Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hit squads to seize drugs, phones & drones in prisons

2»

Comments

• Options
    McBobbin said:

How does a drug deal work in prison? Does a prisoner's family have to transfer money to the dealer? I dont suppose the prisoners carry too many readies

There’s some questions I really can’t answer on a public forum. Sorry McBobbin.
  • Options

McBobbin said:

How does a drug deal work in prison? Does a prisoner's family have to transfer money to the dealer? I dont suppose the prisoners carry too many readies

There’s some questions I really can’t answer on a public forum. Sorry McBobbin.
    No worries. I remember in that recent Prison documentary the dealer was waiting for a text to confirm if he had been paid. I'm sure there's plenty of different answers anyway
  • Options

JaShea99 said:

MrOneLung said:

I know prisons are fairly large but it always amazes me how they get so much contra band in there.

Me too. Also how the hell do they charge the phones they get in there?

JaShea99 said:

MrOneLung said:

I know prisons are fairly large but it always amazes me how they get so much contra band in there.

You’d be surprised what a prisoner can fit in his colon. If you ever get sent down never ask to borrow a charger because you’ll never know where it’s been retrieved from.
    Surely the prison cells don’t have access to a power socket ?

That was my point.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

MrOneLung said:

JaShea99 said:

MrOneLung said:

You’d be surprised what a prisoner can fit in his colon. If you ever get sent down never ask to borrow a charger because you’ll never know where it’s been retrieved from.
    Surely the prison cells don’t have access to a power socket ?

That was my point.
    Seems they do.

Prisons are seriously under resourced I realise that. Must be a really tough job but I really don’t get how so much contraband gets through.

• Options

@ShootersHillGuru because the career criminal fraternity who see a stretch inside as an occupational hazard, aided and abetted by their cohorts and often family are devious bastards. If you can imagine a hundred ways of trafficking into prisons then they can give you a thousand. The plastic shell from a Kinder egg can hold a lot of spice, a hollowed out pigeon carcass filled with four or five phones and a ounce of weed can easily be launched over a wall from the street overlooking the prison. A well piloted drone being directed from the inside can easily carry a bagful of goodies. When you’re housing 21st century criminals in 18th century buildings located in urban areas there are bound to be problems.

Of course I can’t deny that there are corrupt prison staff but the majority of those are not the ones in white shirts walking the landings. It could be education or civilian workshop instructors, psychologists. For those unlocking the doors of prisoners and working on the wings there is no upside of trafficking because where there’s drugs, where there’s phones, where there’s things that somebody wants there’s invariably violence, bullying, desperation and that makes our job so much harder than it should be. I can’t speak for my colleagues but when I do learn of officers who have crossed the line I get so angry because these are people I literally have to trust with my life and for every bit of whatever they bring in gets through increases the risk of me not getting home to Mrs AUN in one piece.

It’s a huge battle and I really don’t want to sound like a stuck record but the blame ultimately lies at the feet of the government and I don’t just mean this one. If, and I stress if, we want our prisons to be safe, secure and places of rehabilitation as well as punishment then there has to be a seismic rethink on how we do it and we have to fund it properly. Sadly I really can’t see more than the current model being persisted with for the foreseeable, dealing with the wild fires that smoulder and erupt occasionally. That is why I’d leave tomorrow if I could and why I’m actively looking for a way out. I’m forty six next month and the thought of spending the next twenty years in the environment I’m in now does nothing positive for my anxiety levels.

I dont doubt any of that. Thanks for taking time to reply.

• Options
    You’re welcome.
  • Options
    What are the best type of prisoners mate? I'm guessing you can't go old school anymore and have to talk to them and interact on a level with all of them at some point and either through regret, remorse or even just being an engaging and interesting person must mean that some of the prisoners are good company (to a point)