Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Options

Plymouth have offered Mason a contract beyond this season.

• Options
    It has to be someone that has only just been released,

Bowyer said we couldnt afford them but now they have been released we can, so probably not someone who has been a free agent for a few months but someone who got released just before window shut.
  • Options

It has to be someone that has only just been released,

Bowyer said we couldnt afford them but now they have been released we can, so probably not someone who has been a free agent for a few months but someone who got released just before window shut.

That would suggest it is Mason IMO
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    why did Mason only play one game whilst on loan at Portsmouth this season I wonder?
  • Options
    edited February 2019

why did Mason only play one game whilst on loan at Portsmouth this season I wonder?

Yeah that worries me a bit but then maybe just didnt suit their system
  • Options

then why sign him then if the case BUT he'd played under Jackett at Wolves so I doubt that is the reason

• Options

Giles Barnes was well though of at one time

• Options
    Jay Simpson now available on a free
  • Options
    How many of these free agents would be prepared to sign only a six month deal because I think that’s all they will get offered by us. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    then why sign him then if the case BUT he'd played under Jackett at Wolves so I doubt that is the reason
    I guess sometimes a Manager will only find out if a player suits their system after they've signed them

All depends on your research that you do on a player really

Yann Kermorgant at Leicester compared with his time @ Charlton | Bournemouth | Reading is perfect example of that
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    3RD FEB, Free Agents -Tom Heardman, Gabby Agbonlahor, Darren Bent, Lacina Traore, Emmanuel Emenike, Victor Anichebe, Frederic Gounongbe, Fisayo Adarabioyo, David Olaoye, John Cofie, Kaylen Hinds, Giles Barnes, Nile Ranger, Aaron Collins, Giuseppe Rossi, Jean Alassane Mendy, Paul Taylor, Joe Mason, Islam Feruz

Never heard of most of them and not bothered if we don't sign any of them. As Bow said, no point in signing someone just for the sake of it unless he can improve the squad.
  • Options
    Mason scored at The Valley in the 5-4 game vs Cardiff
  • Options
     :s 
  • Options
    How many of these free agents would be prepared to sign only a six month deal because I think that’s all they will get offered by us. 
    Some may prefer six months pay and playing football over nothing at all.

• Options

Shop window
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    To get a six month contract from a League 1 club who are in the top 6 when you have been released and the reality of not having regular money paid into your bank! Most of those released players would bite your hand off unless they spent time in the premier and can afford to wait.

The days of getting 5 year contracts have disappeared from the lower divisions.

6 month contracts will be the norm going forward, it isn't great but then again nor is Zero hour contracts that many workers face in the modern day workplace.
  • Options
    If you back yourself to do well a six month contract gives you the opportunity to impress and get a better deal, higher club! I reckon that's what Williams is doing.
  • Options
    mason or erwin are top bets imo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a sad state of affairs that we have gone so low to be looking at players without contracts.

No reflection on certain players abilities but this cannot be right.
    Yes very sad and unnecessary considering the bloke's minted.
  • Options
    What a sad state of affairs that we have gone so low to be looking at players without contracts.

No reflection on certain players abilities but this cannot be right.
    Yes very sad and unnecessary considering the bloke's minted.
    He might have a lot of money but it's his money.  When you own a business/football club/etc. it run's on its own merits and make a profit or loss (even Chelsea are in this position now).  No successful businessman throws his own money at it unless he has an emotional attachment to it (or it's a growing, successful enterprise) and RD has publicly said he doesn't and wishes he'd never bought it in the first place!  All, or most of the, money he's put into Charlton has been in the form of loans from his parent company Staprix.
  • Options
    Mason was decent at Cardiff a few years back. Gone off the rails or just bad luck?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    3RD FEB, Free Agents -Tom Heardman, Gabby Agbonlahor, Darren Bent, Lacina Traore, Emmanuel Emenike, Victor Anichebe, Frederic Gounongbe, Fisayo Adarabioyo, David Olaoye, John Cofie, Kaylen Hinds, Giles Barnes, Nile Ranger, Aaron Collins, Giuseppe Rossi, Jean Alassane Mendy, Paul Taylor, Joe Mason, Islam Feruz
    Could make a world class strike force from some of those players. On Football Manager 2010
  • Options
    Should definitely be looking at Anichebe. You want a player who will fit in with the current squad, and he'll be right at home on our well-stocked and frequently attended physio table. 
  • Options
    I wouldn't want Nile Ranger as he would have more baggage than Joan Collins,
    Plus if Taylor, Parker, Reeco were unavailable he would play on his own up front.

The lone Ranger.
  • Options
    Our jam sandwich brigade would shit the bed if we signed Ranger. The blokes a complete wrongen.
    Marmalade jam and clean sheets please.

No problem per se in having a bad boy, Lee Bowyer was no angel, BUT guys who can't be arsed to get in to training on time and can't realize how lucky they are to  be paid to play football. A bad apple at this stage would affect the dynamics of the group.
  • Options
    Hopefully there’s a player or two in the important seats today.
    mason perhaps!🤞🏻
  • Options
    Ranger is trouble but probably better than anyone we have, bar Lyle