Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

EFL reveal 50,000 domestic streams of matches via iFollow

Comments

• Options
    It costs less than ten quid to watch a match on Now TV.

What a bunch of fucking charlatans.
  • Options
    Gillis said:

ross1 said:
    "League One pair Accrington Stanley and Charlton Athletic and League Two Forest Green Rovers do not stream their matches online."

What illustrious company we keep these days
    Good decision from us and I for one am glad the club has taken this stance. Streaming 3pm KOs will kill off lower league football.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Gillis said:

ross1 said:
    "League One pair Accrington Stanley and Charlton Athletic and League Two Forest Green Rovers do not stream their matches online."

Good decision from us and I for one am glad the club has taken this stance. Streaming 3pm KOs will kill off lower league football.
    Ultimately though you can just use the oppositions stream.
  • Options
    Can you signup and just watch anyone ricky? Or are you just restricted to 'your' team.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Croydon said:

Gillis said:

ross1 said:

Ultimately though you can just use the oppositions stream.
    True. But hopefully with the FA blocking the streaming site that La Liga is in bed with, the EFL will see some sense and block iFollow too. I'm aware that this requires the EFL to do something sensible, so won't happen.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Gillis said:

ross1 said:

Roland will kill us off 1st
  • Options
    ColinTat said:

Can you signup and just watch anyone ricky? Or are you just restricted to 'your' team.

Yes mate - you just sign up once and can log in to any team that used it.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Gillis said:

ross1 said:

3pm games are only streamed outside of the UK, technically.
  • Options
    I'd love to know the stats of those watching abroad and whether they're actually watching abroad

Of course they wont be able to find out that data but bet that would show attendances are being impacted on a Saturday afternoon (especially for the likes of Accrington)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'd love to know the stats of those watching abroad and whether they're actually watching abroad

Of course they wont be able to find out that data but bet that would show attendances are being impacted on a Saturday afternoon (especially for the likes of Accrington)

If they really wanted to know, they could find out, VPNs can be detected and blocked, as iPlayer regularly proves, however, I imagine just like Netflix, iFollow are quite happy to turn a blind eye as it increases their income.
  • Options

If they really wanted to know, they could find out, VPNs can be detected and blocked, as iPlayer regularly proves, however, I imagine just like Netflix, iFollow are quite happy to turn a blind eye as it increases their income.
    They mention that the majority of streams are over 25miles away from the ground. So there must be a tracker and stats available
  • Options

They mention that the majority of streams are over 25miles away from the ground. So there must be a tracker and stats available
    Yeah cos the majority will probably be away fans who dont want to lose a whole day and £50 minimum getting to a Ground
  • Options

Those stats may be wrong though, if AFKA looked at where I'm posting from right now, it would show me in the US, which is 100% not the case.
  • Options
    Quote "Games streamed on iFollow are also available via Sky Sports" unquote

Was aware that mid week Championship games are on the red button, but not league one or two as far as I'm aware?
  • Options
    last_line said:

Quote "Games streamed on iFollow are also available via Sky Sports" unquote

Was aware that mid week Championship games are on the red button, but not league one or two as far as I'm aware?

Yeah thats correct...
  • Options
    No mention of VPNs. I mean they can't know the numbers, that is the point of VPNs but to not acknowledge it must be happening.
  • Options

No mention of VPNs. I mean they can't know the numbers, that is the point of VPNs but to not acknowledge it must be happening.

If they wanted to know, they could, I imagine it suits them to turn a blind eye though.
  • Options
    I’d happily pay the same price as a matchday ticket to watch our games on valley pass.As I live in Sheffield I’d save on the commute. Think in Italy the top division sides all have to have tv or streaming service.