Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Player marks thread v Bristol R

Comments

• Ref 7

Steer 8
    Dijksteel 6.5
    Pearce 7
    Bauer 7.5
    Solly 7
    Lapslie 6.5
    Ward 8 MoM
    Bielik 6
    Aribo 7
    Grant 6.5
    Ajose 6

Fosu
    Marshall
    Hackett-Fairchild

• Ref 6

Steer 7.5
    Dijksteel 6
    Pearce 7
    Bauer 7
    Solly 6
    Lapslie 6
    Ward 8
    Bielik 6.5
    Aribo 6.5
    Grant 6
    Ajose 5.5

Fosu 5
    Marshall 5
    Hackett-Fairchild 5
  • Ref - 5.5, got quite a few calls wrong, including 3 blatant fouls by their number 9 who each time looked at the man, not the ball and fouled but got away with it, the third of which led to their goal.

Steer - 8 Best I've seen him. Excellent feet, as well as hands. No chance with their goal.
    Dijksteel - 7 Strong, good feet, typically finds a man. Developing well.
    Pearce - 7 Vocal, hard, won most aerial balls, some good stuff on the deck too.
    Bauer - 7 as Pearce.
    Solly - 6.5 out of position so can't criticise too much. Couple of fouls, but solid and good passing and movement in attacking moments. Brings important experience to the team.
    Lapslie - 6 Good game for him. Nothing spectacular, but no errors. Needed to wallop the ball when he had his chance. Great commitment and will hopefully build in confidence and ability.
    Ward 8.5 Motm. Great speed of thought. Strong, good running, excellent vision, excellent goal. Love him to stay. Always liked him.
    Bielik - 6 Was running the match first 20 mins, then they got wise to him. He then had less of the ball so could not impact as much. Shame, as he is one of the best in terms of strength and on the floor imo.
    Aribo - 6.5 Thought he lacked a bit of confidence and intent when in possession. But got the goal and worked hard.
    Grant - 6.5 Can't win the ball in the air, but strong hold up play at times. Made huge strides in his game in the last 12 months. Cool finish for the goal.
    Ajose - 6 Worked hard and decent on the ball, but seemed to lack a bit of strength at times. Should've scored first half. He needs to keep confident and believe in himself.

Fosu - 6 Looks a bit out of form, although he seemed to be doing more defensive work when he came on to help Solly. Perhaps still recovering from injury. Hope he hits form for the promotion run in, as he is one of the best players in the squad.
    Marshall - n/a
    Hackett-Fairchild - n/a
  • Ref was ok overall. But one small moan I'm afraid. The moment when he booked Pearcey. He should also have booked their keeper. It was six of one and half a dozen of the other. It didn't make a difference in the end. It's just a little consistentcy. You book one you have to book the other as well. But I am calm about because we won.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Ref 7

Steer 7
    Dijksteel 6.5
    Pearce 6.5
    Bauer 6
    Solly 7
    Lapslie 6
    Ward 7.5
    Bielik 6
    Aribo7
    Grant 7.5
    Ajose 6

Fosu 6
    Marshall 6
    Hackett-Fairchild

• Ref was ok overall. But one small moan I'm afraid. The moment when he booked Pearcey. He should also have booked their keeper. It was six of one and half a dozen of the other. It didn't make a difference in the end. It's just a little consistentcy. You book one you have to book the other as well. But I am calm about because we won.

No, Pearce was the aggressor. Stupid yellow, you can't do that.
  • edited November 2018
    Ref 6 Seen a lot worse

Steer 7.5 Far and away the best I've seen from him. An assist, two smart saves one to keep us in it, one to preserve our lead and no chance with the goal. Quality finish from Martin their 29.

Dijksteel 7 Got forward more but defended well on the whole too.

Pearce 6.5 loses .5 for a stupid booking. Otherwise pretty solid.

Bauer 7 Very good considering his lack of match time.

Solly 7 Usual consistent performance. Easy to forget he is playing out of position.

Lapslie 6.5 Covered every blade but just occasionally, unsurprisingly for an inexperienced player, looked a little exposed but stuck at it.

Ward 8 My MOM. Good goal out of nothing, good 'professionalism' as exemplified by his substitution antics and showed good vision even though Grant and Ajose didn't or couldn't get on the end of a lot of his passes.

Bielik 6.5 Unglamorous role for him today but he was a vital cog.

Aribo 7 Good performance faded a little second half

Grant 6.5 Fed off scraps but kept going and finished his one chance well. Think he may have been the one to tee Aribo up too but hard to tell from the Covered End.

Ajose 6.5 As Grant but without the goal. Nearly set Lapslie up.

Fosu 6.5 Started brightly and I believe it was his assist for Grant's goal

Marshall N/A

Hackett-Fairchild N?A
  • Ref 5

Steer 7.5
    Dijksteel 6
    Pearce 6
    Bauer 6
    Solly 6
    Lapslie 6.5
    Ward 7.5
    Bielik 7
    Aribo 7.5
    Grant 6.5
    Ajose 6.5

Fosu 6

No, Pearce was the aggressor. Stupid yellow, you can't do that.
    Pearce deserved his booking but so did the keeper. But Pearce has a bit firey temper. At Southend I thought he was gonna nut one of thier players during that brawl. He was fuming. But take that out of his game you have half the player.
  • Ref 7

Steer 8
    Dijksteel 7
    Pearce 7
    Bauer 7
    Solly 7
    Lapslie 6.5
    Ward 7
    Bielik 7
    Aribo 7.5
    Grant 6.5
    Ajose 6.5

Fosu 6
    Marshall 6
  • Sponsored links:

• Ref 7.5

Steer 7.5
    Dijksteel 5.5
    Pearce 7
    Bauer 7
    Solly 7
    Lapslie 7
    Ward 7.5
    Bielik 5.5
    Aribo 8
    Grant 6.5
    Ajose 6

Fosu 6
    Marshall 6.5
    Hackett-Fairchild
  • Ref 7 Thought he did OK

Steer 8 - Two key saves, gaining confidence
    Dijksteel 6 - Up and down performance
    Pearce 7 - Solid performance
    Bauer 7 Decent re-appearance
    Solly
    Lapslie 7 - Worked hard as always
    Ward 8.5 - MOM Always involved, took his goal well
    Bielik 6 - Some un-Bielik like mistakes
    Aribo 7 -
    Grant 6.5 -
    Ajose 5 - Ineffective, back on the bench once Taylor is available

Fosu 6 - OK but would have hoped for more
    Marshall
    Hackett-Fairchild
  • Ref: 6

Steer - 8 MOM
    Dijksteel - 7.5
    Pearce - 6.5
    Bauer - 6.5
    Solly - 6
    Lapslie - 6.5
    Ward - 7
    Bielik - 6.5
    Aribo - 7
    Grant - 6.5
    Ajose - 6

Fosu N/A
    Marshall N/A
    Hackett-Fairchild N/A
  • Ref 5

Steer 7
    Dijksteel 6
    Pearce 7.5
    Bauer 7
    Solly 7
    Lapslie 6.5
    Ward 7
    Bielik 6.5
    Aribo 7.5
    Grant 6.5
    Ajose 5

Fosu 6.5
    Marshall 6.5
  • Ref 5

Steer 7
    Dijksteel 6.5
    Pearce 7
    Bauer 7
    Solly 7
    Lapslie 7
    Ward 7.5
    Bielik 6.5
    Aribo 7
    Grant 7
    Ajose 6.5

Fosu 6
    Marshall
  • edited November 2018
    Steer 8.5 great save at an important stage and before that a terrific assist.
    Djiksteel 6.5 I like him, but not as a right back
    Pearce 6.5 Lacked quality at times but a leader
    Bauer 6.5 steady - good seeing he has just come back
    Solly 6 ok
    Lapslie 6 should have scored = lots of effort needs to increase quality slightly
    Ward 8 Great finish, faded a bit
    Bielik 7 looked good
    Aribo 7.5 Faded a little, but important player. Glad he scored - he should be scoring regularly
    Grant 6.5 Battled away - played better with Taylor = .5 added because he scored
    Ajose 6.5 A mixture, but I thought he did ok
    Fosu 6.5 Didn't do anything wrong and an assist
    Marshall Not long, but he is good defensively
    Hackett Fairchild no time to impress

Not a great display, just about good enough, and we missed Taylor. It is funny how we seem to make harder work of the weaker teams than we do the better teams!
  • edited November 2018
    Ref - 5

Steer - 9 for that assist and the fantastic one handed save he gets two extra marks.
    Dijksteel - 6.5
    Pearce - 6.5 made some errors which were unlike him but he still did well especially when we right under the cosh in the second half.
    Bauer - 7 solid
    Solly - 7 thought he made some great tackles. negative was that he got pushed off the ball a couple of times.
    Lapslie - 5.5 worked hard but wasn't really supporting the attack or the defence.
    Ward - 7 nice touch and finish. caused problems with him running behind their defence. needs to pass it better. has vision but lacks the final ball.
    Bielik - 5.5 - had the ball a fair bit. seemed isolated at the bottom of the diamond. needed support. gave the ball away far too much and got pushed off the ball a few times which is surprising for someone who's meant to be a big defensive player. then again he does come from arsenal.
    Aribo - 7 looked fantastic at times but goes out the game.
    Grant - 6 pace causes problems.
    Ajose - 5 - set pieces weren't great. not particularly threatening. when he scored all those goals are we sure he was defiantly playing for the Swindon first team? I mean he could pass for younger. like that bloke in his thirties at school.

Fosu - 5 disappointing cameo.
    Marshall - n/a
    Hackett-Fairchild n/a
  • Ref 5

Steer 8
    Dijksteel 6.5
    Pearce 6
    Bauer 6
    Solly 6
    Lapslie 5.5
    Ward 7.5
    Bielik 6.5
    Aribo 6.5
    Grant 6.5
    Ajose 5.5

Fosu 6
    Marshall 6
  • I don't understand how players marks (mind this time) can draw a LOL.
  • seth plum said:

I don't understand how players marks (mind this time) can draw a LOL.

Sorry- it was the Ajose scoring more than Dijksteel ; unnecessary- I apologise
  • Sponsored links:

• No problem. I simply vote consistently according to my own mental template each game.
  • Steer - 8: MoM - his two big moments helped us to take the three points
    Dijksteel - 6: drawn into the middle for their goal but he had little choice, given the lack of cover through the middle. A nice cross for the second goal
    Pearce - 6: solid but picked up a silly booking. We can't afford suspensions, although I think that Dr Kish may have said some time ago in the context of Lyle Taylor that the slate is wiped clean after Tuesday's Burton game
    Bauer - 6: a reassuring presence at the back. Reads the game very well. Let's hope that he and Pearce stay fit and that Roland doesn't cash in during the January window. I suspect that the BFG will be happy to run his contract down
    Solly - 6: did a good job for the team out of position. I liked his impersonation of Clarkey's rugby tackle
    Lapslie - 5.5: a little below par by George's standards but the midfield was misfiring generally after the first 25 minutes
    Ward - 7: a lovely finish and some very creative time wasting. He perhaps tries to find the 'killer pass' a little too often but he is certainly a positive player - and a huge irritant to the opposition
    Bielik - 5.5: a little off his game but, given that Lee Bowyer seems determined not to play Dijksteel in central midfield, we are going to have to persevere with Christian in this position, given his physicality and quality on the ball
    Aribo - 6: a quiet game for Joe but good to see him notching another goal. We need someone from midfield to get into double figures and he looks like he can do it
    Grant - 6: a difficult game for the forwards in the absence of our talismanic centre forward and a disjointed midfield
    Ajose - 5.5: tried hard but too easy to knock off the ball
  • Steer 7.5
    Dijksteel 8
    Pearce 6
    Bauer 6
    Solly 6
    Lapslie 6
    Ward 7.5
    Bielik 7.5
    Aribo 7
    Grant 8
    Ajose 7.5

Fosu 6
    Marshall 5.5
    Hackett-Fairchild 6
  • Ref - 8.5 One of the best I have seen in a long while.

Steer - 9 MOM, Quality save on 38 mins, assist for the first goal, Vital tip over towards the end.

Dijksteel - 8, I like him. he is getting better with more game time.

Pearce - 8, he is a proper defender

Bauer - 6.5, Thought he looked a bit lost at times.

Solly - 7, Does what it says on the tin

Lapslie - 6.5, missed a decent chance early on and seemed to drift in and out a bit.

Ward - 8, a very well taken goal

Bielik - 7, one or two little slip ups

Aribo - 7.5, Struggled a little in midfield, but a well placed header.

Grant - 7, scored the sort of goal that fans like, but he looked lost without Taylor

Ajose - 7, he was OK, but he is not the answer to any of our shortfalls

Fosu - 7, I wanted a bit more from him.

Marshall 7, a fair showing.

Hackett-Fairchild 7, a fair showing.
  • Ref 6 - Did OK, but a bit inconsistent

Steer 7 - Made important saves when it mattered, and a great assist!
    Dijksteel 6 - Did some things very well and looked naive at other times
    Pearce 6.5 - At his limits at times and outmuscled by Payne on occasion
    Bauer 6 - Rusty but dependable
    Solly 5.5 - A quiet but solid game
    Lapslie 4.5 - After his early miss (which he should have buried) looked like a rabbit in headlights
    Ward 7.5 (MoM) - Fantastic goal and a key player. Hilarious actions when subsitituted
    Bielik 7.5 - Way too good for this division, but is he a one trick (Cruyff-turn) pony?
    Aribo 6 - Off his game and missed a sitter, but at least he eventually scored
    Grant 5.5 - Was a waste of space until Ajose went off; I really had no confidence he was actually going to score until it hit the net, which is saying something!
    Ajose 4 - Ran about but no impact

Fosu 4.5 - An assist but little else; heart doesn't seem to be in it anymore
    Marshall 6 - Added some solidity on the right
    Hackett-Fairchild 5 - Ran about a lot to close defenders down but did little else

I thought we tried desperately hard not to win that game, when we were so much better than them when we wanted to be.
  • Ref - 4

Steer - 8 excellent
    Dijksteel - 6
    Pearce - 6
    Bauer - 7
    Solly - 6
    Lapslie - 5 missed a sitter, didn't get back as quickly as he should have
    Ward - 8
    Bielik - 7
    Aribo - 7
    Grant - 5 lost without Taylor
    Ajose - 5 lots of running but touch terrible

Fosu - 6
  • Ref 7

Steer 7.5
    Djiksteel 6
    Pearce 7
    Bauer 6.5
    Solly 6.5
    Lapslie 6.5
    Ward 7
    Bielik 6
    Aribio 7
    Grant 6.5
    Ajose 6

Fosu
    Marshall
    Hackett-Fairchild
  • Ref 5

Steer 8
    Djiksteel 7
    Pearce 7
    Bauer 6.5
    Solly 6
    Lapslie 6
    Ward 7.5
    Bielik 7
    Aribio 7
    Grant 7
    Ajose 6

• Ref 8

Steer 8.5 great save, great assist.
    Dijksteel 7
    Pearce 7 very stupid booking
    Bauer 7
    Solly 7
    Lapslie 6
    Ward 7
    Bielik 6
    Aribo 7
    Grant 6
    Ajose 5

Fosu 6
    Marshall 6
    Hackett-Fairchild

• edited November 2018
    Steer 8 - so much better of late and that ball to Ward was on the money. Could have even done it more often but very good yesterday
    Dijksteel 6.5 - done okay but he could’ve and should’ve got closer for the goal. He’s not a right back and wish we saw him at the base of midfield, he’d be incredible
    Pearce 7 - liked him yesterday, solid
    Bauer 7 - good to have him back, his passing is more progressive now than it used to be
    Solly 6.5 don’t really remember Sols doing much but was solid and came infield near the end to stay compact with Aribo dropping off
    Lapslie 6 - not his best game, worked hard but should’ve scored. He’ll get better
    Ward 8 - sublime goal, showed his class and his experience when subbed off. Hope he stays longer than January
    Bielik 7 - one too many Cruyff turns and moved the ball too slow at times, he is classy though, only 20!
    Aribo 7.5 - his goal on half time was so crucial, played well but not his best game
    Grant 7 starved of service but got one of the nicest, easiest goals he’ll have
    Ajose 6 - he knows he’s out the team for Tuesday, he worked hard but should’ve scored, shame as it could really have helped him out, a goal against Mansfield isn’t enough to give him confidence

Fosu 6 - set up Grants goal
    Marshall 6 - should’ve came on sooner in my opinion
    Hackett-Fairchild - something different up top, left footed and very fast, obviously not on long enough to give him a mark