Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    As I raised previously in this thread, we can't have a cashless society when technology can fail and/or be hacked

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/83022/the-dangers-of-a-cashless-society/p1
  • Options
    Happened last month as well. Just a complete pain in the arse.
  • Options
    Ross said:

As I raised previously in this thread, we can't have a cashless society when technology can fail and/or be hacked

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/83022/the-dangers-of-a-cashless-society/p1

Exactly.

Back in June I got some petrol from a Sainsburys and for whatever reason you could not pay with VISA debit or credit cards.

You thus had the absurd scenario of customers queuing to pay only to be told that they needed to get cash from the machine outside so they had to queue again.

It wasn't a problem for me luckily on that occasion but plenty of people may have had insufficient cash in their accounts at that time because, not unreasonably, they were relying on being able to pay with their credit cards.

Just yesterday I couldn't log into my bank account (not Barclays or Nat West).

Why are we slaves to technology? We are turning into cyber lemmings.
  • Options
    The problem has been resolved.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45598292
  • Options
    On TV programmes when they have the gloomy room with all the screens and the computer geek it is invariably a young man of about 22 who knows how to do all the stuff.
    The trips is as hackneyed as the one in the past where black people were criminals and drug dealers, Asians all have corner shops, and Chinese all have take aways.
    The next TV darkened room computer geek ought to be a bearded old lady who self identifies as monosexual with pan sexual tendencies and only eats raw meat and broccoli.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

On TV programmes when they have the gloomy room with all the screens and the computer geek it is invariably a young man of about 22 who knows how to do all the stuff.
    The trips is as hackneyed as the one in the past where black people were criminals and drug dealers, Asians all have corner shops, and Chinese all have take aways.
    The next TV darkened room computer geek ought to be a bearded old lady who self identifies as monosexual with pan sexual tendencies and only eats raw meat and broccoli.

Surely she would need to be a vegan - no?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

Surely she would need to be a vegan - no?
    No, break away from the expected.