Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MERCURY PRIZE 2018

Wolf Alice win .. an interesting band

Comments

• Good god that shortlist was trash
  • Ha, Lily Allen crying at the awards & then tweeting that she was robbed.
  • The Mercury is a load of shit whose shortlist invariably rewards middle-of-the-road bilge while ignoring actually interesting music but Skepta winning a couple of years ago was a decent call. The only decent call in a very long time mind
  • Anyway if you want to rekindle memories of the greatest ever winner, there's a new Suede album out today, check it out
  • buckshee said:

Ha, Lily Allen crying at the awards & then tweeting that she was robbed.

Stupid annoying self centered bitch.
    You were quicker to comment than I expected :wink:
  • buckshee said:

Ha, Lily Allen crying at the awards & then tweeting that she was robbed.

Stupid annoying self centered bitch.
    Thats no way to talk about @Covered End they are a well respected poster on here
  • Leuth said:

The Mercury is a load of shit whose shortlist invariably rewards middle-of-the-road bilge while ignoring actually interesting music but Skepta winning a couple of years ago was a decent call. The only decent call in a very long time mind

Leuth. Look at list of winners, hardly middle of road.
    Apart from M People of course.
  • Just glad Florence and the Fucking Machine didn’t win.
  • Leuth said:

Anyway if you want to rekindle memories of the greatest ever winner, there's a new Suede album out today, check it out

As always, it’s excellent
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:

Anyway if you want to rekindle memories of the greatest ever winner, there's a new Suede album out today, check it out

The debut album is great but Dog Man Star is one of the best albums of the 90s.
  • Wolf Alice win .. an interesting band

Fantastic band that were already going places. They’re the next big thing for sure.

Fantastic band that were already going places. They’re the next big thing for sure.
    They/she don't do much for me.
  • Leuth said:

The debut album is great but Dog Man Star is one of the best albums of the 90s.
    No doubt a controversy, but Coming Up is my favourite album of theirs by some distance. Not a single duff track.

Back to the mercury's, I always like to give the shortlist a listen, often at least a few albums that I'll love
  • King Krule’s album has been on repeat in my house this year. He was never going to win though. Didn’t think Wolf Alice would win it, another terrific album.

They/she don't do much for me.
    I've listened to them, I get why they have a following and whilst I don't think their last album is a better album than the brilliant who built the moon I did really like it

Mercury music prize is a weird award anyway one year the shortlist is relatively commercial the next it's dominated by apex twin and portishead. Next thing you know Dizzee Rascal is che che cheddaring away with it after Roni Size went too listenable
  • Really not a fan of Wolf Alice's last album (Yuk-Foo is one of the worst songs of 2017 imo) , don't think it deserved to win but hey I see why people like it.

Should've been Everything Everything or King Krule for me out of the ones that were nominated.