Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Oxford | Tue 23 Oct | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options

For those with a 4-0 score prediction, take heart. We beat them by that score in a League Cup game at home in 2013.

We'd never lost a home League game to them in the entirety of history until Tubby McShit-tactics Talk Bollocks turned up.
  • Options

I hope we don't boo Robbo - would be good if we could show a bit of quality tomorrow. He did bring in some decent players, even if his tactics were too inflexible.

yeah, like Dodoo, Kaikai & Zyro when Bowyer brought in no-hopers like Cullen, Ward & Bielik.

sitting towards the tunnel in the Upper North tomorrow......looking forward to giving KR some verbals.
    Yes, yes, yes.
  • Options

I think we should not boo or abuse Robinson. Sneering has a great way of returning itself to the sneerer.

No, no, no. I'll be booing him from the moment I wake up tomorrow morning. In fact, I'm going to start tonight. Don't want the deluded knob end thinking that he's some sort of fan's hero.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    This the sort of fixture we have always excelled at... <----- Sarcasm right here.

We will lose in a cacophony of humiliating self reflection and abject meh, it's Charlton init?

0-1
  • Options
    2-0 to Charlton.
  • Options
    Thinking of putting the house on Holmes anytime scorer. Well a pound or two anyway.

Hopefully I'll 'take one for the team' if I live up to my usual betting form with real money which might just enable us to get something from the game.

I really want us to win this one even more than usual if that's possible.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Thinking of putting the house on Holmes anytime scorer. Well a pound or two anyway.

Hopefully I'll 'take one for the team' if I live up to my usual betting form with real money which might just enable us to get something from the game.

Don't do that as someone said he's not/might not be playing, due to back injury.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Don't do that as someone said he's not/might not be playing, due to back injury.
    carrying the team ??
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Good point about Holmes. He's destined to score at least one 60 yard screamer.

4-1 (Holmes- 60 yard screamer)
  • Options
    Hope we stuff them, cant afford to not win this one.

3-0 Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’ve a feeling this is going to be a memorable night.

4-3, last minute winner by Jackson Taylor
  • Options
    The game is live in UK on iFollow through the Oxford web site
  • Options
    Bad feeling about this. We really need to win to follow up on Saturday. However we have an indifferent record v Oxford and they will park the bus. 1-1, honours even and Robinson enjoys being the pantomine villain.
  • Options
    We scored break away goals v Barnsley, we need to score pressure goals v Oxford. I'd start Fosu for Reeves - we need as much quality as we can get into the side tonight. Not being disrespectful to Reeves, but I expect them to be defensively minded and we need players who will get behind them.
  • Options
    Im going tonight, not been for what feels like forever, the life of a boycotter eh!
    Anyway, using someones STs while they are on holiday, so conscious is clear, and Junior Junior is driving, can't bloody wait.

Oi Bowyer can we smash five past the scouse gobshites keeper please.

Ta

COYRs
  • Options

We scored break away goals v Barnsley, we need to score pressure goals v Oxford. I'd start Fosu for Reeves - we need as much quality as we can get into the side tonight. Not being disrespectful to Reeves, but I expect them to be defensively minded and we need players who will get behind them.

Reeves is much deeper than Fosu's natural position. He's also more of a passer.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Good point about Holmes. He's destined to score at least one 60 yard screamer.

4-1 (Holmes- 60 yard screamer)
    Sounds unlikely Holmes will be playing due to injury - I sincerely hope this is true!
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Im going tonight, not been for what feels like forever, the life of a boycotter eh!
    Anyway, using someones STs while they are on holiday, so conscious is clear, and Junior Junior is driving, can't bloody wait.

Ta

COYRs

Using my own season ticket which I paid for so my conscious is clear.😉
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Greenie said:

Ta

COYRs

Using my own season ticket which I paid for so my conscious is clear.😉
    With your user name, won't you be sitting in the away dugout?
  • Options
    TEAM NEWS

United welcome back Cameron Brannagan after suspension. The midfielder missed Saturday's draw at Bristol Rovers after collecting five yellow cards this season but is a direct replacement for Shandon Baptiste who dislocated his shoulder on Saturday.

Samir Carruthers came on for Baptiste at the Memorial Stadium and could be in contention for a start while Ricky Holmes has been having intensive treatment on a back problem and will be keen to feature against his former club, although more likely to return against Shrewsbury Town at home on Saturday.
    https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2018/october/match-preview-for-charlton-athletic-vs-oxford-united-on-23-oct-18/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2018
    '... more likely to return against Shrewsbury.' That's Holmes playing tonight then.
  • Options
    My First game since Shrewsbury away, so fingers crossed we do slightly better this time. Travelling up from sunny Folkestone today....will be heading North For Rochdale on Friday.
  • Options
    Comfortable home win 3-0
  • Options

Reeves is much deeper than Fosu's natural position. He's also more of a passer.
    I know, but you can set up a bit differently against different opponents.
  • Options

Has anyone been able to use a vpn on their iMac?
    Used to using the app on my phone/iPad and I want to make sure I know what I am doing tonight when I get home.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Has anyone been able to use a vpn on their iMac?
    Used to using the app on my phone/iPad and I want to make sure I know what I am doing tonight when I get home.
    You wont need a VPN mate... Midweek games are available to UK viewers
  • Options
    clive said:

TEAM NEWS

United welcome back Cameron Brannagan after suspension. The midfielder missed Saturday's draw at Bristol Rovers after collecting five yellow cards this season but is a direct replacement for Shandon Baptiste who dislocated his shoulder on Saturday.

Samir Carruthers came on for Baptiste at the Memorial Stadium and could be in contention for a start while Ricky Holmes has been having intensive treatment on a back problem and will be keen to feature against his former club, although more likely to return against Shrewsbury Town at home on Saturday.
    https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2018/october/match-preview-for-charlton-athletic-vs-oxford-united-on-23-oct-18/

Dont like the sound of Samir Carruthers potentially being back... He's a good midfielder at this level

Agree with @hawksmoor, sounds like Holmes will play this evening or be on the bench
  • Options

clive said:

TEAM NEWS

Dont like the sound of Samir Carruthers potentially being back... He's a good midfielder at this level

Agree with @hawksmoor, sounds like Holmes will play this evening or be on the bench
    Does not matter who their players are, and how good they have been, they are not at the bottom of the league through bad luck. If we play to our best, there should only be one result
  • Options

clive said:

TEAM NEWS

If our midfield play as well as they did on Saturday we should have nothing to fear from Oxford.
    Their league position suggests they are not very good.
  • Options
    It is true, they're down the bottom for a reason and think that reason is down to Robinson more than anything

No its not a chance to bash KR again but Carruthers | Holmes | Mackie | Hanson | Whyte | Henry ... thats six attacking players that could do damage if playing the right way at this level