Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Statbank: F.A.Cup R1 Mansfield Town 1-1 Charlton Athletic

many thanks to the 24 Lifers who gave marks, the Referee Mr Yates was the highest marked ref so far this season.

Comments

• Options
    Ouch... Didnt realise how high Cullen was on the assists board!!
  • Options
    Ajose hasn't done badly either, shows what stats prove!!!!!!!
  • Options

Didn't he assist half the goals at stevenage or where ever it was?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Is the MK Dons game the only other one he's played in this season?
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Cafc43v3r said:

Is the MK Dons game the only other one he's played in this season?
    Didn't he start a league game or 2 as a "10".

Edit looking at the last league statbank he played against Peterbrough, Southend and Wycombe.
  • Options
    Ajose getting peters for being Ajose.

Very unfair imo.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Ajose getting peters for being Ajose.

Very unfair imo.

Was a good assist for the goal. He does appear to spend most of his time strolling around the pitch with an occasional burst into a jog. Seems to only spring into life when the ball is delivered directly to him and appears to make little effort to get involved. I use the word appears a lot cos that’s the way I see it - others might see it differently...
  • Options
    Sarr... 6.81 and second?
  • Options
    How is it Ajose's assist?? Should be Fosu's.

He crossed it. Fosu shot, and then Stevenson tapped in from close range.

"Traditionally, assists are awarded to a player who makes the final pass or cross before a goal is scored.
    An assist is given even if the pass is unintentional. This means that this "pass" could be an inadvertent touch, as long as it is the final touch before the goal is scored.
    That is the simple explanation of what makes up a regular assist, as defined by Opta."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Ben18 said:

"Traditionally, assists are awarded to a player who makes the final pass or cross before a goal is scored.
    An assist is given even if the pass is unintentional. This means that this "pass" could be an inadvertent touch, as long as it is the final touch before the goal is scored.
    That is the simple explanation of what makes up a regular assist, as defined by Opta."

Lancs does not need to answer to Opta, he has his own views he has put previously :) (Not being sarcastic , just i know LL has explained himself a few times before)
  • Options

Ben18 said:

Lancs does not need to answer to Opta, he has his own views he has put previously :) (Not being sarcastic , just i know LL has explained himself a few times before)
    We need the "Dubious Assist panel" to intervene on this one :smiley:
  • Options
    Thanks Jonnybev, OPTA does not involve itself in such minor levels as L1, or rather I can't find their involvement and as JB says I do it by my rules!

However I shall again look at the "highlights" and if it is as Ben says then I will change it to Fosu, although I do rather like the idea of Ajose with lots of assists but unable to score a goal :)
  • Options
    Definitely a Fosu assist in my book too (whether he meant it or not!)
  • Options
    OK Fosu it is, I’ll amend my original ststbank copy - thanks