Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bents Gone ? What now ?

OK. Looks like we must face the fact that Dazza is all but gone. What does that leave us with in terms of firepower ? Iwelumo and Varney for sure plus Marcus Bent and Lisbie. I know we have Dixon but lets face it, he could be well out of his depth...who knows. In fact thats my whole point. Iwelumo scored for Colchester last year in CCC and we have no idea if Varney will cut it at a higher level. Bent is a waste of space and the boy Lisbie.....enough said. IMHO we still need another striker. Anyone else worried or am I just going into a post Dazza depression ?

Comments

• Options
    Might get one on loan, plus Chris Dickson who will be hungry for success.

Think Varney will be a success for us
  • Options
    If MB is staying then we can't really afford another.
  • Options
    If Marcus Bent remains at the Valley I will return my season ticket - that's if I ever receive it.
  • Options
    I would like Charlton too sign Eastwood.
  • Options
    Think we are all pinning a lot of hope on Chris Dickson ! Hope like hell he is as good as people say but.....? I have a gut feeling Marcus Bent will stay. Can`t see us being able to offload him very easily because he ain`t a prem player and he`s on prem wages. Just have to hope he pulls his finger out I suppose :) Can`t see us paying for another striker when we need to strengthen elsewhere. Not much of a stampede by other clubs for our deadwood is there ! Eastwood would be good though.
  • Options
    I wonder how people would react if MB scored 15-20 goals next year?

I bet we still wouldnt like him!
  • Options
    Well if he scores that many I will take back what I have said. Seriously anyone think he will ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Well if he scores that many I will take back what I have said. Seriously anyone think he will ?
    If he plays with the attitude he did when pards first came in throughout the season - and thats a big if - its very possible in that league.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I wonder how people would react if MB scored 15-20 goals next year?

I bet we still wouldnt like him!

I would probably faint.
  • Options
    Despite lack of goals, MB did play well when given a run by Pards.
    Despite his social life shennanigans I think if he is playing regularly he will do well for us, if he is not a regular then he will be of no use.

His lack of goals probaby means that even the newly promoted PL clubs won't be interested in him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He did score 8 league and 3 cup goals for Blackburn in the CCC but that was about 5 years ago.
  • Options
    Word association game....Marcus Bent.....Banjo.....Cows arse.....?
  • Options
    When Curbs paid £2.5M for MB he must have dreamt he was already at Upton Valley.
  • Options
    Go on Curbs, payback time. Do us a favour......?
  • Options
    Eastwood, Eastwood, Eastwood, Eastwood!!! Got to use some of that 'Bent' cash and get this boy. I agree that I think Varney will be a real find, Iwelumo will be our set piece threat (a much needed requirement on a wet Wednesday night 'oop North'), but with Reidy (if he can stay fit), Eastwood would be the man to unlock defences. M Bent is completely untrustworthy and Lisbie is going....hopefully. Dickson might surprise as well.
  • Options
    Can`t argue with that !
  • Options
    Freddie eastwood good shout but we need someone who can cross the ball passed the first defender .Scott Sinclair loan from Chelski ?
  • Options
    Darren Bent, Bent , bent....
  • Options
    I've heard we are after Daniel Nardiello don't know how good he is.

Anyway Benty is obviously staying so

Darren Bent Bent Bent