Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Car Washes

2»

Comments

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:

I don’t like anyone else cleaning my car. I appreciate most people are not like me but I do enjoy cleaning a car.
    It’s worth knowing that a lot of these pop up car washes use some pretty cheap and nasty alloy wheel cleaning that will strip the lacquer from them. I bet none of them use Bilt Hamber.

We are brothers (although I prefer Billberry on my wheels).
    Dodo juice do a brilliant wheel cleaner and ph neutral soap that paired with a lambswool mitt just glides over paintwork
  • Options
    Carter said:

Rob7Lee said:

I don’t like anyone else cleaning my car. I appreciate most people are not like me but I do enjoy cleaning a car.
    It’s worth knowing that a lot of these pop up car washes use some pretty cheap and nasty alloy wheel cleaning that will strip the lacquer from them. I bet none of them use Bilt Hamber.

Dodo juice do a brilliant wheel cleaner and ph neutral soap that paired with a lambswool mitt just glides over paintwork
    This couldn't be more timely, DPD has just dropped off a massive box from www.cleanyourcar.co.uk ready for my new (to me) car thats arriving tomorrow.

Is that mellow yellow wheel cleaner? I quite liked that, but found it expensive. Billberry a 5l bottle is £26 and I water it down in two bottles, 5-1 and 10-1 so lasts about a year (of weekly washing 2-5 cars) whereas the DODO was over £10 for 500ml already diluted.

My wife already moaning that in the delivery were 2 towels for drying the car and she reckons they are better than our bathroom ones :smiley:
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Carter said:

Rob7Lee said:

This couldn't be more timely, DPD has just dropped off a massive box from www.cleanyourcar.co.uk ready for my new (to me) car thats arriving tomorrow.

Is that mellow yellow wheel cleaner? I quite liked that, but found it expensive. Billberry a 5l bottle is £26 and I water it down in two bottles, 5-1 and 10-1 so lasts about a year (of weekly washing 2-5 cars) whereas the DODO was over £10 for 500ml already diluted.

My wife already moaning that in the delivery were 2 towels for drying the car and she reckons they are better than our bathroom ones :smiley:
    The Dodo juice stuff is dear but worth it. If I was washing as many cars as you though it would be impractical

Poor boys also do some nice gear. Bilt hambler wheel stuff is decent
  • Options
    Carter said:

Rob7Lee said:

Carter said:

Rob7Lee said:

The Dodo juice stuff is dear but worth it. If I was washing as many cars as you though it would be impractical

Poor boys also do some nice gear. Bilt hambler wheel stuff is decent
    I like Bilt Hamber but it smells awful. Good stuff though.
  • Options
    The dodo juice smells beautiful
  • Options
    Bilt Hamber Auto Wash and Auto Foam are brilliant.

Need to do my winter protection this weekend. Couple coats of Collinite 467S and some G Techniq G5 on the glass. Top ups with Gyeon Wet Coat throughout winter will see me through.
  • Options
    I understand spending that much cleaning your Porsche Cayenne but not sure would spend that on my 2015 Qashqai
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I understand spending that much cleaning your Porsche Cayenne but not sure would spend that on my 2015 Qashqai

I won't tell you how much the retail was on one of the waxes!!

I've always been like this, from about age 11 all I wanted was a car, so even when I bought £200 old bangers they were the cleanest/mintest £200 old bangers.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I didn't dare wash my fist car as I suspected the dirt was the only thing keeping it together. One of the biggest mysteries to me that was somebody stole it! Saved me the hassle of getting rid of it. I was dreading a call from the police to say they had found it. I presume it was stolen for the parts.
  • Options

I didn't dare wash my fist car as I suspected the dirt was the only thing keeping it together. One of the biggest mysteries to me that was somebody stole it! Saved me the hassle of getting rid of it. I was dreading a call from the police to say they had found it. I presume it was stolen for the parts.

I had a car stolen once, that was also unsellable. I'd left it at the pub and got a phone call from one of the girls in tears pretty much telling me the car had gone. I would leave the keys with them and they swore blind nobody had taken them (They hadn't). In case it was mates playing funny buggers I didn't report it immediately.

The police beat me to it, they'd recovered it and it had had the ignition barrel ripped out apart from that nothing the matter.

Bollocks!

I literally could not give that car away and ended up scrapping it and had a photo taken sat upon the crushed up cube it became.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Don’t understand people’s love affairs with their cars. It’s a functional piece of metal that serves a specific functional role. Certainly I prefer my car clean inside and out. I’m not a shit kicker but don’t get the precious lavishing of expensive treatments on what is essentially a lump of metal. We don’t have the same consideration for the contents of our knife draw or on our lawnmower but some people go berserk at the suggestion of getting a swirl on their paintwork. I can’t get my head around it but each to their own.

I could have made this post myself.
    I would far rather spend my money on my house or decent holidays than on a car.
    But each to their own as they say.
  • Options
    It was the way I was brought up. It doesn’t matter to me if it’s a car or a cactus I will look after it. If you have paid anything or nothing I can’t see the point of letting it go.
  • Options

Don’t understand people’s love affairs with their cars. It’s a functional piece of metal that serves a specific functional role. Certainly I prefer my car clean inside and out. I’m not a shit kicker but don’t get the precious lavishing of expensive treatments on what is essentially a lump of metal. We don’t have the same consideration for the contents of our knife draw or on our lawnmower but some people go berserk at the suggestion of getting a swirl on their paintwork. I can’t get my head around it but each to their own.

I only spent 5 hours on it today, a few more tomorrow.

I actually find cleaning a car quite therapeutic/relaxing.
  • Options

Always rated the one at Downham if you're ever over that way.

Used to be
  • Options
    I find it very calming and therapeutic cleaning my motor. Gets me all zen till I see little scratch marks or dings that wasn’t there previously.... then I’m one angry c*^t!!
  • Options

My kitchen knives are my prized possesions and are probably my most expensive possesion, zi love looking after them.
  • Options

My kitchen knives are my prized possesions and are probably my most expensive possesion, zi love looking after them.
    What make are they @Stu_of_Kunming ?
  • Options

the one near our village is very good. Ok I pay £20 for inside and out but they do a very good job plus there is a café on site so you can read the papers and have a coffee whilst it's being done. Get's very busy though so sometimes can be in a queue of six or seven waiting to be done.

Is it a secret?
    no, its just miles away from S.E London.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Wusthof and Zwilling.

I hope to never have to buy a set of knives again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Wusthof and Zwilling.

We've been looking at a Victorinox sets. Mid range, but a few people have recommended them
  • Options

Wusthof and Zwilling.

We've been looking at a Victorinox sets. Mid range, but a few people have recommended them
    If you spend a lot of time in the kitchen they are well worth the investment. Chinese food generally involves a ton of chopping, I couldn't do without em now.
  • Options

I could have made this post myself.
    I would far rather spend my money on my house or decent holidays than on a car.
    But each to their own as they say.
    I think you are happiest when you have a car that is nice but where a mark or dent is not the end of the world. It is like a phone. Having a really expensive one is nice but is it worth the upset and fear of losing it/breaking it?