Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

school trips/journeys

following on from the "what school did you attend" thread, what school trips/journeys do you remember.
i can recall
infant/junior school
cutty sark
mudchute city farm ******makes mental note to add goats to irrational hatred thread*******
eltham palace
westgate (week school journey)
tower of london
natural history museum

secondary school
boulogne (twice)
wembley stadium tour
inverleiver lodge
a few other odd days ice skating etc

Comments

• Options
    I can't really remember the day trips, only the ones where we stayed away:

Brighton 1979 (?) - missed us beating Chelsea 4-0 the day they tried to burn down the ground
    Florida at Easter 1981 - cost me a fortune phoning home to find out our scores!
    (Chis & Sid did some good school trips in those days!!)
  • Options
    come on you must have done a week in the Isle of Wight in the last year of primary? or was that just my school.?
  • Options
    never did a trip away with school.

only day ones i can remember were walking around Dorking Hills, a power plant on the South Coast, and Chiswick House. Unfortunately our year got banned from outings for two years so missed out a bit.
  • Options
    ones i can remember for secondary was boulogne for a week and two years on the trot skiing in Italy, we begged to go back to the same place as all the men were handsome.
  • Options
    Trips:
    Isle of Wight last year of primary
    France twice to Dunkirk in year 7 and 12
    Israel in year 10

too many trips to remember!
  • Options
    Went to Avon Tyrll in the New Forest with my Primary school and Inverliever Lodge with the secondary school. Also had a sports trip to Romania to play Basketball, and skiing trips to Bulgaria and Italy with the secondary school
  • Options
    Camping a few times. That was it!
  • Options
    primary school

Isle of wight
    science museum
    natural history museum
    wembley for england v argentina
    various discount theatre trips

secondary school
    david evans silk factory crayford
    cray river by hall place
    dusseldorf german exchange
    france day trip
    france french exchange, can't remember where
    italy, rio di jeselo for a week cooking with a day visit to venice
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]david evans silk factory crayford
    cray river by hall place
    Brilliant!
  • Options
    that was morning by the river and afternoon in the silk facory for geography field trip. litmuss paper in the cray river! a mate fell in and had to go home thus missing the silk factory bit!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't remember going far at Primary School.

Dartford Museum probably and Stone Lodge Farm

At Secondary did the usual france day trips plus Science Museum and an outdoorsy week in Devon
    Then a trip to Wales staying in an old church in a village containg three pubs and a general store that sold alcohol (and not much else) when the pubs were shut.
  • Options
    Le touget (sp) in France in primary school, Horimans Museum at least twice, Science Museum as well, somewhere in sussex with cows that was tedious (add the countryside to irrational hatredS)

Kids in Greenwich and Bromley still go the Isle of Wight. year 6s from Joe's School are going next week.

My son decided he wanted which secondary school he wants on the basis that that school has a trip to Prague. Not going to happen. he can go to the C of E school and have a trip to Walsingham.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]Dartford Museum probably and Stone Lodge Farm

Which school did you go to? Dartford Museum is quite possibly the smallest place ever!

I used to love Stone Lodge Farm, watching the cows getting milked and the pigs were brilliant.

Shame now though, the site is so derilict and is often covered with people on motocross bikes and the like. What a great little place.
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Blimey...good question:

At infant's:
    Crystal Palace Park (god help us all)
    Stone Lodge Farm

Juniors:
    Ightam Moat and some small olde-worldy museum on the same day
    Tenderden to see the Steam Railway
    The Commonwealth Institute (somewhere up near Kensington if I remember rightly)

Secondary:
    A day trip to Boulogne
    The open air theatre at Regents Park to see A Midsummer's Night Dream
    A trip to Box Hill in Dorking for a Geography trip (walked flippin' miles that day)
    A trip to The Barbican to see Hamlet, starring Kenneth Brannagh and Emma Thompson (absolutely fantastic)
    A trip to Stratford-upon-avon
    A trip to Tunbrudge Wells and Eastbourne/Brighton (for Geography)
    An Economics trip to the new Docklands development, followed by Lloyds of London and the Bank of England (it was 1991-1992 at the time)
    A trip to Kingsnorth Power Station
    A trip to Chiswick House... something to do with History...

There's probably lots more but they are the ones I can remember...
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    At Primary school we did trips to the Greenwich Foot Tunnnel, The Horniman and Imperial War Museums.
    I went on a 2, yes TWO week School Journey to Swanage in late April/early May 1976 while at Primary school.We watched Southampton beat Man Utd in the FA Cup Final on the hotel's telly.
    Also watched West Ham in the final of the European Cup Winners Cup final. It went to ET and we were sent to bed! We listned on trannies. I seem to remember WHU missing a pen.
    At secondary school remember "Field Trips" to Lullingstone and Colchester.
    In '77 and '80 went to Inverliever Lodge in Scotland. Without doubt the West coast of Scotland is the most amazing countryside and landscape I have ever seen, and I have done the Rockies and the Alps.
    In '82 went ski-ing to Italy and lost my cherry!
    1983 went camping to Winchelsea - great booze up amd great fun.
    They are my school journey memories.
    My two lads primary school take them to Wrotham in Year 5 and Wales in year 6.
    My eldest, now at senior school, goes to Barcelona with the school football team this Oct -He'll be year 8 by then, he went to London Zoo today!
  • Options
    Swanage,Isle of White and Dinard in France
  • Options
    Port Lymne zoo (spelling?!)

My mate Luke, who a few on here know ended up getting pissed on by a gorilla. He kept teasing it by offering his rolls and then eating them. The next thing you know the monkey raised his arms, member flicked up and sprayed Luke with the most rotten smelling fluid ever. It was about an hour after we'd got there too.

Somewhere in North Wales 1996. Great time, got smashed all week went up Snowdon and all that jazz. School ended up getting barred from going back for some reason.

Camping somewhere near Eastbourne 1995. Again, great fun. Drank snakebite, got bitten by ants, burnt lots of food.

Do lads holidays count as school trips?? They are educational
  • Options
    only did a few, they were always reluctant to let me go on many trips, i used to fuck about something rotten!

In primary i went to wrotham, and swanage twice!

The only thing Poly let me do is go on a trip to Lillishall as i excelled in PE! Which was indeed excellent. But thats the only school trip i did at secondary! knobs
  • Options
    Our history teacher arranged with the headmaster that our class would take a day trip to Leeds Castle in Kent. Imagine our delight when, on the day in question, the coach drove straight to Dreamland in Margate and we spent the whole day there. The teacher even gave everybody money so they could afford to go on all the rides. Could never happen now, of course, as he would be fired for not completing a correct Health & Safety Risk Assessment. Life was so much better back then!!
  • Options
    Stone Lodge Farm - bit of a swizz as it was only 5 minutes down the road
    Calais and Boulogne - ended up drunk on cheapo wine on both occasions
    Castles in Kent - including Deal, Walmer, Dover and Sandwich
    The Orchard Theatre - saw a play called Daisy Pulls it Off!!!
    A theatre in London (can't remember which) - saw To Kill a Mockingbird
    Museum of London - some girl lost her contact lens and had us all looking around for it

My Dad ended up driving so many school trips from London to the Isle of Wight that he ended up moving there. Still does the school trips now, just drives up from the island and collects them, rather than from Kent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sayers Croft and that place up in Scotland where all schools go to.
  • Options
    Best trip ever was Austria skiing, highlight was deffinately going up a lift with my friend Bones and all the locals staring/pointing/laughing at him, obviously don't get many black people out there.
  • Options
    probably don't know too many people called Bones either
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]probably don't know too many people called Bones either

i no two people called bones, and one of them is Mortain! the other is a fella i used to wwork with when i was 17!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]following on from the "what school did you attend" thread, what school trips/journeys do you remember.
    i can recall
    infant/junior school
    cutty sark
    mudchute city farm ******makes mental note to add goats to irrational hatred thread*******
    eltham palace
    westgate (week school journey)
    tower of london
    natural history museum

secondary school
    boulogne (twice)
    wembley stadium tour
    inverleiver lodge
    a few other odd days ice skating etc

You didn't come to Salou or Malta then - oh what fun they were. Salou - Mark Fiore (later to turn pro with Wimbledon and Plymouth) was so hungover from drinking he was puking in a pint glass in a restaurant where we were "representing" the school - and we caused absolute havoc in the hotel trying to hide our beer. Great trip at 15 really was.