Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Question about Keith Peacock - answer YES or NO

Comments

• Options
    Missed It said:

Yes. Before my time so never actually saw it but heard about it though

It was a sight to behold, shame you Missed It :wink:
  • Options

Yes.

Sorry, didnt LOL on purpose !
  • Options
    yes
  • Options
    Yes... and he never missed!
  • Options
    Bet he could still do it today!
  • Options
    Sure I also saw him do it on occasion when coming out for pre match warm ups during our prem days but I only remember him doing it at away grounds
  • Options

Sure I also saw him do it on occasion when coming out for pre match warm ups during our prem days but I only remember him doing it at away grounds

Absolutely not. Every home game and I never remember him failing.
  • Options
    Nope, not old enough
  • Options
    Yes please. Thank you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Correct.

Some people on here may not remember him doing it as a player but anyone who has been going for the last 15-20 years should remember seeing him do it.
  • Options

I know he did it at every home game, I witnessed most and also never saw him fail.
    However, during our prem days, I am 99.9% certain, that on the odd occasion at an away fixture and when our fans were situated behind a goal, he would do this when bringing the squad out for the pre match warm up.
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    The memory may be playing tricks, but isn’t he captured on film doing it when the ‘Big Match’ and Brian Moore covered Charlton v Burnley in the early 70s ? He went on to score in that game. I think it featured in one of the club’s 70s videos
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    yes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes.
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    Maybe somebody at the club could find some footage and put it on the big screen for when the teams come out tomorrow...
  • Options
    I remember it well, he used to squeeze between Floyd and Harvey, the then mascots, and gyrate in what Keith used to refer as a ‘sex-sandwich’ before turning to the Covered End, putting his fag out and bowing.

The reason no one still does it is really a trick question – it is because Floyd and Harvey retired three years ago.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Seems to me there’s potential for the club and the great man or somebody with a bit more time and knowledge than me to get hold of a bit of footage and start a ‘Keith Peacock Challenge’ trend on Twitter or whatever, and throw it out to the footballing world, tagging say the Prostrate charity or any other worthy cause that’s being supported at the moment. Players will try and emulate the feat but the mirth and merriment (ok, derision) when they fail will be a bit of fun.

The Prostrate charity? Keith certainly didn't do it lying down. Folk round our way still talk about Pee-Wee's knee-trembler.

• Options

Seems to me there’s potential for the club and the great man or somebody with a bit more time and knowledge than me to get hold of a bit of footage and start a ‘Keith Peacock Challenge’ trend on Twitter or whatever, and throw it out to the footballing world, tagging say the Prostrate charity or any other worthy cause that’s being supported at the moment. Players will try and emulate the feat but the mirth and merriment (ok, derision) when they fail will be a bit of fun.

The Prostrate charity? Keith certainly didn't do it lying down. Folk round our way still talk about Pee-Wee's knee-trembler.

Great idea; they could start from the centre spot and see how far they get - would have to keep the ball up until they reached the edge of the box before firing home.
  • Options
    Yes.
    Also never saw him miss.

Always towards the covered end as my memory tells me