Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

#GiletsJaunes

Comments

• Options

Are there two different protests going on?

Keep hearing about the Yellow Jacket Protest but then I see hashtags for some #giletsjaunes Protest as well?

What’s going on out there?

Confused from Sidcup

AFKA, I think you may be confusing these people with the leaders of the Tour de France, who also wear a yellow jacket.

Unless it's a Tour de France winners convention, which in that case there won't be many French men present;-)
  • Options

Leuth said:

How can you halve taxes and expect better public services?

You tell me
    The magic money tree.
    I thought the DUP got that!
  • Options
    Popped down to Brive to get some bits and there's a relatively minor round a bout with about 30 to 40 people (5/6 of em got faces covered and dressed like hunt sabs) stood at each entrance and pallets blocking the roads. Every 10 minutes (we timed it), they slide the pallets out the way and let everyone go pmsl.
  • Options

"Frenchman got a problem
    He don't mind throwing a brick
    Brits watch reality TV
    Where they teach you how to be thick.

And everybody's doing
    Just what they're told to
    And nobody wants
    To go to jail.

Brit riot
    I wanna riot
    Brit riot
    A riot of my own."

With apologies to Mick Jones and Joe Strummer.

NB for people under 50s or who went to public school this is not a serious political statement.

What is your problem with people who went to public school Henry? It didn't seem to diminish Joe Strummer's opportunities much.
  • Options

Popped down to Brive to get some bits and there's a relatively minor round a bout with about 30 to 40 people (5/6 of em got faces covered and dressed like hunt sabs) stood at each entrance and pallets blocking the roads. Every 10 minutes (we timed it), they slide the pallets out the way and let everyone go pmsl.

As someone who has spent a lot of time round there, I can't imagine people doing that. Amazing to hear that even the people round there are being mobilised.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

"Frenchman got a problem
    Brits watch reality TV

And everybody's doing
    And nobody wants
    To go to jail.

Brit riot
    I wanna riot
    Brit riot
    A riot of my own."

NB for people under 50s or who went to public school this is not a serious political statement.

What is your problem with people who went to public school Henry? It didn't seem to diminish Joe Strummer's opportunities much.
    Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh
  • Options
    Why why why Delila?
  • Options

Chizz said:

"Frenchman got a problem
    Brits watch reality TV

And everybody's doing
    And nobody wants
    To go to jail.

Brit riot
    I wanna riot
    Brit riot
    A riot of my own."

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh
    ......daddy was a.....bank robber
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ...sorry I thought that was the symbol intro
  • Options
    #sans-culottes
  • Options

As an act of EU solidarity, the German army should be sent in. They have a fantastic record sorting out gobby frogs.

Whilst I get your third Reich reference the German police would have snuffed this out before it gathered pace. Rightly or wrongly they are the most violent and brutal police force I have ever witnessed in action
  • Options

Leuth said:

Selective sterilisation/euthanasia combined with re-establishing the empire.
    I'd argue that comes with a small tax increase for some people...
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Leuth said:

If you run your empire properly it can be quite the money spinner. Anyway You can't put a price on Lebensraum.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Leuth said:

Put it on tea - just for the colonials.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

SDAddick said:

Leuth said:

No representation without taxation
  • Options
    Addickted said:

SDAddick said:

Leuth said:

We now go live to SDAddick's front lawn:
  • Options
    So violence works then. Macron has given in to what they generally wanted.
  • Options

The Welsh should learn from that.
    Forget road signs and holiday homes. Get on the streets and get what you want.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

remember the anti poll tax riots soon got rid of Thatcher
  • Options
    I was speaking to one of my French colleagues at lunch, and he was saying he believes the protests will continue in France, as it widely believed that Macron has simply deferred the changes that the government had planned - so they believe in 6 months time, it will be a siatuation where all the changes and increases will be implemented anyway.
    Astonishingly, when i asked him about Macrons popularity, he said it stood at about 10 per cent of the population at present, He indicated that Elections are in 18 months time where it is almost certain that Macron will not be re-elected, however, seemingly the only party gaining in popularity is the right-wing. Its a concern throughout Europe where right-wing is gaining popularity in most countries within the EU.
  • Options
    Eerily reminiscent of the thirties isn't it?

We won't last another 20 years. Probably more like 10.
  • Options

I was speaking to one of my French colleagues at lunch, and he was saying he believes the protests will continue in France, as it widely believed that Macron has simply deferred the changes that the government had planned - so they believe in 6 months time, it will be a siatuation where all the changes and increases will be implemented anyway.
    Astonishingly, when i asked him about Macrons popularity, he said it stood at about 10 per cent of the population at present, He indicated that Elections are in 18 months time where it is almost certain that Macron will not be re-elected, however, seemingly the only party gaining in popularity is the right-wing. Its a concern throughout Europe where right-wing is gaining popularity in most countries within the EU.

I thought the next elections were not until 2022?
  • Options

And Roland will still be in charge!!

• Options

What do you mean by that ?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

I thought the next elections were not until 2022?
    You are correct.

The French still enjoy a good lunch...

• Options
    SDAddick said:

Addickted said:

SDAddick said:

Leuth said:

We now go live to SDAddick's front lawn:
    Is that the pre-match warm up for tonights match?

Pompey striker preparing to shoot, while the Charlton defence (in red in the background) are milling around wondering who to mark?