Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Many Back Room Staff At Club?

I was reading an article from 2 years ago about the staff sizes of some PL and Championship clubs. I was surprised how small the non-playing team staff was for these clubs. Excluding coaches, medical, academy.

Watford 40
Palace 54
West Brom 66
Swansea 85
Leeds 69.

Any idea how many people work for us, outside of the team category? Am curious.

Comments

• Options

I was reading an article from 2 years ago about the staff sizes of some PL and Championship clubs. I was surprised how small the non-playing team staff was for these clubs. Excluding coaches, medical, academy.

Watford 40
    Palace 54
    West Brom 66
    Swansea 85
    Leeds 69.

Any idea how many people work for us, outside of the team category? Am curious.

Five
  • Options

Five

At least they are paid well.
  • Options
    36 non-football staff

Five are ground staff at Sparrows Lane and nine Valley ground staff, maintenance and security and not full time.

The two matchday safety staff are also part time.

Three in accounts, four in ticketing, five in Comms and two commercial plus two in HR.

Peak was 123 but that included the now outsourced catering and retail staff in 2005/6 and we were in the premier league.

*Awaits next weird theory "proved" by these numbers*

Source VOTV 145

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Thanks for the info.

* await next weird "insider knowledge" on our takeover* ;-)
  • Options

36 non-football staff

Five are ground staff at Sparrows Lane and nine Valley ground staff, maintenance and security and not full time.

Three in accounts, four in ticketing, five in Comms and two commercial plus two in HR.

Peak was 123 but that included the now outsourced catering and retail staff in 2005/6 and we were in the premier league.

Source VOTV 145

When I went to ticket office last week there was 5 windows open in the West ticket office and there was a further 2 in the North ticket office
  • Options
    I used to think our coaching staff was overloaded. There used to be some bloke whose sole job (it seems) was to pick up the cones after the pre-match warm up. He might now have been replaced by Grant Basey whose sole job seems to be a 5 min drill of throwing the ball for 4 defenders to head back to him.
  • Options
    Isn’t Basey the kit man?
  • Options

36 non-football staff

Source VOTV 145

When I went to ticket office last week there was 5 windows open in the West ticket office and there was a further 2 in the North ticket office
    Matchday only staff like stewards
  • Options

I used to think our coaching staff was overloaded. There used to be some bloke whose sole job (it seems) was to pick up the cones after the pre-match warm up. He might now have been replaced by Grant Basey whose sole job seems to be a 5 min drill of throwing the ball for 4 defenders to head back to him.

And do you watch them all week to see what they do or just for 20 minutes in the warm up?
  • Options
    I'm surprised Roland still lets us have a back room tbh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm surprised Roland still lets us have a back room tbh.

NHS have most of them
  • Options

36 non-football staff

Source VOTV 145

Five in comms??? No way do we need that many when we have Roland doing all of the press releases!!
  • Options

36 non-football staff

Source VOTV 145

Five in comms??? No way do we need that many when we have Roland doing all of the press releases!!
    Actually only four comms people now that Steve Adamson has left to run the women's team

https://www.cafc.co.uk/club/club-overview/staff
  • Options

So, the only time you saw him do anything was when you were at games and watched what he did pre match.
    From that you are inferring that that was all he had to do for a living.
    How the hell do you know what other duties were performed or expected of him?
    What a bloody idiotic post by you.
  • Options
    I thought at one stage he was going to join in the post match pavement dancing at the Shrewsbury play off game
  • Options
    edited September 2018

36 non-football staff

Source VOTV 145

Actually only four comms people now that Steve Adamson has left to run the women's team

https://www.cafc.co.uk/club/club-overview/staff
    Tickets going down to three, presumably, as Paul Jeffery has quit.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Isn’t Basey the kit man?

He is the kit man. He also does some crosses for the goalkeepers warm up.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

Scoham said:

Isn’t Basey the kit man?

Do we really need a kit man?

The Sparrow's Lane tea lady can do the kit and the keeper's crosses in the matchday warm-up.
    Because otherwise, all she has to do all week is make tea at 11am and 3 in the afternoon.

And provide all the player gossip for Charlton Life.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Crusty54 said:

Scoham said:

Isn’t Basey the kit man?

Do we really need a kit man?

The Sparrow's Lane tea lady can do the kit and the keeper's crosses in the matchday warm-up.
    Because otherwise, all she has to do all week is make tea at 11am and 3 in the afternoon.

And provide all the player gossip for Charlton Life.

Tea Lady quit, players now have to bring their own Thermos's in from home if they want a cuppa.
  • Options

36 non-football staff

Source VOTV 145

Were they eating at the desk?