Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How bad do they want him??

WSSWSS
edited June 2007 in Rumours
Charlton striker Darren Bent will join West Ham for £18m in a deal that will net the 23-year-old £80,000 a week. Daily Star

£80,000 a week is absolutely mental. I hope that Darren realises that money isnt everything but if any of us were offered that kind of a raise at a company we didnt like that much etc we would be branded stupid not to accept surely?

Comments

• It is in the Star, do u really believe evverything you read in there
  • [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]It is in the Star, do u really believe evverything you read in there
    Would it really be that unexpected?
  • On the BBC website it claimed that paper also said the 28 year old Darren Bent.

I'm sure he's in Barbados still anyway.

Ollie???
  • Ollie's off site for a while......

Think he's in Barbados
  • I've heard from a few sources West Ham are very keen, so would not suprise me.
  • £15 mill + harewood + mullins is an unbelievable deal and because it's in the Star i reckon it's just that, unbelievable.

West ham fans will go mental if they pay so much as most seem to rate him in the 10-12 mill bracket.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]West ham fans will go mental if they pay so much as most seem to rate him in the 10-12 mill bracket.

Maybe but we're the selling club and we're the ones who are valuing him, not West Ham. Pay up or bugger off Eggman
  • We are holding all the cards, and it could triger a bidding war, in which would be a massive plus,
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]but if any of us were offered that kind of a raise at a company we didnt like that much etc we would be branded stupid not to accept surely?

Loyalty would be right out of the window if someone were to almost triple my salary
  • good luck to him, those sort of contract offers may never come around again. I'd bite their hand off it was me.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]good luck to him, those sort of contract offers may never come around again. I'd bite their hand off it was me.

Me too. Life's too short and all that...As for the deal, I'd take £15m plus Harewood and Mullins. I reckon he'd score a few goals for us in the CCC. Mullins isn't that bad either. Probably slightly better than what we have at the moment?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]£15 mill + harewood + mullins is an unbelievable deal and because it's in the Star i reckon it's just that, unbelievable.

West ham fans will go mental if they pay so much as most seem to rate him in the 10-12 mill bracket.[/quote]

I doubt that they would care, Eggy seems to have a bloody fortune so its not like its coming out of the season ticket money any more. The whole concept of the richer clubs Premiership fans being annoyed at overpaying for a player is now on the way out because the money is not "their" money at all anymore, its coming from Sky and private finance.
  • Wherever he goes he is going to get a load of dosh and I guess he has high hopes of going to a top four club or Spurs .... and would rather go to Liverpool (say) on £30k per week than go to West Ham for £200k per week.

If the likes of Liverpool don't come knocking then I am sure he will be happy to go to West Ham since with the riches they are splashing about they have to expect a top six finish and of course he wouldn't be in any rush to move house.
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Wherever he goes he is going to get a load of dosh and I guess he has high hopes of going to a top four club or Spurs .... and would rather go to Liverpool (say) on £30k per week than go to West Ham for £200k per week.

If the likes of Liverpool don't come knocking then I am sure he will be happy to go to West Ham since with the riches they are splashing about they have to expect a top six finish and of course he wouldn't be in any rush to move house.

He'd soon get fed up with the Blackwall Tunnel, mind you.
    Unfortunately I can see it happening and whilst I would wish DB, it still makes my blood boil that WHAM are a bunch of cheats who should have been kicked into touch. £5.5M punishment? Bribe, more like.
  • Weegie, my thought exactly - IF it's true then clearly shows how much the £5.5M 'punishment' has affected the club ...

(must find out how to do the fancy quote stuff ....)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Red Riding Hoodie[/cite]Weegie, my thought exactly - IF it's true then clearly shows how much the £5.5M 'punishment' has affected the club ...

(must find out how to do the fancy quote stuff ....)[/quote]

Hit the "quote" link on the top right hand of the post you want to quote from, that will autonatically transfer all text in to a new box and then delete anything you don't want to keep.

£15m for DB plus Harewood and Mullins values him at around £18/19m, depending on what value you put on the latter. I still think we can get more from Liverpool/Arsenal.
  • bfr
    re;quoting advice
    did i hear "do as i say, not as i do"
  • All Baby Bent wants to do at the mo is play football.

I wouldn't mind betting he goes to whoever will give him the most games, with the minimum amount
    of bench warming - he's no Danny Murphy.

£30k a week or £80k - it's all figures on paper to him - he won't care as long as he's playing.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]All Baby Bent wants to do at the mo is play football.

I wouldn't mind betting he goes to whoever will give him the most games, with the minimum amount
    of bench warming - he's no Danny Murphy.

£30k a week or £80k - it's all figures on paper to him - he won't care as long as he's playing.

That makes it all the more likely he'll end up at the cheats then - Curbs would be sure to guarantee him a start.
  • BFR - yeah, i know how to 'quote' just not how to 'fancy quote'; will get lesson from PBS!

... back over to the original thread subject now ;-)