Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dr John Cooper Clarke

Anyone a fan on here?

He's doing a couple of localish dates in Spring 2019.

Canterbury Marlowe Theatre on Thursday 11th April

and

De La Warr Pavilion in Bexhill On Sea on Thursday 16th May 2019.

More dates here - http://johncooperclarke.com/gigs/

Comments

• Options
    Only ever seen him on Cats Does Countdown but like his stuff.

Imagine he's very marmite though.
  • Options
    Jimmy Seed's mate
  • Options
    Yeah agree. I think he's quality
  • Options
    Twat
  • Options
    Very entertaining
  • Options
    Can’t stand him, don’t know if I should find him amusing or thoughtful or is it something I don’t understand?
    And using the title Dr as if he is really entitled to it. Well maybe he is but isn’t it bad form to use Dr if it’s honouree?
    Also his hair winds me up.
  • Options
    Saw him last year. Fantastic?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Do I have to ring early for emergency appointments ?

Never heard of him
  • Options
    Saw him at Ally Pally in 1981 with the Slits, the Pop Group and the Raincoats.
  • Options
    Snap, Crackle and Bop is a wonderful album.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He does what he does brilliantly. Am a fan.
  • Options
    De La Warr just down the road from me but I’ll give it a swerve thanks.
  • Options
    Funny on Cats does Countdown but not sure if I would want to watch a whole gig of his
  • Options
    Liked him when he does little snippets on cats does countdown, then saw him live at a festival but got bored half way through his set, so I left to go see something else.
  • Options
    Ok in cameo appearances and one off’s......obviously a very talented fella.
    Despite that, there’s no way I could sit through an entire live performance.
    Twenty to thirty minutes would be my cut off point l reckon.
  • Options
    He was completely pissed and not very funny last time I watched him live.
  • Options
    Fucking brilliant
  • Options
    A big fan since the late ‘70s when he and Patrick Fitzgerald were lauded as the punk poets. I’m amazed he’s still going strong seeing as he looked very ill even then.
  • Options
    He’s very very funny live. Seen him a couple of times, best friend is a big fan. Top bloke
  • Options
    He cracks me up....saw him supporting Elvis Costello in 1978 and down in Rochester about 5 years ago, bit of a break in between but still very funny. He's part poetry, part stand-up now, like someone said it’s great he’s still going, he’s never looked exactly healthy!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw him in a tent on Blackheath once, the late Malcolm Hardee was host, he was top of the bill but so poor I walked out.
    Saw him about a year or so later in the Cricketers pub by the Oval and he was excellent.
    Considering the kind of performer he is, I quite like that up and down aspect of him.
    One of my favourites for that kind of thing, but much lighter and sillier is John Hegley.

A sample:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPF0AFnDfYM
  • Options
    unique .. 'so drunk he was swaying like an Ikea wardrobe' .. hahahha
  • Options
    Malcolm Hardy - Another funny clever bloke. I was fortunate enough to have a good beer in his company on a few occasions
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Saw him in a tent on Blackheath once, the late Malcolm Hardee was host, he was top of the bill but so poor I walked out.
    Saw him about a year or so later in the Cricketers pub by the Oval and he was excellent.
    Considering the kind of performer he is, I quite like that up and down aspect of him.
    One of my favourites for that kind of thing, but much lighter and sillier is John Hegley.

A sample:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPF0AFnDfYM

I went out with his ex girlfriend in the late 90s. She dumped me quite quickly.
  • Options
    Surprised this wasn't a RIP thread, poor bloke always looks on the verge of death. Don't mind him in Cats do Countdown bit longer stints could really grate