Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Richard Scudamore: Premier League clubs asked for £250,000 towards £5m bonus

Comments

• WTF!!... Moment Scudamore is gone I'll be happy as he's been a poison on Football of late

Trouble is his replacement whoever he is will be just as worse!!

She
    OH NOOOOOO
    https://news.sky.com/story/susanna-dinnage-to-replace-richard-scudamore-as-premier-league-chief-executive-11553409
    She's the Global President of Discovery's Animal Planet, so clearly highly qualified to be in charge of the biggest football league in the world.

Fucking ridiculous!!!
    Good Point
  • Utterly indicative of the money crazed mindset of the Premier League. So its basically a way of clubs saying thank you for making us so rich. Arseholes the lot of them

Well, he did help to make them all incredibly rich.
    And completely fuck over the rest of football in this country.
    Yep but he worked for the EPL and he made them very rich, I'd have thought £250k was a pittance in comparison.
    So it was his job then,
  • Ignorant fuckwit...spread around the non league game,that money would keep small clubs going years...twat.
  • and they are asking non league clubs to increase the size of their dressing room
  • I’d like to see the clubs maintain their normal stance on finance and keep the lot to spend on their grass roots foreign stars.
    I would also expect clubs will start wondering why the richest pay the same as the rich.
  • I hope Scudamore's balls drop off.
  • WTF!!... Moment Scudamore is gone I'll be happy as he's been a poison on Football of late

Trouble is his replacement whoever he is will be just as worse!!

She
    OH NOOOOOO
    https://news.sky.com/story/susanna-dinnage-to-replace-richard-scudamore-as-premier-league-chief-executive-11553409
    She's the Global President of Discovery's Animal Planet, so clearly highly qualified to be in charge of the biggest football league in the world.

Fucking ridiculous!!!
    Good Point
    much more succinct than what I was going to say...
  • edited November 2018
    iamdan said:

My leaving present...

One of my sons (he was 14 at the time) bought me a similar one. A few years ago. Not sure why it’s uploaded 3 times - I guess it was just to erase any element of doubt.
    imageimageimage
  • ...or they could just get him a clock?
  • iamdan said:

My leaving present...

One of my sons (he was 14 at the time) bought me a similar one. A few years ago. Not sure why it’s uploaded 3 times - I guess it was just to erase any element of doubt.
    imageimageimage
    https://youtu.be/Y3T_xczFl5A
  • Sponsored links:

• Utterly indicative of the money crazed mindset of the Premier League. So its basically a way of clubs saying thank you for making us so rich. Arseholes the lot of them

Yep but he worked for the EPL and he made them very rich, I'd have thought £250k was a pittance in comparison.
    So it was his job then,
    Yeah and people get gifts when they leave jobs.
  • Rudders22 said:

and they are asking non league clubs to increase the size of their dressing room

No their not. That's the FA not the EPL.

So it was his job then,
    Yeah gifts not £5m, have a word with yourself if you think this is right.

So it was his job then,
    Did I say it was right? Would it be better spent on grass roots football? Yes but then again why spend any money on football when nurses are underpaid.

It's not a publicly funded organisation so it's not taxpayers' money.

A lot of outrage about how private companies reward a very successful senior employee.

So it was his job then,
    Did I say it was right? Would it be better spent on grass roots football? Yes but then again why spend any money on football when nurses are underpaid.

It's not a publicly funded organisation so it's not taxpayers' money.

A lot of outrage about how private companies reward a very successful senior employee.</blockquote

You have a problem.
  • Seems she's worked for EuroSport and Channel 5

I guess with the latter we'll see more Sex on the Pitch ads!!
  • Heard a rumour that our Tone has had a similar idea that when he's up the road, he's going to pass the hat around the met as a thank you for all the overtime he created! ;)
  • #everydaysexism
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope Children in Need will be joining in and also making a £250k contribution to this deserved cause...

I actually read that as Charlton in Need 😂
  • If he would like to hold his hand out i could quite happily fill it with something.

Excellenr choice of replacement... sort of went like this.

1) woman (tick)

• Genuinely amazed that clubs have actually agreed to this.

Say for example Cardiff and Fulham who might only be up for 1 season, why should they pay it? If i was them i'd just tell Bruce Buck to stick his idea.

Surely they should just all contribute 250k to charity, not giving 5m to a multi-millionaire.
  • Swisdom said:

Some non league clubs have folded for less than half of this gift.

Disgusting

Indeed.... I got a 30 year service award last week from my company, got £150 voucher and a nice badge. Mind they have been good for me too.
  • Genuinely amazed that clubs have actually agreed to this.

Say for example Cardiff and Fulham who might only be up for 1 season, why should they pay it? If i was them i'd just tell Bruce Buck to stick his idea.

Surely they should just all contribute 250k to charity, not giving 5m to a multi-millionaire.

Percentage wise £250k for even Cardiff & Fulham is peanuts compared to the money they bank off the back of the tv deal. Agree with Irving on most of this, would love to see this sort of token gesture be redistributed into grass roots or given to a charity, but the way the premier league clubs see it is that he’s made them a lot of money over the years, and this is them recognising it with a parting gift

A gross figure for most of us to get our heads round as I believe true supporters like us still very much see football as a working man’s game, but for me, this is just another example of how things have changed and this is in fact, the norm
  • cabbles said:

Genuinely amazed that clubs have actually agreed to this.

Percentage wise £250k for even Cardiff & Fulham is peanuts compared to the money they bank off the back of the tv deal. Agree with Irving on most of this, would love to see this sort of token gesture be redistributed into grass roots or given to a charity, but the way the premier league clubs see it is that he’s made them a lot of money over the years, and this is them recognising it with a parting gift

A gross figure for most of us to get our heads round as I believe true supporters like us still very much see football as a working man’s game, but for me, this is just another example of how things have changed and this is in fact, the norm
    He works for the premier league though, so any bonus he's given should be paid by the league. I've no issue with him getting a bonus payoff, as i'm sure most top executives at any successful big companies would get, the issue is if these 20 clubs have 250k to chuck away, then give it to a far more deserving cause than a multi millionaire.
  • cabbles said:

Genuinely amazed that clubs have actually agreed to this.

He works for the premier league though, so any bonus he's given should be paid by the league. I've no issue with him getting a bonus payoff, as i'm sure most top executives at any successful big companies would get, the issue is if these 20 clubs have 250k to chuck away, then give it to a far more deserving cause than a multi millionaire.
    I agree there are many more worthwhile causes but as the premier league clubs are members of the premier league, I would just guess this is just them like any members of a trade association honouring his time there. I don’t know the legal make up of the premier league in terms of structure (ie is it a limited company), but I would’ve thought that is along similar lines to any trade body or membership etc and they’ve all just decided to chip in for a leaving gift?