Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When fit, where does Clarke fit back in?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I think we'd be bad to drop both Ward / Clarke (one of them plays for me) and Reeves... Our formation crys out for creativity - Something clearly missing for the first few weeks of the season and if two of them are taken out the midfield then we risk returning to the performances against Peterborough where the effort is there but end product isnt.

Best squad for me is:

Steer (If playing like Saturday)
    Solly | Bauer | Pearce | Page
    Aribo | Cullen | Reeves
    Ward
    Grant | Taylor

It leaves Fosu and Clarke to fight it out with Ward and Reeves as feels like Aribo is the engine in the team, whereas Cullen is the creative player who sits in front of the defence and gets the attacks moving with the occasional hollywood pass like his assist against Bradford

Leaves a starting Ward and Cullen to feed Grant and Taylor whilst Fosu can then come off the bench to run at a tiring Defence - Ultimately those top of the diamond players though (Clarke | Ward | Fosu) should play depending on the opposition though, if its an opponent that'll be terrified of Fosu's pace (like up at Fleetwood last season) then play him, if its someone that stands off and demands that we play the ball around them (Coventry the other week), then we have to go for Ward or Clarke
  • Options

I think we'd be bad to drop both Ward / Clarke (one of them plays for me) and Reeves... Our formation crys out for creativity - Something clearly missing for the first few weeks of the season and if two of them are taken out the midfield then we risk returning to the performances against Peterborough where the effort is there but end product isnt.

Best squad for me is:

Aribo | Cullen | Reeves
    Ward
    Grant | Taylor

It leaves Fosu and Clarke to fight it out with Ward and Reeves as feels like Aribo is the engine in the team, whereas Cullen is the creative player who sits in front of the defence and gets the attacks moving with the occasional hollywood pass like his assist against Bradford

Leaves a starting Ward and Cullen to feed Grant and Taylor whilst Fosu can then come off the bench to run at a tiring Defence - Ultimately those top of the diamond players though (Clarke | Ward | Fosu) should play depending on the opposition though, if its an opponent that'll be terrified of Fosu's pace (like up at Fleetwood last season) then play him, if its someone that stands off and demands that we play the ball around them (Coventry the other week), then we have to go for Ward or Clarke

No Bielik -For me he is one of the first names on the list to play
  • Options
    Let's hope we get to a stage where the whole midfields fit and available.
    I don't think we have a best midfield when all are available, do we need one.
    What a choice we will have , whether reeves starts or Clarke , ward or fosu the strength coming off the bench will be strong.
    When aribos f@cked after the 1st half bowyer can turn round and say you've done your bit today he won't have to play the full 90mins.
    We will be able to rotate this midfield if we like, a squad midfield who have been a match for anyone we've played so far this season.
  • Options

Best squad for me is:

Aribo | Cullen | Reeves
    Ward
    Grant | Taylor

It shows the difficulty of Lee's job at the moment as agree Bielik is a great player, shouldnt be down in League One as seen by the way he took the ball into Barnsley's half a few times on Saturday; as a defender I think Patrick Bauer is slightly better though and think Cullen's passing ability just gets him ahead in the Midfield

Its a long season though and sadly all players will get a chance as tiredness and fixture congestion take their toll - think it speaks volumes at the moment that Lapslie is getting cameos from the bench ahead of Pratley
  • Options

Best squad for me is:

Aribo | Cullen | Reeves
    Ward
    Grant | Taylor

It shows the difficulty of Lee's job at the moment as agree Bielik is a great player, shouldnt be down in League One as seen by the way he took the ball into Barnsley's half a few times on Saturday; as a defender I think Patrick Bauer is slightly better though and think Cullen's passing ability just gets him ahead in the Midfield

Its a long season though and sadly all players will get a chance as tiredness and fixture congestion take their toll - think it speaks volumes at the moment that Lapslie is getting cameos from the bench ahead of Pratley
    Agree with Pearce and Bauer but Inwould have Bielik playing in front of them - he has enough ability to start things from the back and play the ball out
  • Options

Scoham said:

4-2-3-1? Move Taylor up front and change that midfield to a diamond.

Yeah, I feel like Taylor seems to play left wing a lot anyway and seems to prefer running down that left flank, Grant has been a brilliant front man chasing the ball down and pressuring centre back. Basically we have a lot of good midfielders and it's hard to leave any out so I have opted for a formation that would get the best of our bunch in imo.
    I think there's a big difference between a striker drifting out wide or having to stick the left where he'd be expected to track back as part of a 5 man midfield.

One of the things I like about Taylor and Grant is that either player is able to drop deep, move wide or run in behind, it's what makes them so dangerous. We rarely get that in one striker, nevermind both. Switching to having one lone striker would mean losing some of that.
  • Options

Best squad for me is:

Aribo | Cullen | Reeves
    Ward
    Grant | Taylor

Agree with Pearce and Bauer but Inwould have Bielik playing in front of them - he has enough ability to start things from the back and play the ball out
    Would you then have the top of the diamond between: Ward | Clarke | Fosu, have the base of the diamond between Bielik | Cullen and then when Krystian plays at the base, have the flanks between: Cullen | Aribo | Reeves | Lapslie
  • Options
    One thing is for sure - we need quality players available as injuries and suspensions happen.