Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee Bowyer's new job

On Gillette Soccer Saturday now.

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Commentating on Sunderland v Wycombe and doing a Paul Merson impression as can't pronounce Wycombe's goalscorer (0 - 1).
  • Options
    Iain Dowie means two Charlton managers doing the show.
  • Options

Iain Dowie means two Charlton managers doing the show.

One manager and one pug ugly useless palarse prick.
    Fair comment
  • Options
    I've found him a little dull.
  • Options
    Thought it was noticeable how he commented like a coach IE talking about wingers switching sides and full backs playing high.

Thought he did OK for what I assume is his first time but he's not a natural. I only switched on about 4.30.

Good luck to him.
  • Options

One of my boys thinks our game was postponed because Bowyer was on Soccer Saturday

Love it.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Think he's done alright considering he's not a regular. Robbie Fowler was on there not so long ago demonstrating how bad/dull/unable to string a coherent sentence together they can be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:

Lord Bowyer's delivery is like our wingers': slow and flat.

He always sounds the same regardless of how excited he may be and he always seems to talk at the same speed so I can see how some may consider him "dull".

I'd still rather listen to His Lordship than Merson, Thomson, Dowie, Robbo, or some of the others that they have in.
  • Options

PopIcon said:

He always sounds the same regardless of how excited he may be and he always seems to talk at the same speed so I can see how some may consider him "dull".

I'd still rather listen to His Lordship than Merson, Thomson, Dowie, Robbo, or some of the others that they have in.
    To be honest, that’s the only thing that I can say frustrates me about him. He doesn’t use his voice in a way most of us do. I completely agree he sounds the same, no matter what. It’ll always be slow and flat whether he is annoyed, happy, excited, proud, angry etc.

Sometimes I think, come on Bows, just show us you got more than that :joy:
  • Options
    Sage said:

PopIcon said:

To be honest, that’s the only thing that I can say frustrates me about him. He doesn’t use his voice in a way most of us do. I completely agree he sounds the same, no matter what. It’ll always be slow and flat whether he is annoyed, happy, excited, proud, angry etc.

Watch the Peterborough post match interview.

• Options

Sage said:

PopIcon said:

Don’t have Valley Pass so can’t see it. I would have been shocked had he not shown some amount of anger and passion, because it was diabolical the reason we lost that match.

Just in general, he does seem very much the same throughout.
  • Options
    Lee Bowyer’s delivery is slow, deliberate, very considered and maybe not that inspiring. Reminds me of Curbs as a pundit. I also seem to recall that Jack Charlton’s pronunciation of difficult names wasn’t that hot.

He’ll do for me.
  • Options
    He's not very eloquent (a bit shy ?) but his remarks today show that he has a good grip on tactics and is able to absorb what teams are up to .. just don't become a luvvie Lee ((:>)
  • Options
    He mentioned that he had 'looked' at Chuks Aneke in the summer.
  • Options
    Was more interested in the fact he wasn't at the Bristol Rovers match doing a reccy ....seeing as we've played both Sunderland & Wycombe. Did he really need to £500 that much ??
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Was more interested in the fact he wasn't at the Bristol Rovers match doing a reccy ....seeing as we've played both Sunderland & Wycombe. Did he really need to £500 that much ??

Lol It's called 'getting your name back out there' and keeping your options open, plus he's got his usual scout like @Tut Tut to report back to him on up coming oppo, not to mention access to VTRs of their matches.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

He's not very eloquent (a bit shy ?) but his remarks today show that he has a good grip on tactics and is able to absorb what teams are up to .. just don't become a luvvie Lee ((:>)

Are there many Footballers who are? - No offence to any, especially Jonjo Shelvey who you can really struggle to understand, yet these are kids who's priority growing up will have been to kick a ball better than anyone else rather than concentrating on how to talk properly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Are there many Footballers who are? - No offence to any, especially Jonjo Shelvey who you can really struggle to understand, yet these are kids who's priority growing up will have been to kick a ball better than anyone else rather than concentrating on how to talk properly
    I know this will sound snobbish, but I'm always surprised when a footballer comes across as eloquent in an interview.
    In terms of ex-Charlton pundits and presenters, Minto must be the best with Rob Lee and Paul Walsh fighting it out for worst.
  • Options
    Sage said:

PopIcon said:

Uboat said:

I know this will sound snobbish, but I'm always surprised when a footballer comes across as eloquent in an interview.
    In terms of ex-Charlton pundits and presenters, Minto must be the best with Rob Lee and Paul Walsh fighting it out for worst.
    Minto grew up in Bromley so is obviously a cut above. He also did a degree in journalism.

Walsh is ok and don't remember ever hearing ROBERT Lee commentate.

Bowyer did ok I thought, especially for first time out.
  • Options
    Minto now lives in chelsfield.
    The man has class.
  • Options

The man has class.

And a Bob or two obviously
  • Options

The man has class.

If his house is anything to go by.
    Yes
  • Options

The man has class.

Yes
    Stalker alert!
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Sage said:

PopIcon said:

Uboat said:

Minto grew up in Bromley so is obviously a cut above. He also did a degree in journalism.

Walsh is ok and don't remember ever hearing ROBERT Lee commentate.

Bowyer did ok I thought, especially for first time out.
    Robert is in the 'We're joined in the studio by Rob Lee' category. He always manages to give the impression that he is bored and doesn't give a shit about some stupid lower league game.
  • Options

The man has class.

Yes
    Stalker alert!
    Not true.
    Minto does not stalk me.
  • Options

The man has class.