Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The last home game you missed......

with the fixture list pending there seems to be different hopes for the opening sequence of games we're given tomorrow due to already booked commitments, me included....so be it work, illness, family matters, weddings,stag/hen dos etc what was the last home game you missed ?

Mine was Pompey at home 3 years ago, I think, David James howler, due to a wedding.

Comments

• Options
    Newcastle @ Home last season - was in New York.

Still watched it though with 4 other Addicks
  • Options
    Liverpool at home was the last game home game I missed.

Boro away was the last game I missed full stop.

(Both last season)
  • Options
    Birmingham City at Home 05/06 as was in New York with Family. Missed a Darren Bent special that day.
  • Options
    missed loads of games last season, but just worked out there were only 9 games i didn't see the full 90 of somehow.
  • Options
    Boro at home this season was in hospital
  • Options
    Blackburn at home. Curbs last game, gave my tickets to Carlsberg to sit in the Jimmy Seed
  • Options
    Newcastle last season. Switched to Sunday and my daughter plays then.
  • Options
    Spurs - Home

Has the sh*ts
  • Options
    West Ham 4-0.

Had a game to referee. It was at Honfair Park and I could hear the crowd singing, chainting and celebrating the goals!!!
  • Options
    wycombe - thank god
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wycombe for me also (mind you, if it comes to that, i didn't go to any of the carling cup matches last season)...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]wycombe - thank god

That game also. Last Premiership game I missed was Everton 2005/2006 season - was before cheap travel from Sheffield to The Valley without getting non-existant bargain advanced purchase rail tickets.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]wycombe for me also (mind you, if it comes to that, i didn't go to any of the carling cup matches last season)...

I only went to the one at Chesterfield last season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Newcastle last season. Switched to Sunday and my daughter plays then.

It was so nearly that game - looked everywhere for trains into London (Sheffield - St Pancras, GNER to King's Cross, Virgin to Euston changing at Birmingham, owt from Warwick Parkway where i'd change from an airport coach). Absolutely zilch and ended up getting the overnight coach to London arriving at silly o'clock.
  • Options
    28th December 2004, Beat Everton 2-0. I was ill.
  • Options
    v West Ham 4-0 - in Australia.
  • Options
    Wycombe - couldnt be bothered to leave a pub in the City

Only league cup game I went to was Chesterfield.
  • Options
    Wycombe for me as well - just knew what was coming
  • Options
    Charlie, have you ever posted on the addicks mailing list as Roy Arnold

Love and peace
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Charlie, have you ever posted on the addicks mailing list as Roy Arnold

Love and peace

No comment
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Peakie_Rocket[/cite]Wycombe for me as well - just knew what was coming

The issue of not wanting to be stranded in London on a cold night was a factor (likely to have been the case if the game went to extra time) in my decision not to go to the game.
  • Options
    Chelsea last season, was on holiday.
  • Options
    Pompey last season, was at a stag doo in hamsterdam. watched it with some millwall mates! crap match, crap result!