Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ireland, Ireland!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Fair play to them, if Sam Underhills try had counted last week I'd still be on the ceiling

New Zealand are number 1 Ireland number 2. That must have felt fantastic to beat them

One thing I'll say about Ireland though is I have watching them. They do the equivalent of parking the bus in my opinion, they have got some very strong players but they are joyless to watch unless you are Irish
  • Options
    The try wasn't a dull pushover, it was creative and brave.
  • Options

I agree with Lincs in that Wayne Barnes refereed the game brilliantly, I was initially annoyed with him talking to the players at every opportunity, but as the game wore on you could see that he gained the respect of both teams. No back chat from the players they just got on with it although on some occasions they have disagreed with him there was no dissent. I don’t think he ever went to the TMO.</blockquote

thanks for the nice words .. Barnes did actually go to the TMO once (sorry !!), he thought that Kearney had scored a try but asked for a check .. the replay showed a miniscule knock on in the act of sliding over the line .. the All Blacks never got that close to scoring during a phenomenal rearguard Irish action when in defence .. and Stockdale's try ! .. one to keep in the memory for a long time

• Options
    14 changes from last week, beat USA 57-14. After last week's win, Ireland closed the gap on NZ in the world rankings. Not sure if this result, will see them go pass NZ.
  • Options

Have no time for the Irish full stop. Hope we, or anybody for that matter, stuff them at the first opportunity in every competition.
    Lary, full of bullshit, give it to themselves, but we all know they will do fuck all , as usual, in the World Cup next year.

Wow. That’s a very big chip on your shoulder.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Have no time for the Irish full stop. Hope we, or anybody for that matter, stuff them at the first opportunity in every competition.
    Lary, full of bullshit, give it to themselves, but we all know they will do fuck all , as usual, in the World Cup next year.

70 days until Ireland v England, the first game in the 2019 6N.
  • Options
    We have one that comes in the English pub and gives it large about Brexit,IRA,Bobby Sands,and gives it large for any England opponents in any sport - he's known as Mick the Prick.Absolute arsehole.
  • Options

Cannot wait for this game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:

Cannot wait for this game.
    I, for one, will be hiding behind the sofa...
  • Options
    They deserve all that. Hopefully England will step it up and beat them in the 6 Nations.
  • Options
    iainment said:

We have one that comes in the English pub and gives it large about Brexit,IRA,Bobby Sands,and gives it large for any England opponents in any sport - he's known as Mick the Prick.Absolute arsehole.

Every country has them. Just different gibberish.
    Nah, Ireland has far more than its fair share, judging by what i see and hear from the Irish twats in Luxembourg.
  • Options

iainment said:

Nah, Ireland has far more than its fair share, judging by what i see and hear from the Irish twats in Luxembourg.
    The English abroad aren't exactly standard bearers of etiquette though, let's be honest. I say this as someone who's equal parts English and Irish (and also half-Chinese, and the behaviour of Chinese people abroad is an absolute disgrace in many respects, too).
  • Options

iainment said:

You should see the English in Ireland.
    All countries have knobheads. You're, possibly, sensitized to English speakers who have no respect for England. And why would they.
  • Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

All countries have knobheads. You're, possibly, sensitized to English speakers who have no respect for England. And why would they.
    There are many English (and non) speaking countries represented in Lux - no-one stands out more as being total arseholes than the Irish.
  • Options

iainment said:

iainment said:

There are many English (and non) speaking countries represented in Lux - no-one stands out more as being total arseholes than the Irish.
    Wooooooooah!
    Give your bigotry a day off!!

Having travelled extensively I have met all manner of nationalities in all manner of countries. What I tend to find is eejits tend to stick together. And that’s all they are, eejits. Regardless of where they originally hail.

If I were a betting gal, I’d put money on some girleen or maybe even garsen (don’t want to assume here) has spurned your charms in the past.
    Let it go geezer, life is too short.

Anyhoo, after the World Cup, once Farrell is in charge, the Irish will probably go back to hating the English and we can all start again.

Jaysus!
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    the paddies celebrating being good at an english game :smiley::wink:

from my dealings with rugby fans both english, irish, plastic ( rome last year for the ireland italy game plenty of surrey types running about in ireland shirts, then joining in with booing the english national anthem at the pub afterwards - got to be palace fans ) - arrogant wankers that are far worse behaved than football fans - uni banter types.
  • Options

from my dealings with rugby fans both english, irish, plastic ( rome last year for the ireland italy game plenty of surrey types running about in ireland shirts, then joining in with booing the english national anthem at the pub afterwards - got to be palace fans ) - arrogant wankers that are far worse behaved than football fans - uni banter types.

Lol you do know that some people born in Ireland don’t actually sound Irish?
    Have you ever been to Edinburgh? There are more Scottish people there who talk with a better Queens English accent than me!!

All this stereotyping says much more about you than anything else.

As for Rugby, are you basing your hatred just at Union? Or are the League lot just as bad?
    I only ask because having seen numerous games of football (not soccer), rugby union & rugby league, the only time I’ve seen ‘badly behaved’ supporters was at football. Although there was a scary moment between the Hull FC v Hull KR when an elderly KR lady threatened to take on a group of FC fans but thankfully they saw the funny side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2018

Lol you do know that some people born in Ireland don’t actually sound Irish?
    Have you ever been to Edinburgh? There are more Scottish people there who talk with a better Queens English accent than me!!

All this stereotyping says much more about you than anything else.

As for Rugby, are you basing your hatred just at Union? Or are the League lot just as bad?
    I only ask because having seen numerous games of football (not soccer), rugby union & rugby league, the only time I’ve seen ‘badly behaved’ supporters was at football. Although there was a scary moment between the Hull FC v Hull KR when an elderly KR lady threatened to take on a group of FC fans but thankfully they saw the funny side.
    yes my mother being one of them lol and yes been to edinburgh several times through work and also leisure - any other questions?.

i can only base my findings on what i have experienced, probably been to 10 + england games and 1 ireland game.

if football supporters are so badly behaved why do you post on a football forum?

• Options
    Never said they were ‘so badly behaved’.
    It was yourself who compared the rugby fan against the football fan I just commented on my findings of being lucky enough to enjoy watching both, live on a regular basis and based on that I have seen far more ‘n’er do wells’ supporting the round ball.

And I can post where I like thank you. Don’t need your permission.

All the best now.
  • Options

Never said they were ‘so badly behaved’.
    It was yourself who compared the rugby fan against the football fan I just commented on my findings of being lucky enough to enjoy watching both, live on a regular basis and based on that I have seen far more ‘n’er do wells’ supporting the round ball.

And I can post where I like thank you. Don’t need your permission.

All the best now.

Carefully ignored and didn’t comment on the previous points you raised about Irish and Scots.
  • Options
    I didn’t ignore anything ya eejit.
    You assumed the Irish fans were Surrey types just because they didn’t sound or look like your stereotypical Irish. Then when I pointed out that many Irish & Scots don’t actually have the accents, you actually agreed. Stating your own Mother didn’t & you’d witnessed it yourself in Edinburgh.

Crikey, you could have a row in the mirror couldn’t you.

But do carry on if you wish.

It’s easy sport to be fair :smile:
  • Options

I didn’t ignore anything ya eejit.
    You assumed the Irish fans were Surrey types just because they didn’t sound or look like your stereotypical Irish. Then when I pointed out that many Irish & Scots don’t actually have the accents, you actually agreed. Stating your own Mother didn’t & you’d witnessed it yourself in Edinburgh.

Crikey, you could have a row in the mirror couldn’t you.

But do carry on if you wish.

It’s easy sport to be fair :smile:

• Options
    Don’t be using those!
    You trying to kill the planet?

Ta ra Snowflake :smiley:
  • Options

Don’t be using those!
    You trying to kill the planet?

Ta ra Snowflake :smiley:

your cage got rattled when came out with you do know etc - you picked your battle and got offended - a very irish trait :wink:

for the record i dont hate irish people but believe me they give as good as they get spend a lot of time there, i would lay a fair whack aswell that the surrey types ( battered boat shoes and chinos ) that i met probably have a shirt of every other 6 nations team and just go to rome every year for a jolly and join in with the fans.

the last rugby fans i met ( believe they were something to do with blackheath had shirts and jackets on etc ) thought it was banter to have a shit on a train radiator - jolly good chaps
  • Options
    i might go on the bohs forum earlier and make a thread about how well england done at the world cup and see what sort of response i get :lol:
  • Options
    If you think that was me offended, you don’t know me.

I could play this game all day long & twice on Sundays but I have goats feet to deal with.

Go ahead with your bigotry & stereotyping. Seems the Irish, the Scots & the Welsh are fair game.

But for now all i’ll say is ‘hold ya whist’.

Doubt you’ll be able to but one can hope.