Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jeremy Sarmiento (former U18 rising star) - now with Brighton (p6)

Comments

• Options
    If he's coming back to England it should hopefully enhance his chances of playing for us

Even whilst in Benfica he's kept appearing for our junior teams (apart from one tournament where there was an administrative issue with his passport) but he's eligible for Spain, Portugal and Ecuador as well
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I know he was heavily linked to Man City in the past , wonder if they've seen a chance to nab him for nothing? 
    Wolves would be my guess with their links to Portugal.
    Very very good shout! And not exactly blessed out wide behind Adama. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Don't like the way his old man keeps saying "we". It's the sons career, not his! 
    Dad probably pushed and backed him all the way, like fathers do.

Many players would never have made the grade without their parents' support.

Theres support and theres being overbearing whilst living vicariously through him.
    You don't know that. It's only your own opinion based on ....... not actually knowing anything about the actual situation.

Its not exactly an unheard of thing....I know there are more supportive parents than not. It does happen though.

Hope that's not the case now but who knows...the constant use of "we" is a bit strange when it isnt HIS career. Thats all.
  • Options
    His dad sounds like a knob. Reminds me of Tiger Woods’ dad in that recent doc. Poor kid. 
    Shows it’s not just footballing ability that sees you make it. Support behind the scenes is just as crucial. 
  • Options
    Sounds like his dad wanted it both ways, first team and football, something which is extremely difficult. Good young prospects can either stay at their lower league club, get first team experience and then look to move up the ladder, or go and sit in a bigger clubs reserves. Very few are good enough to do both, hope the lad still has the opportunity to progress. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Don't like the way his old man keeps saying "we". It's the sons career, not his! 
    Dad probably pushed and backed him all the way, like fathers do.

Many players would never have made the grade without their parents' support.

Theres support and theres being overbearing whilst living vicariously through him.
    I give you Sonny Pike.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Signed for Brighton earlier this month. Sorry if it’s been posted elsewhere

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.theargus.co.uk/sport/19416786.amp/ 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Made his debut last night from the bench for Brighton in the League Cup (they beat Swansea 2-0)

Sounds like he impressed the fans
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    course he did, if he was rubbish, he'd still be here :)
    so true and we’d be lauding our academy for another player who’s firmly ensconced in our team in our worse position for 90 odd years .
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    course he did, if he was rubbish, he'd still be here :)
    he’s no Jacob Roddy.
  • Options
    Followed Graham Potter career since he joined östersund in 4th division in Sweden.
    Article on young Coaches leaving England to get opportunities. Local fans told him he was mad as Östersund were useless and cursed( which team does that remind you of?)
    The rest is history as Potter cast his magic and took the team up to the top division and Europe.

A master's degree in Leadership and emotional intelligence, plus top coaching badges for GP and Jeremy Sarmiento has at 19 made a good move to Brighton where he will be mentored by Andrew Crofts who is doing really well with the Seagulls.

Checkout the England U17 squad that Sarmiento was part of and only Greenwood has continued to progress at a fast rate.

Holding on to our talented youngsters of 15 until 18 remained tough especially with the behaviour of agents as highlighted by Panorama. Nothing new on there for me  other than they named an Agent who approaches young kids and their parent/parents; when still underage.
  • Options
    Looks like England have lost him, as he was still playing for the youth sides

Just seen on twitter that he's with the Ecuador Senior Team for their World Cup qualifiers this week
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Not necessarily, new rules from FIFA means he can play up to three competitive matches for Ecuador before the age of 21 and still switch back later on. 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54211943

Not that I'd be expecting a switch...
  • Options
    This is fing tragic!😔
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Played 30 minutes off the bench against Bolivia.
  • Options
    This kids desire (or his Dads) to be a first team star has seen him progress from Charlton's youth team to Brightons reserve team, and the England youth team to the might of Ecuador.
  • Options
    This kids desire (or his Dads) to be a first team star has seen him progress from Charlton's youth team to Brightons reserve team, and the England youth team to the might of Ecuador.

• Options
    Think the Brighton fans were very impressed when he played in the League Cup.

Good few were calling for him to make his debut in the Premier League
  • Options
    My GF son is at the academy, very well run club
  • Options
    Erith Town have a 17yo lad currently on trial at Brighton. Very professionally run club and easy to work with and it's therefore no surprise why players are attracted there. 
    Looks a good prospect.  Has already overcome a lot of logistical difficulties to get to this point so clearly has the desire and may just have the ability too.
    shame we couldn’t get him in at Charlton 
  • Options
    He had a trial but was coming by train and Southeastern were having one of their days.
  • Options
    Making his debut for Ecuador tonight.