Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

An Evening with Chris Solly at the Valley - 28th November

Comments

• Options
    iainment said:

LenGlover said:

Did @paulie8290 offload his ticket?

Come on @iainment you're slacking :wink:

?
    Just being mischievous and referring back to you suggesting updates of a meeting were a bit slow a while ago.
  • Options
    Has Solly come dressed as an Italian gangster form Peaky Blinders?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

iainment said:

LenGlover said:

Did @paulie8290 offload his ticket?

Come on @iainment you're slacking :wink:

?
    Just being mischievous and referring back to you suggesting updates of a meeting were a bit slow a while ago.
    A players jolly's not the same though is it?
    I think only those going to that have any interest. I don't.
  • Options
    Now the Lepe 8 makes sense
  • Options
    So who on here asked a question.

I did
  • Options
    WSS said:

So who on here asked a question.

I did

“What’s the highlight of your career?”
    Actually no, now if Danny Green was there we may have had something to talk about haha.

It was actually about Sollys knee
  • Options

Interestingly with his knee, he said he had an operation towards the end of last season to remove a bit of cartlige that had bren causing issues the previous 18 months and now that he gone he thinks he is over is knee issue(he said he still manages his training but is confident he will be fine)

Good to hear.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was anything said about Roland? Especially from Chris Powell?
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

No Rolands name wasnt even mentioned at anypoint
  • Options
    For those their tonight the names were never mentioned but the hashtag lepe 8 was being used alot on twitter back then so I known
    Jackson
    Morrison
    Hamer

Cant think whoelse used the hashtag, andy hughes maybe
  • Options
    I would have gone, just for the chance to shake the Frenchman’s hand and say thank you.
  • Options
    Oh my, that photo :blush:
  • Options
    Well from what I've seen so far, turns out ol' Theresa is right #noupdates are better than #badupdates
  • Options
    Thoroughly enjoyable evening had by all. Nice bit of nostalgia and good to see Chris Solly showing a bit of his character and sense of humour - a side most don’t often get to see as he’s normally such a quiet and reserved chap.

I really enjoyed myself
  • Options

DiscoCAFC said:

No Rolands name wasnt even mentioned at anypoint
    Had the event been held anywhere else, he might of got a mention, these boys have too much class to slag him off on his own doorstep.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, a good event, and an enjoyable evening.
  • Options
    My first at this type of event and I loved the comment regarding Solly's tackle on Taylor at the Den.

Solly was very dry but very funny with it. Good evening
  • Options

My first at this type of event and I loved the comment regarding Solly's tackle on Taylor at the Den.

Solly was very dry but very funny with it. Good evening

Wot did he say about it?
  • Options

For those their tonight the names were never mentioned but the hashtag lepe 8 was being used alot on twitter back then so I known
    Jackson
    Morrison
    Hamer

Both Hamer and Hughes were signed on August 1st 2011, the players had already been to Lepe by then and come back home before the new season.

Out of the 8, we know Jackson was one of them and I’d assume Morrison was too, Robbie Elliott was let slip too. Unsure on who the remaining 5 would be, but I guess we would never know.
  • Options

Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott tonight or a night at The Valley. Albert Hall wins it methinks. Though all updates on SCP's views on our Belgian friends will be most welcome!

Ditto for me, Albert Hall win
  • Options
    Sage said:

Jackson
    Morrison
    Hamer

Both Hamer and Hughes were signed on August 1st 2011, the players had already been to Lepe by then and come back home before the new season.

Out of the 8, we know Jackson was one of them and I’d assume Morrison was too, Robbie Elliott was let slip too. Unsure on who the remaining 5 would be, but I guess we would never know.
    Had a quick look on twitter last night, i was wrong about hamer because it was John Sullivan, also Paul Hayes mentioned alot back in tweets from that time around lepe8
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Thoroughly enjoyable evening had by all. Nice bit of nostalgia and good to see Chris Solly showing a bit of his character and sense of humour - a side most don’t often get to see as he’s normally such a quiet and reserved chap.

I really enjoyed myself

Same here and even the Mrs enjoyed it.
    Sat behind the one and only Paulie to make sure he behaved.

Sat behind me and didnt even say hello :disappointed: