Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sadiq Khan Balloon

2»

Comments

• Options

last time i checked Democratic Football Lads Alliance - was an anti terrorist group

this is my issue why is opposing terrorists far right surely islam is anti terrorist - as we are told many times over and over again there is no correlation between islam and terrorism as they are not linked, being anti terrorist is not anti islam?

being against the burkha is not about being against islam as a religion it is being against a item of clothing that the majority of uk citizens do not believe is right.

the fla get pissed off with attacks on kids as concerts, soldiers butchered in the street - every member on here is aswell - and are anti terrorist that does not make them far right.

baloons are pathetic and on par with the arsenal fans and the banners.

khan over that commie ponce corbyn every day of the week, if i had to choose although that is similar to picking a bloke to burgle your house.

Some far right groups use things like terrorism to hide their racist agenda. Personal opinion here but I think some of them use anti teorrism, t'he government isn't doing anything' to recruit than try and push the racial angle. No one wants terrorism, but why are they against Mosques, which is where a lot of government intelligence comes from? Burkas are another one. You can't go to a petrol station with a motorbike helmet on but can with a burka, that's a definite double standard but most ciminals hide their face with hoodies, where is the call for a ban on hoodies? I can't think of a gang of criminals using Burkas to commit a crime.
    quite a few places have banned hoodies - local council ruling of course not national law.

• Options
    Far right groups invariably deny they are racist but their supporters seem to think otherwise. There are an awful lot of racist people about who button their lip when in polite company.

Even the KKK and David Duke tried to go respectable at one point.
  • Options
    It's so bad it's funny, like some awful jokes.
  • Options
    I don't remember the Trump balloon thread being sunk quite so quickly.

It shows the Khan balloon must be having some effect. Let's not forget that he already banned one balloon of himself from being flown and has now, through gritted teeth and internalised anger, okayed this one so as not to appear massively hypocritical......twice.

A very unconvincing, and face saving "yellow is not my colour".

Still, it's hilarious how people have reacted differently to each balloon. One was fawned over and the other discredited out of nothing other than political affiliation and a want to seem more woke than the next wokester.

Right, I'm off to Hawksmoor for a bit of grub.
  • Options
    Regarding banning the burqa - surely the law wouldn't actually state that the wearing of any islamic face covering is banned, it would be something along the lines of "clothing that covers X?% of the face in a public place is prohibited except for safety or health reasons (bikers helmets or bandaging)" I wouldn't have thought that head dresses like turbans, hijabs or hoods on trackie tops would be affected, as long as faces can be seen clearly.

• Options

It shows the Khan balloon must be having some effect. Let's not forget that he already banned one balloon of himself from being flown and has now, through gritted teeth and internalised anger, okayed this one so as not to appear massively hypocritical......twice.

Still, it's hilarious how people have reacted differently to each balloon. One was fawned over and the other discredited out of nothing other than political affiliation and a want to seem more woke than the next wokester.

As you have just proved
  • Options

last time i checked Democratic Football Lads Alliance - was an anti terrorist group

this is my issue why is opposing terrorists far right surely islam is anti terrorist - as we are told many times over and over again there is no correlation between islam and terrorism as they are not linked, being anti terrorist is not anti islam?

being against the burkha is not about being against islam as a religion it is being against a item of clothing that the majority of uk citizens do not believe is right.

the fla get pissed off with attacks on kids as concerts, soldiers butchered in the street - every member on here is aswell - and are anti terrorist that does not make them far right.

khan over that commie ponce corbyn every day of the week, if i had to choose although that is similar to picking a bloke to burgle your house.

Some far right groups use things like terrorism to hide their racist agenda. Personal opinion here but I think some of them use anti teorrism, t'he government isn't doing anything' to recruit than try and push the racial angle. No one wants terrorism, but why are they against Mosques, which is where a lot of government intelligence comes from? Burkas are another one. You can't go to a petrol station with a motorbike helmet on but can with a burka, that's a definite double standard but most ciminals hide their face with hoodies, where is the call for a ban on hoodies? I can't think of a gang of criminals using Burkas to commit a crime.
    A hoodie is nothing like a burka imo, but going with it, you would have to remove your good in the vast majority of shops and definitely all banks etc.. I also reckon that if you walked around long enough wearing a hood in a way that no one could see your face, you'd be pulled up for it sooner or later and rightly so
    Either that or you'd walk into a lamppost.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

A hoodie is nothing like a burka imo, but going with it, you would have to remove your good in the vast majority of shops and definitely all banks etc.. I also reckon that if you walked around long enough wearing a hood in a way that no one could see your face, you'd be pulled up for it sooner or later and rightly so
    Either that or you'd walk into a lamppost.
    I'd walk into a bar mate, it's been known before
  • Options

As you have just proved
    I don't think most people are bothered tbh.

I wonder who funded Sadiq's balloon - I doubt any far right funding is involved.

The Trump balloon was a crap idea and this seems even more pointless. Who will the next one be?

Katie Hopkins and Farage are backing it so it must be a good idea.
  • Options
    I'm sure Sadiq would rather talk about this balloon than the Crossrail delay until next autumn anyway ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You don't though. During the recent heat wave people were walking about with their hoods up without being pulled up.

In other news...

http://newsthump.com/2018/08/22/tommy-robinson-not-that-fussed-about-reporting-on-all-the-catholic-paedophiles/
  • Options

What other balloon? Pretty sure this has been sunk because this forum has become a political one and not a Charlton one.
  • Options

As you have just proved
    I don't think most people are bothered tbh.

I wonder who funded Sadiq's balloon - I doubt any far right funding is involved.

The Trump balloon was a crap idea and this seems even more pointless. Who will the next one be?

Katie Hopkins and Farage are backing it so it must be a good idea.
  • Options

You don't though. During the recent heat wave people were walking about with their hoods up without being pulled up.

In other news...

http://newsthump.com/2018/08/22/tommy-robinson-not-that-fussed-about-reporting-on-all-the-catholic-paedophiles/
    So you saw loads of people walking about their hoods up and you know for certain that none of those people were pulled up?

This is on par with the 'Polish girls in the office" anecdote this
  • Options

In other news...

So you saw loads of people walking about their hoods up and you know for certain that none of those people were pulled up?

Have you ever seen someone pulled up for the crime of walking with their hood up?
  • Options

In other news...

Have you ever seen someone pulled up for the crime of walking with their hood up?
    Not for simply having a hood up because it's raining, but thats not the same comparison. A correct comparison to having a hood up, is probably a hijab and noone is asking for those to be banned.

Before stop and search was.....stopped, people would get pulled up for all sorts, including acting suspiciously, which would include walking about with your face covered with anything (hood drawn in / balaclava) other than a burqa or niqab
  • Options

In other news...

Not for simply having a hood up because it's raining, but thats not the same comparison. A correct comparison to having a hood up, is probably a hijab and noone is asking for those to be banned.

Before stop and search was.....stopped, people would get pulled up for all sorts, including acting suspiciously, which would include walking about with your face covered with anything (hood drawn in / balaclava) other than a burqa or niqab
    I mentioned during the heat wave because it wasn't raining during that time, and it was hot.

Stop and searches haven't stopped, this is from before the heat wave. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/sadiq-khan-stop-search-london-crime-plan-violence-police-metropolitan-stabbings-acid-murder-moped-a8152371.html
  • Options

what does "far-right mean"? i feel it is a phrase and branding that gets chucked around what about right wing what makes it "far"?

In this case

"The anti-Khan crowdfunding campaign has been far more successful than the one preceding the anti-Trump balloon protest, a feat achieved, perhaps, because it was covered by right-wing partisan media outlets such as Fox News and Russia Today, and promoted by far-right and anti-Muslim groups such as the Democratic Football Lads Alliance, The Rebel Media, and The Voice of Europe. The pro-Brexit platforms Westmonster and British Voice also shared news about the campaign.

Right-wing activists such as Paul Joseph Watson (YouTuber and editor of InfoWars); Jim Hoft (founder and author of The Gateway Pundit); Pamela Geller (political activist and president of the American Freedom Defense Initiative); and Mark Collett (author and former chairman of the youth division of the British National Party) also jumped on the promotion bandwagon. In addition, the campaign was shared by various anonymous Twitter users that resemble typical pro-Russian troll accounts."

The guy raising the money Yanny Bruere also turns out to have made a lot of anti semitic tweets (see, it's not just the left who are guilty of this) in the past.

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/uk-and-europe/2018/08/01/exposing-past-anti-semitic-tweets-man-crowdfunding-giant-sadiq-khan-balloon-fly-london/

The protest is fine, nothing wrong with a balloon of Khan anymore than there was of Trump but Trump and his supporters got all upset, Khan is just laughing it off and not, as the organisers, hoped, banning it.

And remember Khan didn't organise the Trump balloon, he just didn't ban it as the right wing "freedom of speech" merchants wanted.

There’s a difference between far right and right wing as your last paragraph now seems to acknowledge.

I think the majority of sane people were embarrassed that the London mayor was seemingly endorsing and encouraging such a pointless insult to the president of our major ally. That doesn’t make them “far right” as you put it.

If you think khan deserves some sort of plaudits for shruggling his balloon off, you’re as bonkers as the rest of them.
  • Options

Let’s not act like this was all a one way street.

• Options
    Bloody hell. I logged on at 6.45 am to start an argument on this thread & I was still beaten to it :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Possibly the worst thread ever on CL.
  • Options
    In London they commemorated the anniversary of Diana's death with a Khan doll in the wind.