Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Shot my pants watching that!

Reckon the cyclist had a fair old package in the back of his lycras.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    It was a good effort though :smile:

Obviously, I wouldn't joke if he had come to harm, although he may well be claiming PTSD at this very moment.
  • Options
    Christ, he was lucky.
  • Options
    Bloody hell, that’s scary.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Whoever is responsible for that has to be sacked and wouldn't blame the cyclist for trying to sue.
  • Options

Why didn't they close the road?
  • Options
    Nearly took her eye out
  • Options
    Things like this are exactly why utility companies have to set up idiot proof roadworks guarding. People are so used to roadworks set ups they (including the morons cutting the tree down) forget how dangerous sites like this are.

So lucky nobody wasn't hurt, they didn't even need to close the road just guard the correct amount of road to allow for that fucking massive lump of wood to fall into
  • Options
    that is absolutely shocking. Workman should he sacked on the spot. Cyclist would have prob been killed & the council sued for millions.

Even a back street tree-feller would have had at least a look out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Someone would of have to stump up a load of cash.
  • Options
    Bloody cyclists thinking they rule the road
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Christ, that was what you call a close call......perfectly understandable if the cyclist is suffering after shock of some kind.
  • Options

that is absolutely shocking. Workman should he sacked on the spot. Cyclist would have prob been killed & the council sued for millions.

Even a back street tree-feller would have had at least a look out.

I once had a promising career as a tree surgeon but couldn't stand the sight of sap.

Sorry
  • Options
    Brain dead. The 'Tree Surgeon' who did that. Not only the cyclist but could have hit any of the cars that had just gone by. Unbelievably incompetent.
  • Options

Ealing tree fall: Moment pedestrians are almost hit

Dashcam footage from Andrew Thomas has been viewed more than 250,000 times on Twitter after a falling tree nearly collapsed on pedestrians in Ealing.

The witnesses, Mr Thomas and Joanna Wolman, called the Metropolitan Police and Ealing Council have been contacted after the tree fell on Sunday.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-london-53310089/ealing-tree-fall-moment-pedestrians-are-almost-hit
  • Options
    Reminds me of the time the back of a goal net had a near miss when Josh Parker almost hit it.