Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This judge ...

... who was caught with his trousers down - almost lirerally, anyone think the whole thing stinks?

The evidence seems to be that some bird got an eyeful of his old fella in her face one day on a packed train but gave him the benefit of the doubt and did nothing about it. A couple of weeks later she's on the train and the same thing happens with the same fella. A few days later she sees the same bloke "jostling" in his trousers in fron of another woman on a not so crowded train and then takes a picture of him on her phone and follows him until she loses him somewhere near the law courts. After that she points him out on a train to an undercover copper who then nicks him.

So, she's seen him "in the act" twice, and again a couple of times after - so four positive ID's of the bloke. But it gets kicked out on the grounds of "mistaken identity"???

The moral here: we're all equal, unless you happen to be involved in the legal profession, where one of your mates can always be counted on to help you out, particularly if it's your word against that of a "mere commoner"!

Let's face it. He was never going to go diwn for it. Disgraceful!

Comments

• Options
    No one can be sure 'beyond reasonable doubt' that it was him, it should have been thrown out, the entire thing was a total joke.
  • Options
    i think its been a stitch up myself... the judge has probably made a couple of enemies along the years... as a Judge would. Its easy to find out where he lives, then they set a trap of a young girl to take the same route and concoct a story about him throwing his willy about on a packed train as you describe it... why did no one else see it?

this judge has become a laughing stock and if it turns out it was all a story i hope he sues for millions as his career has been ruined.
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i think its been a stitch up myself... the judge has probably made a couple of enemies along the years... as a Judge would
    I agree, it does sound like a stitch up; if she was so concerned why take photos and follow him around?

Either way it can't be proven.
  • Options
    I say you got your piece out on the train - twice. You say you didn't.
    You're a High Court judge. I'm a nobody.

A couple of funny handshakes and it's all "case dismissed"!!!

As for the conspiracy theories ........ pah!!!
  • Options
    Off_It, the fact that he is a judge is irrelevant, the fact remains that the woman in question can't prove it was him, therefore, in turn, nor can the CPS, in English law under a criminal case you need to be able to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the person is guilty, in this case that simply cannot be done, there is no other possible out come.

How easy would it have been for her to pick out the wrong guy? Tons of people look the same, how would you feel if some crazy woman started taking pictures of you and told your boss you'd been chucking your wang around a train, had it plastered all over the front pages of the papers, when all along it was some other guy who just looked a bit similar.

The guys professional life is over now, guilty or innocent is just as irrelevant as the outcome of the case to him, the result is the same, he no longer has a job.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]
    The guys professional life is over now, guilty or innocent is just as irrelevant as the outcome of the case to him, the result is the same, he no longer has a job.

Is that right though? Has he been sacked?
  • Options
    Judges can't be sacked, he will resign within a month though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Judges can't be sacked, he will resign within a month though.

So he hasn't been sacked and has still got a job after all then?
  • Options
    Yes and no, the fact is for 99% of people becoming a judge involves huge pay cut, it;s not about having the job to earn money, its about having the job for the prestigious reasons, for him, they are no gone, I can't imagine him being allowed to sit on any cases, therefore rendering him useless and his career over.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Yes and no, the fact is for 99% of people becoming a judge involves huge pay cut, it;s not about having the job to earn money, its about having the job for the prestigious reasons, for him, they are no gone, I can't imagine him being allowed to sit on any cases, therefore rendering him useless and his career over.

I wouldn't worry, I'm sure someone from his club will sort him out.