Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mansfield Cup replay - IFollow

The Mansfield site shows the replay being available on IFollow - https://www.mansfieldtown.net/matches/fixtures/first-team/201819/november/charlton-athletic-vs-mansfield-town-on-20-nov-18/

If that is right - and presumably it must be - then all I can say is the FA is playing an incredibly dangerous game.

Pay £10 - or less presumably for those of you with a foreign VPN - and watch in the warm on what is forecast to be a very cold night, particularly when we don't seem to take the Cup seriously and will possibly put out another under strength team. And no rushing to get there after work or long journeys home afterwards.

Attendances at games will surely plummet if this becomes widespread in the future.

Comments

• It's ok, its all part of the plan...
    The football business will collapse in on itself, with the TV money having filtered as far as it can and created an impass where no clubs can move up and none drop down.
    The powers that be will decide the 'game' needs a shot in the arm and eventually we'll have virtual matches, won't need to actually pay any real players and the fans will be sold on the fact you don't have to travel to a game and stand in the cold, there'll be no more injuries, though there will still be transfer fees so there will still be a plot for fans to follow, and the grounds will become media centres where fans can 'plug in'.

I have a hangover.
  • Must be a mistake on Mansfield website.
    Please note: Checkatrade Trophy matches are now available on iFollow, but there will be no Carabao Cup or FA Cup matches available to watch on the service.
    https://www.efl.com/broadcast-schedule/
  • I think it means commentary.
  • RedMist said:

It's ok, its all part of the plan...
    The football business will collapse in on itself, with the TV money having filtered as far as it can and created an impass where no clubs can move up and none drop down.
    The powers that be will decide the 'game' needs a shot in the arm and eventually we'll have virtual matches, won't need to actually pay any real players and the fans will be sold on the fact you don't have to travel to a game and stand in the cold, there'll be no more injuries, though there will still be transfer fees so there will still be a plot for fans to follow, and the grounds will become media centres where fans can 'plug in'.

I have a hangover.

It’s already happening (sort of). The boy used to spend hours watching YouTube videos of other people playing FIFA - wtf is that all about? Fortunately he’s discovered drinking on away days so he appreciates ‘live’ football more now... although it’s costing me a fortune as he’s not quite 18 yet so he rarely goes to the bar (or pays) :-/

• Didnt MK Dons show the League Cup tie against us on iFollow?
  • CatAddick said:

RedMist said:

I have a hangover.

It’s already happening (sort of). The boy used to spend hours watching YouTube videos of other people playing FIFA - wtf is that all about? Fortunately he’s discovered drinking on away days so he appreciates ‘live’ football more now... although it’s costing me a fortune as he’s not quite 18 yet so he rarely goes to the bar (or pays) :-/

Indeed, there's a generation growing up now where virtual reality is reality, and its far more accessible than real life, my kuds watch people on youtube opening things!!!
  • edited November 2018
    RedMist said:

CatAddick said:

RedMist said:

I have a hangover.

Indeed, there's a generation growing up now where virtual reality is reality, and its far more accessible than real life, my kuds watch people on youtube opening things!!!
    Like opening packs of match attack football cards.