Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2019

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2019
    have just bought it, whats the touch version like is it the same without out tactics or and training so a bit closer to the old champ manager games?
  • Options

How do you guys get through so many seasons so quickly? Seems to take forever for me ? Should I be doing something different?

I’m still only on season 4 of 2018
  • Options

How do you guys get through so many seasons so quickly? Seems to take forever for me ? Should I be doing something different?

Depends how you want to play really. My favourite aspects of the game are squad building and coming up with a tactic that I enjoy using, so I tend to blitz through the games and spend most of my actual playing time scouting and planning signings. I've never really bought into the match engine being any good or worth watching, so I tend to turn that off and just have commentary on fast and then normal speed replays on goals. You can't actually see that much on the match engine that needs tweaking anyway and as much fun as it is convincing yourself that you've spotted their left back showing too much space to be exploited down the wing by watching tiny stick figures running around, you can get the same information from stats, assistant advice and match context anyway. Things go a hell of a lot faster if you do that but it's not everyone's cup of tea, I'd guess the majority watch the matches playing out in front of them. I also tend to play on my laptop while I'm doing something else like watching TV or cooking and hammering the space bar a lot so that speeds it along as well.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I'm in the year 2027 , i've got Charlton up to the Premier league, relocated to a new stadium (45,000 capacity) and renamed it 'The New Valley' which i've now got up to 60,000

Got to the Carabao cup final and the Fa cup final in the same season ( lost both).

Have got out of the group stage of the champions league and finished 2nd in the Premier league , losing to Man United on the last day of the season ( they won the title).

Wages and transfer fees for average players is ridiculous, if wages and transfer values are true to life , in real life Charlton will never get to the top table again without seriously massive investment.
  • Options

Got it over the Christmas period. Gegenpressing is ludicrous, absolutely ludicrous. Started as Charlton with no money. First thing I did was sell Sarr to get him off the wage bill and replaced him with Milan Milanovic on a free, who only wants about £775 a week. Karlan is insanely good in the this version so I've been playing a flatish 4-4-2 with pressing tactics. Got taken over early on by some English no-marks who didn't change the finances at all. They wanted to replace me with Simon Grayson but I won every game between the takeover and them making their decision so I kept my job. Won the league at a canter and even got to the semis of the FA Cup (went out to Tottenham 6-3. 2-2 at HT then Son scored four times in 8 minutes. I don't want to talk about it.) Aribo was L1 player of the year and scored something insane like 14 goals as a deep-lying playmaker. Sold off all the players whose contracts were due to expire at the end of the season for a bit of cash and a reduced wage budget in January (Bauer, Igor, Ajose, none of them first 11 worthy, all of them overpaid, plus Fosu because he couldn't play in my formation and he was a dick about it) and got in loans (Ampadu, great) and frees to cover the gaps, including Darren Bent for my own amusement. Managed to get Aribo and Grant to sign new deals on the basis that they'd get a massive wage rise every year that I couldn't afford and higher division club minimum release fees knowing I'd lose them via sales anyway.

Went into the start of the Championship season with £195k as a transfer budget and a lot of fear, but sold Grant for £7.5m to Wolves (Sunderland bid £9.25m but he told them to swivel, the jerk) and Aribo to newly-Prem promoted Blackburn for £5.25m and that solved all my money troubles. Signed a load of frees and loans for either no contribution or very small percentages (Jay Dasilva, Axel Tuanzebe, Kasey Palmer, Dominic Calvert-Lewin), spent £1m on fees and I'm pissing the Championship as well. Thinking of changing the way I play to something else just because it's a bit too easy at the moment, we shouldn't be this good. I imagine they'll re-balance gegenpressing soon though.

What formation and tactics do you use
    I 442 diamond, very similar to gengenpress, 9th season, have a chance to win the prem and got CL semi's last year.

Hakan on a free transfer changed my file totally.
  • Options
    Was at Charlton but when I realised there was no money to renew deals I put my resignation for effect end of the season. Got them to the plays offs after taking over when 16th but lost out to Luton.

Left and got the job at Hull. Had some decent money and sold Grosicki. Bought KAG who is on fire and some guy from Brentford (Dane) who is decent.

Went in there apparently to keep them up and am sitting 2nd in December.

Couple of more back up signings and could see promotion!
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    In football manager handheld / touch is it possible to postpone matches due to international call ups? Keep having to play without 5 or 6 players
  • Options
    Seeing his picture on another thread just reminded me. Did anyone else notice Thomas Driesen is still listed as a scout at the start of the game? I just about fell out of my chair when his contract came up as expiring at the end of the season. And the bastard was on £1,500 per week. That's about more than Phillips and Grant combined!
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    how are people using Grant and Taylor together as both are advanced forwards?
  • Options

I didn't play my Charlton season for very long but when playing a 4-4-2 with them two I'd have Grant as the Advanced forward and possibly have Taylor as a deep lying forward on support. With player roles It's important not just to use the ones the game recommends playing them as, it all depends on your style of play and their individual attributes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Play both as advanced forwards. I’m at January and Taylor’s got 18 goals and Grant 16
  • Options

Nothing wrong with playing 2 advanced forwards
  • Options

The whole familiarity with position thing is a bit of a red herring in the game I find. I played them both as pressing forwards all season in L1 and they got 20 and 23 goals each. As long as your overall tactic is sound and the roles fit with the way you're playing then them being perfect for the role itself is less important.
  • Options
    Started a career on my phone as Barcelona manager.

1st season spent most of my money on Azpi and Pogba, eased to La Liga and Super Cup wins, early defeats in Spanish Cup and Champions League.

Charlton won the league
    Palace relegated
    Millwall stayed up

Halfway through 2nd season, spent my budget on Kane £190M but did a great deal IMO £20m and Paulinho for Koulibaly

Charlton sold Grant to Wednesday for £10M and sit 17th, Palace sit 9th and somehow Millwall are top.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    So I ended up winning Super Cup, La Liga, Spanish Cup and Champions League(after beating PSG on pens)

Charlton finished 20th and Millwall finished 2nd.

Played the following season and Messi and Suarez would not enter contract talks so I knew I was losing them so spent my budgeg on Jesus this time

Again won Super Cup, La Liga again by over 10 points and won Champions League(Again on pens) also won World Club Championship and Euro Super Cup Millwall finished 20th in Prem and Charlton 19th in Championship.

Messi went to Vitesse on free
    Suarez went to Burnley on free
  • Options
    Hull on mine. Built a decent team and have KAG leading the line! Made the play off final and lost 4-3 to Cardiff...they had 4 shots on target and i battered them all game, which annoyed me no end.
    New season is looking like play offs after 14 game unbeaten streak! Forms in and out so expecting more play off heartbreak!
  • Options
    Shades of Ebbsfleet United yet in France this time...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46309834
  • Options
    Winter update was released in Saturday for PC

Finally today the Mobile version has been updated
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Definitely finding this years game easier than previous versions. Currently in my 3rd season with Charlton after back to back promotions.

13th in the PL with 21 points from our first 19 games. 6 clear of danger.
  • Options
    How realistic is it? I get one ever year but was put of by people's comments earlier on. Now we about 5 months in is it definetly worth downloading and playing? Need to do something useful whilst I recover after mr right hip replacement soon. 
  • Options
    Started new game with update FM are usually pretty good with wages but they reckon we are paying Jonny Williams 15k

I doubt Roland is forking that much for him haha.

Albie Morgan valued at £2M

Wassim Aouachria has made the update along with a few other young players i have never heard off under 18s I Guess

Oh and Karlan is Valued £10M at Hudd
  • Options
    Interestingly when you start a new game there are 5 managerless clubs

Man Utd
    Fulham
    Bradford
    Luton
    Ireland
  • Options
    The new tactics creator has made the game to easy
  • Options
    Update for FMM19 is very realistic.

Just finished the friendlies and so far picked up 4 injuries

Umerah(out on loan) 6 months out
    Williams 2 months out
    Morgan 2 months out
    Lapslie 1 month out
  • Options
    Bielik now out for a month as well
  • Options
    I'd suggest tweaking your  training.
  • Options
    I've tried all sorts but get plenty of injuries no matter what I try. Currently in January in my third season but:

Grant - about 2 weeks away from coming back from 3 months out
    Aribo - week away from returning after 4 months out
    Andrade - Injured in August, out for the season
    Sierhuis - Injured in August, out for the season
    Knudsen - Injured in first game of season, just started light training
    Pearce - Injured in September, out till March
    Morgan - Injured in September, out till February