Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gonna resign from my job...

on Monday morning...my god I hope they put me on my 3 months gardening leave.....

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited June 2007
    Good luck with that.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you do at the moment?
  • Options
    God damn I wish I could do the same.... so jealous.
  • Options
    Football Manager?
    Wasn't Pardew put on gardening leave at Reading?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Good luck with that.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you do at the moment?

Underwriter in the City
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Eltham_addick[/cite]

Undertaker in the City

Sounds like a dead end job!
  • Options
    You work in Lloyds Eltham?

I guess if you are going to a competitor they will either frog march you out of the office, make you do the filing for 3 months in a small closet or give you a shovel to dig your garden. Hopefully for you its the latter.
  • Options
    nah not in Lloyds, but yes off to a competitor so am hoping to be frogmarched out to spend the summer months playing golf before going back to work mid-september !!.....well that's the plan.
  • Options
    Good luck mate.

Underwriter friend of mine who works in Lloyds handed his notice in and had to do 12 months gardening leave.

Went round the world and played a lot of golf.

Happy days. Problem was he was the most expensive Underwriter in the market when he got back :)
  • Options
    bl**dy boss off sick today.....gonna have to be tomorrow now, have spent all day trying to look fairly busy !!
  • Options
    thank fcuking god....been told to get my arse out of here once I've cleared my desk....no work until the 17th Sept (on full pay !!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's the crack with all this gardening leave business??
  • Options
    3 months off work on full pay, not allowed to contact any clients/brokers etc.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Eltham_addick[/cite]thank fcuking god....been told to get my arse out of here once I've cleared my desk....no work until the 17th Sept (on full pay !!)
    Awesome, 6 weeks off then 6 weeks getting another job?

What a life!
  • Options
    I've got another job, much better pay and terms (can work from home a couple of days a week if I want) and start it on the 17th Sept !
  • Options
    let me know where you DID work and i'll quickly apply for a job !!

*always thinking*
  • Options
    Experienced the wonder of Garden Leave last year. Had 5 weeks off which included the whole of June. Fantasic weather and the World Cup. Shame the latter was so shite!