Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bradford Away Roll Call

Comments

• Options

unfortunately not, been last 2 years top away day for me.

We've had a good couple of years up there mate, I'm not sure what the wife will make of the barrack tavern.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

We've had a good couple of years up there mate, I'm not sure what the wife will make of the barrack tavern.
    Great pub and Stella for a quid nearly stayed all night
  • Options

clb74 said:

Elfs boycotted the stella because of the Belgium links.
    Barnet Darren and Paula are staying at ours for the bradford game in march
  • Options
    I'll be there. Probably...
  • Options

cabbles said:

In. First time since Benito Carbone’s lob in 2001

With my old man and @The31YearMan who is lauding up the fact he hasn’t missed a game since Jan this year. He’ll never be the big hitter in the league of the Lewis brothers, no matter how hard he tries

Wrong cabbles. Last game missed was Bury at home last season in Sept 2017 so edging toward a calendar card.
    You're right though about not being in the 'Lewis League' as I need to seek dispensation for Blackpool away in Dec. Absolutely gutted I'm missing a potential third trip to Bloomfield Road in 2018.
    These 31 years will have cracks all over it.

We’ll dissect this Blackpool revelation on Saturday. See you in the valley cafe at 7.45am
  • Options
    Anyone know if tickets are on sale on the day?
  • Options
    clb74 said:

cabbles said:

With my old man and @The31YearMan who is lauding up the fact he hasn’t missed a game since Jan this year. He’ll never be the big hitter in the league of the Lewis brothers, no matter how hard he tries

Wrong cabbles. Last game missed was Bury at home last season in Sept 2017 so edging toward a calendar card.
    You're right though about not being in the 'Lewis League' as I need to seek dispensation for Blackpool away in Dec. Absolutely gutted I'm missing a potential third trip to Bloomfield Road in 2018.

Aim for 3.1 years first
    Now into Year 4.
    Year 1 - 3 dispensations
    Year 2 - 3 dispensations
    Year 3 - 4 dispensations

• Options
    I’ll be there with my Palace supporting Mrs. To be fair to her, she’s been to 4 home games with me this season!
  • Options
    Any idea for pubs??
  • Options

clb74 said:

cabbles said:

Aim for 3.1 years first
    Now into Year 4.
    Year 1 - 3 dispensations
    Year 2 - 3 dispensations
    Year 3 - 4 dispensations

So 10 competitive games missed in the last 3 seasons....a mediocre start to this meaningless quest of yours...

PS - don’t look to the forum for support. I forbay it. Oohaahmortimer and whoever else you had backing you won’t suffer this Blackpool nonsense lightly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2018

Any idea for pubs??

Straight in front of the Interchange there’s a pub called The Queens, not a total dive and it was £2.50 for a pint of lager. Didn’t make anywhere else before cabbing it to the ground last season.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

We’ll dissect this Blackpool revelation on Saturday. See you in the valley cafe at 7.45am
    I'm revealing nothing.
  • Options

Yay plus 3 daughters.

How old are they? :wink:

I wasn't going but might have to reconsider lol
  • Options
    I'll be there. Less than 10 miles from where I live.
  • Options

Any idea for pubs??

Straight in front of the Interchange there’s a pub called The Queens, not a total dive and it was £2.50 for a pint of lager. Didn’t make anywhere else before cabbing it to the ground last season.
    Does it show football? Spurs v Liverpool on sky?
  • Options

clb74 said:

Rose did city vaults have the football on last year
  • Options

Any idea for pubs??

It definitely had football on last season, Chelsea were playing I think.

• Options

Any idea for pubs??

It definitely had football on last season, Chelsea were playing I think.

At home to Watford had Chelsea as my last man standing
    Sure football was on in city vaults as well
  • Options
    Huddersfield V Palarse 3o’clock KO pretty sure our train will be full of em.
  • Options
    Live in Halifax. So me and the big bro are going.

It's a cracking day out, best pie in the league by a mile!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    robroy said:

Live in Halifax. So me and the big bro are going.

It's a cracking day out, best pie in the league by a mile!

Top 3 definitely. I'm going to put Shrewsbury ahead of them.
  • Options

Any idea for pubs??

Cross the road opposite the Queen and there is a pub on the corner called the ginger goose. That will have football on. If the queen isn't your cup of tea there is a pub he hind the goose called the bank. Good quality beer.

For the cheap and cheerful the weather spoons in centenary Square isn't bad.

Anyone staying over the night I would recommend north parade, about 15 minute walk from the city center.

Avoid the boy and barrel and the city gent.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

It will have, another "alright pub" once you learn how to navigate the multiple floors.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Any idea for pubs??

Cross the road opposite the Queen and there is a pub on the corner called the ginger goose. That will have football on. If the queen isn't your cup of tea there is a pub he hind the goose called the bank. Good quality beer.

For the cheap and cheerful the weather spoons in centenary Square isn't bad.

Anyone staying over the night I would recommend north parade, about 15 minute walk from the city center.

Avoid the boy and barrel and the city gent.
    Thanks
  • Options
    How could I have forgotten sunbridge Wells, loverly place.

Don't rate the bank then Jimmy?
  • Options

Hello Charlton fans, Bantam fan in peace.

For those of you travelling up to this game I thought you would appreciate a heads up on the best places to drink - for those of you who are intending on having a few anyway!

If you are arriving by train and come into Bradford via the Interchange then I would suggest making the short walk from the station to City Park – easily found as it fronts on to City Hall. Just look for the tall clock tower in front of you as you leave the station. For cheap and cheerful there is the Turls Green (Westherspoons). However, I would recommend taking in Sunbridge Wells – a subterranean complex of bars (7 in total I think) which is located behind the Turls Green (just go through the passage between Turls Green and Starbuks and you will see it straight ahead). These bars are about 20 minutes’ walk from the ground though, so keep that in mind.

Link to Sunbridge Wells: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Sunbridge+Wells/@53.7938312,-1.7551871,3a,75y,79h,90t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipPv4aadnw7DmO0YtMFz5aVzXrJyytERdELoDBbC!2e10!3e11!6shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipPv4aadnw7DmO0YtMFz5aVzXrJyytERdELoDBbC=w129-h106-k-no-pi-2.9999962-ya146.49998-ro-0-fo100!7i4608!8i2304!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xf13c94a73081e1f6!8m2!3d53.7936307!4d-1.7553442

Sunbridge Lounge has a nice selection of beers and serves tapas.

If you are short on time then you will need to be making your way towards Valley Parade, therefore I would recommend North Parade. A street full of independent bars and only a 10 minutes’ walk from the ground. Great beers and vibrant atmosphere on match days.

Also worthy of note is City Vaults, opposite Waterstones and close to the Broadway Shopping Centre where you can get some traditional pub grub. This is about 15 minutes’ walk from the ground.If you arrive at Forster Square station then City Vaults and North Parade are your best bets. This is the nearest station to the ground as well.

Parking is bit rubbish close to the ground; you may find the odd space down some of the nearby side streets. For cheap, safe and secure I would recommend parking at the Broadway Shopping Centre - £1.50 for the entire day. If you park there then expect a 15 minutes’ walk to the ground. There is a food court in the Broadway and includes Burger King, Subway, Taco Bell and a Chinese whose name I forget. Five Guys and Zizzi are just outside.

A very nice gesture Jimmy.....much appreciated by one and all.
    Sunbridge Wells will have caused a few smiles amongst our readers as Tunbridge Wells in Kent is home to a fair sprinkling of Addicks and traditionally sits within our Kentish catchment area......it’s rather posh don’t you know.

• Options
    Knowing both quite well, it's worth saying that sunbridge, wouldn't be out of place I. Tunbridge. The gin bar is a favourite of mine. Tbh you wouldn't think your in Bradford.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

yeah sure it was on as remember a few watching it.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

How could I have forgotten sunbridge Wells, loverly place.

Don't rate the bank then Jimmy?

To be honest it's been a long time since I've ventured in to the Bank so I couldn't comment.