Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MySpace Bulletins re: Darren Bent

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
Obviously when I heard Dazza turned down West Ham, I was quite happy...knowing that a few West Ham fan who chirp on when their team do well are on my "friends list" on MySpace, i thought I'd write to them all...

"unlucky West Ham...

just shows you can throw all the money in the world you want, but you can't buy class, something that Darren has in abundance.

maybe its just that Benty doesn't want to play for a team of drunken gambling cheats "

to which one such fan replies....

never heard better news.
not coming to West Ham..
thankf*ck for that.
an underweight Marlon Harewood.

13 goals last season, how many from penaltys.
he wouldnt suit the slick west ham passing game,
he's used to playing neanderthal long ball football!

keep sloggin it out in the championship lads.
im sure the likes of preston and burnley will draw in mega crowds down at the valley.
heard your chairman is laying on several mini metros for the travelling fans this year.

now when I read this when I came in, I found myself actually getting a little angry at what he was saying...so I decided to write again under the title "Darren Bent: reprise)

77 appearances, 35 goals

Marlon Harewood (according to wikipedia)

142 appearances 47 goals...

including one season in the championship...

Darren Bent 2 England caps
Marlon Harewood 0

We will continue to slug it out in the championship, where West Ham should rightfully be if the FA actually did their job. I will remind you, the last 2 times that we've been down there we came up...even as champions one year.

I'm sure West Ham can be very proud of staying up by spending millions on the likes of lucas neill, matthew upson and boa morte who are on all about 75k a week. And by having a player or 2 that they didn't own. Very proud indeed.

Still for a team that won the world cup, I'd imagine just escaping relegation by cheating is quite a disappointment. What a good thing it was having some icelandic twat coming into save you, and having Alan "10 men behind the ball, one up front, i bought marcus bent for £2m" Curbishley. We'll see what happens when Bjork mark 2 with the massive forehead gets bored and West Ham are left with players like Nigel Quashie on 5 year contracts worth about 40k a week. Sounds like Leeds.

But I'm sure West Ham will be different. I'm sure they'll make Europe. They'll just have to do it by signing players who are actually legal this year.

obviously some of this won't be factually correct...but to be honest, he probably won't know this anyway.

Its made me very pleased Benty's turned down West Ham, as I would find it a lot easier to watch him play ANYWHERE else, than over at Upton Valley.

Comments

• Options
    "he wouldnt suit the slick west ham passing game,
    he's used to playing neanderthal long ball football!"

gawd didnt you feel like punching the screen.....

hw long has curbs been their manager?
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]"he wouldnt suit the slick west ham passing game,
    he's used to playing neanderthal long ball football!"

gawd didnt you feel like punching the screen.....

hw long has curbs been their manager?

They'll learn soon enough
  • Options
    nice one tricky dude, i make you right for writing that letter, i would add to that, that they are now worse than chelski, and if you tell them that i reckon it'll hit home!! lol