Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Horrifying new crisp flavour

Comments

• Options

If only they were out when the crisp packet protest was taking place.

Would have caused a right old stink!
  • Options
    Can’t beat Tayto Cheese & Onion...or an old favourite, Roast Ox. Used to love em as a kid.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Wife bought a pack with three sprouts packets in it along with others. Just experimented with a bit of salt added and it doesn't help. If you had to guess the flavour, you would guess sprouts, but it doesn't work. Mind you I did finish the pack!
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Can’t beat Tayto Cheese & Onion

Yes you can. King Cheese and Onion.
  • Options
    cafc83 said:

I just cant imagine why anyone would want to eat sprout flavoured crisps

I love sprouts and crisps so I would.
  • Options
    I imagine a lot of people will be buying one packet to try them out!
  • Options
    I like sprouts, boiled for a few minutes. Indeed supermarkets now sell sprout trees which keep really fresh when compared to loose sprouts
  • Options
    Cheese and Onion > Ready Salted > Salt and Vinegar. All other flavours are pointless.

Sprouts are nice, but can't imagin why anyone would they crisps to taste of them. Not that Cheese and Onion crisps taste like cheese or onion.
  • Options

I like sprouts, boiled for a few minutes. Indeed supermarkets now sell sprout trees which keep really fresh when compared to loose sprouts

Yep, sprout trees are best

• Options
    Zombie Flavour would be worth discussing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They are a little green too - but the flavour is a bit too synthetic.

As opposed to those other natural flavours you get in crisps.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Can’t beat Tayto Cheese & Onion...or an old favourite, Roast Ox. Used to love em as a kid.

Tayto are probably my favourite Cheese and Onion
  • Options
    Pickled Onion and Roast Beef Monster Munch
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Spring Onion crisps nice too. I also like Worcester Sauce flavour.
  • Options
    thought they were OK

Anyone tried the Iceland Christmas Tree flavor
  • Options
    edited November 2018
  • Options
    Pickled Onion monster munch or frazzles for me
  • Options
    I've just bought some Walkers Sensations Wasabi and Ginger flavour, mmm interesting.
  • Options
    Got these a couple of weeks ago in a multipack of Sprouts, Turkey & Stuffing and Pigs in Blankets.

Eating a different packet during the bush tucker trials!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

Got these a couple of weeks ago in a multipack of Sprouts, Turkey & Stuffing and Pigs in Blankets.

I have also got some but haven't tried sprout flavour yet. Pigs in blanket flavour are good. Basically a Christmas dinner in crisp form in one multipack - Turkey & stuffing, pigs in blanket and sprouts. Saves on the cooking and washing up!
  • Options
    Hard to beat the Balsamic Vinegar flavour kettle chips - finger lickin' good!
  • Options

Brannigans Beef and Mustard flavour. Really chunky crisps with a great flavour

Do they still make these? can't find them anywhere.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    The monster much variety pack it the king of the multipack. All top flavours, a tough choice at every visit.
  • Options
    tom- k said:

I saw a pack in Poundworld recently before they went bust. Maybe Poundland do them.
  • Options
    Wilma said:

Addickted said:

I have also got some but haven't tried sprout flavour yet. Pigs in blanket flavour are good. Basically a Christmas dinner in crisp form in one multipack - Turkey & stuffing, pigs in blanket and sprouts. Saves on the cooking and washing up!
    That's my dinner sorted for tonight!
  • Options

cafc83 said:

Really Walkers, what were you thinking??

Has anyone tried these? A friend had a pack, I was so shocked that they existed I had to take a picture.

they were probably thinking that this would happen - discussions about their product. Looks like they were right!
    Plot twist - @cafc83 works in Walkers marketing.
  • Options
    cafc83 said:

Really Walkers, what were you thinking??

Has anyone tried these? A friend had a pack, I was so shocked that they existed I had to take a picture.

Hard to imagine they'll get anywhere near what sprouts really taste like but I'll definitely try em if I see em.

(most) People who claim to not like brussels sprouts fall into 2 camps: 1) those who were indulged by idiot parents who folded like a pack of cards at the first sign of personality from their little darlings and permitted the uppity little shites to waste perfectly good food; and 2) those who have never tasted sprouts that have been prepared to a decent standard, many many chumps massively over cook sprouts reducing them to pale soggy shadows of their proper brassica deliciousness. Cutting a cross in the bottom of sprouts before boiling is the work of witless numpties - far too much effort resulting in soggy misery. There is a considerable population in the overlap in the Venn diagram of those groups - hopeless parenting and lousy cooking of vegetables go hand in hand.
  • Options

Anyone remember hedgehog flavour crisps? They were really good.

The prospect of eating anything hedgehog flavoured always stuck in my throat.
  • Options

tom- k said:

I saw a pack in Poundworld recently before they went bust. Maybe Poundland do them.
    Poundland used to do 5 packs for a £1 but no longer stock them