Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joey Barton - 300k loyalty payment

these f******* footballers have got a nerve sometimes.

He kicks shit out of a team mate get a clause of £5.5 m bid and I am off put in his contract and he has the gall to demand a 300k loyalty payment, which is also in contract more fool them some would say, from Man City.

Or are some of you going to say fair enough it is in his contract he should get the dough.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]these f******* footballers have got a nerve sometimes.

He kicks shit out of a team mate get a clause of £5.5 m bid and I am off put in his contract and he has the gall to demand a 300k loyalty payment, which is also in contract more fool them some would say, from Man City.

Or are some of you going to say fair enough it is in his contract he should get the dough.

Man City put in his contract that they would pay him £300k if he's sold without asking for a transfer. They also put in a minimum fee release clause, which Newcastle activated.

He's not asked for a transfer, he's entitled to the money.
  • Options
    I think he should be beaten with a cricket stump but that's just me I guess
  • Options
    yeah i see what u mean but he was lucky not to be sacked for chinning that fella so should waive it.
  • Options
    I thought he had to pay the loyalty payment to Citeh ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]yeah i see what u mean but he was lucky not to be sacked for chinning that fella so should waive it.

Dont get me wrong. I think the guys a cock as much as the next man. But if clubs are gonna give players that much power they're gonna have their fingers burnt.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]
    Man City put in his contract that they would pay him £300k if he's sold without asking for a transfer. They also put in a minimum fee release clause, which Newcastle activated.
    He's not asked for a transfer, he's entitled to the money.

It would've been Barton wanting the 5.5m release clause in his contract though, not City. And although he hasn't technically asked for a transfer he is the one who has made his position at the club untenable so to speak. I agree with Ledge he was lucky not to be sacked.
    Footballers are a joke, in no other profession would this happen. If you lamped a workmate you'd be out, and say you were due a bonus, i don't think you'd be getting it.