Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Car nicked last night in Thorntree Road

13»

Comments

• Options

I accept the police have a difficult job but personally speaking haven't had a great experience with them. I don't have any alternative to them at present however good or bad their service is.

It seems, that the alternative now is the wonderful Facebook.

I am sure the individual police officers work hard and some are even honest. However, my opinion and experience, is that as a force it is no longer fit for purpose. Seems to be a force used as a political puppet; with grass root crime practically ignored.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Speaking on mobiles or texting whilst driving are ridiculously dangerous.

You've come on here more than once to attack the Police and the work they do.

You clearly don't see a single benefit of having a police force and I don't think you should ever call them.

They're outnumbered by criminals - not their fault.
    They're limited in powers - not their fault.
    They're recruiting who they can - somewhat their fault if they make a mistake in who they hire.
    They're told which calls they can respond to by a control centre - not their fault.

By 'their' I am referring to the police out there on the streets in cars, responding to murders, stabbings, suicides, RTA's, drink driving incidents, drink driving accidents and many other things you'll never want to witness.

If you're so against the police attending to these kinds of incidents, you obviously either have something to hide or are just deluded by a bad experience...

Either way I hope you never need them.

I don't think anyone is blaming front line police officers, but to suggest the current state of the police is anything but a shambles, is, imo, wrong.
  • Options
    bloody thing nicked again last night from outside our house in welling.....on the off-chance anyone spots it locally then give me a shout on here.

Black Ford Smax with roof box - pic on the OP

thanks 

• Options
    Fck mine D.
    Sorry to hear that bud
    Joke
  • Options
    Have you checked in Plumstead?
  • Options
    Fords at the moment are being stolen all over seems these gangs have a key system developed for just getting in and driving off
  • Options
    I’m starting to think you don’t want this car.

seriously, hope you manage to get it back. 
  • Options
    neighbour said they heard a bang and an alarm around 11.45pm last night.....not expecting to see it again this time.

Police have already closed the case
  • Options
    neighbour said they heard a bang and an alarm around 11.45pm last night.....not expecting to see it again this time.

Police have already closed the case
    no one pays attention to car/house alarms unless it is their own or has been going off for ages
  • Options
    insurance paid out more than I’d hoped for, so have bought a Hyundai Santa Fe (7 seater)

anyone ever owned one or got any opinions on them??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrWalker said:
    insurance paid out more than I’d hoped for, so have bought a Hyundai Santa Fe (7 seater)

Love 'em. Really want one.
    Where exactly in Eltham do you live?
    How much will you sell it for? 
  • Options
    MrWalker said:

Love 'em. Really want one.
    Where exactly in Eltham do you live?
    How much will you sell it for? 
    Just need an address and I'll let you know double quick.
    No questions asked.
  • Options

I had a Tucson for about 4 years on a lease. Just bought a 65 plate Santa Fe. Needed the extra seats.

Love it so far, but then having had a Tucson for so long I knew what I was getting, pretty much. 

I managed to get a really good deal from Saxton's 4x4 in Essex, and had a good chat with Conor Gallagher's Dad while I was there. Turn's out he's just got himself a 4x4 as well, although not a Hyundai I should point out.
  • Options

I had a Tucson for about 4 years on a lease. Just bought a 65 plate Santa Fe. Needed the extra seats.

Love it so far, but then having had a Tucson for so long I knew what I was getting, pretty much. 

I managed to get a really good deal from Saxton's 4x4 in Essex, and had a good chat with Conor Gallagher's Dad while I was there. Turn's out he's just got himself a 4x4 as well, although not a Hyundai I should point out.

Chelsea tractor.
  • Options
    I guess it depends where you live. Given I have 4 kids, plus in laws that can come and stay for months at a time, having a 7 seater makes sense. Plus I'm out in Kent, which as soon as a drop of snow falls mean the roads are unpassable in a smaller car. 
  • Options

Cheers - looks nice but bought on a bit of a whim really as just need something asap. Paid more than I was planning to (well more than I got from the insurance anyway!)
  • Options

Had one a few years back. Need a reliable 4x4 if we have snow and never had a problem with the Santa Fe over 3 years.  Not too refined but new models probably score much higher.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @Elthamaddick I drive regular between the Uk, south of France and Portugal in a Santa Fe CRDi. Never had a problem with it and it is probably one of the most comfortable cars I’ve done long distance in