Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

One BIG thing that is bringing a good feeling at the Club

The Manager and Assistant - Bowyer and Jackson

I always say to my Charlton mates and I'll say it on this forum that I think Bowyer and Jacko is bringing a good feeling to the Valley despite all the garbage that is going on at Charlton at the moment. They know Charlton through and through and they've done well so far with the squad we have got.

They deserve big credit at the moment.

Comments

• I agree. Hadn’t been to a game this season, hadn’t planned to under Duchatelet.

Hear Bowyer talking about his team and his players talking about playing for Charlton, took the lad to Wycombe. He wasn’t keen but really enjoyed it.

Will be back despite my best intentions of a boycott.

Think they’ve done very well so far with no money and a pile of uncertainty.

• & Winning works for me...
  • Spot on disco
  • These two have done much to win the hearts of Charlton fans, but wining is the key. Let's not forget we had all these kinds of posts last year when Robinson's team had finished the last season strongly and started the new one well. These two will always carry more good will than KR was ever able to engender, but lets not get carried away with just a few wins. There are good signs, but many games left to go in which it could still go sour.
  • Both wining and winning helps for me

• Perhaps Bowyer just tells Roland what he expects from him ..... back me or I walk. :smile:

• I confess to being (pleasantly) surprised by how well Bowyer has done. The team he's made is one in his image, hard working and combative but with genuine quality too. Unlike the Gob's reign, even if/when we do lose it feels more like they will be actually disappointed rather than shrugging it off.
  • thenewbie said:

I confess to being (pleasantly) surprised by how well Bowyer has done. The team he's made is one in his image, hard working and combative but with genuine quality too. Unlike the Gob's reign, even if/when we do lose it feels more like they will be actually disappointed rather than shrugging it off.

TBF, I don’t think it could be said Robinson had put together a team in his image...
  • a decent start BUT its early days - we all want the team to perform and win but we still have 36 games to play if we finish bottom half of the table will they still be making us feel good.

on paper i do think we have a top 10 team ?