Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Strike Rate and the Statbank

I'm contemplating including the strike rate for each player in the stats, but what is a strike rate, to me there are two possibilities:

1: Goals scored divided by shots on target, so Taylor has scored 5 out of 9 on target which is a rate of 56%
2. Goals scored divided by shots on target, blocked and missed, which for Taylor is 5 in 19 shots or 26.32%

To me the second one is a truer percentage, but before I decide whether to include it what do you other Lifers think?

Comments

• Do both :)
    Goal - game ratio
    Strike rate (Shot / Goal)

More work for you LL , you love it!
  • I would say number 2 as well. if Steer or Phillips get a goal from a shot they got a good chance of having a 100% strike rate. would make Taylor look a bit naff.
  • Defo #2. Goals / all shots.
  • Of course it is 2.

an effort is an effort - doesn't matter if on target, goes in or hits the corner flag.
  • Sorry i think i misread the question... my bad number 2 in that scenario, i kind of jumped on a different question altogether :smiley:

KUTGW
  • It doesn’t matter what the ratio of shots to goals is, the only thing that matters in this instance is the number of shots and the number of goals. If a player has 10 shots on target and only goes in it still means their goalkeeper and defence had 9 others they had to deal with and were under pressure for
  • Put me down for 2 as well.
  • I struggled with understanding number 2. Are you suggesting:
    1. Goals scored divided by shots on target.
    2. Goals scored divided by all shots.

If so, 2.
  • No. 2 is surely a more useful tool for judging a striker's effectiveness. Good work, Lancashire Lad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Total for the whole team compared to last season might also be of interest.
    Strike rate plus total chances created and conceded for the first nine games would show how we are doing compared to the time under KR.
    Think you used to show the aggregate chances but NOT broken down by player last season?