Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Meghan [Duchess of Sussex] expecting baby

2»

Comments

• Options

I’m not overly Royalist, no mugs .

Ahem...

china commemorative mugs ... made in China ?
  • Options
    Why won't Harry's children automatically be a Prince or Princess yet Andrew's daughters are Princesses? Aren't Andrew and Harry in comparable postions other than Andrew's mother was monarch when his daughters were born where as Charles is not (yet)?
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Why won't Harry's children automatically be a Prince or Princess yet Andrew's daughters are Princesses? Aren't Andrew and Harry in comparable postions other than Andrew's mother was monarch when his daughters were born where as Charles is not (yet)?

Andrews daughters are grandchildren of the reigning monarch, Harry's will be great grandchildren. Only William's first would be "entitled" to be a prince but HRM made a special decree.

And the worst of all that blather is I am not pro monarchy but live with a girlfriend who is crazy about all that stuff!
  • Options
    I think it's something to do with who is the Grandfather.................not sure though.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Andrews daughters are grandchildren of the reigning monarch, Harry's will be great grandchildren. Only William's first would be "entitled" to be a prince but HRM made a special decree.

And the worst of all that blather is I am not pro monarchy but live with a girlfriend who is crazy about all that stuff!
    But Harry's children will be grandchildren of the monarch at some stage (in all probabilty) just not when they are born
  • Options
    Daggs said:

I think it's something to do with who is the Grandfather.................not sure though.

Think its more to do with Prince Andrew's ego. The children of Anne, Edward and for that matter Margaret aren't Princes/Princesses
  • Options

I believe the titles were part of the parents divorce deal with the regime.
  • Options
    I've just read this - Besides, once the Prince of Wales becomes King the child will automatically be upgraded to HRH by dint of being the grandchild of a reigning sovereign. So royal status is not being denied. It is merely deferred.
  • Options
    Well I'll dip my monarch in the mustard jar if this baby isn't born on Brexit day...29th March. We will all forget it as news of the little baby is all over the front pages, leaving the Brexit story to linger on page 27 in a small font and wearing a fake moustache.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I believe the titles were part of the parents divorce deal with the regime.
    FFS leave Duchatelet out of this.
  • Options

Will the baby be the first mixed race person with blue blood? A good thing if so.

The first mixed race royal couple were Victoria and Albert ?

Victoria went in for the marathon,
    Albert didn't hang around, he was a sprinter.
  • Options
    It doesn't matter really, when Labour get in Jeremy will replace them with a bunch of Corbinistas.
  • Options
    I hope she has a good pregnancy and hopefully no more media coverage.
  • Options
    I'm neither pro or anti, I just wish the extended royals would pay for their own weddings etc... That's Eugenie etc btw.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I'm neither pro or anti, I just wish the extended royals would pay for their own weddings etc... That's Eugenie etc btw.

She did pay for her own wedding, the police cost is because of who she invited (her family).
  • Options
    I’m a republican and just can’t get my head around “a royal family” but I wish her and her pregnancy well.
  • Options

Will the baby be the first mixed race person with blue blood? A good thing if so.

The first mixed race royal couple were Victoria and Albert ?

Victoria went in for the marathon,
    Albert didn't hang around, he was a sprinter.
    That's men all over.
  • Options

I hope she has a good pregnancy and hopefully no more media coverage.

Or pregnancies.
  • Options
    Halix said:

It doesn't matter really, when Labour get in Jeremy will replace them with a bunch of Corbinistas.

Oh that would be great. I would definitely get together a street party for that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Your wish came true before you even made it, magical。
  • Options

Halix said:

Oh that would be great. I would definitely get together a street party for that.
    Fucking hell, that’ll be a fun one.
  • Options

Halix said:

They won’t be dancing in the streets of Golders Green
  • Options

Halix said:

They won’t be dancing in the streets of Golders Green
    Or Stamford Hill
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I think it is a good thing because this is a diverse country and sadly some don't appreciate the benefits of that, but anything that makes the royal family better reflect the country the better.