Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jamie Ward’s goal

2»

Comments

• Options
    Fans of other clubs aren't happy with it wining goal of the weekend. Just a hoof and easy finish apparently.

• Options
    Stewart said:

Leuth said:

Stewart said:

Can't believe people are saying the touch was lucky or the keeper was to blame. Charlton player shows a great bit of skill and scores and it gets dismissed.

Correct - reminds me of the time when JJ got his 50th goal for us. The first player In one hell of a long time to do that. People here were debating it because one looked a little bit iffy.
    You mean, literally scored by Therry Racon?
    Yes you leave it. It was JJ’s goal.

It literally wasn't, unless you're changing the universally-held 'last touch off attacking player = their goal' maxim

I don't know what you're so wound up about anyway - JJ scored a few more after that, ending up with 54 Charlton goals
  • Options
    I don’t remember the goal, I’m just saying I remember people trying to take it away from him. Even when the club and all the football websites were saying Jackson’s goal.

Anyway, just so you know I’m not wound up.
  • Options
    Chill out Jimmy
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Scoham said:

Fans of other clubs aren't happy with it wining goal of the weekend. Just a hoof and easy finish apparently.

Love the Luton fans on there talking about their bloke who dribbled up the entire pitch for one of the goals - Shame that they forget that he didnt actually score off it and from the resulting shot it was nothing more than a tap in from Lee!!
  • Options

@golfaddick watch at 15 seconds in and you can see Ward crossing the halfway line well after the ball has been played. Well on-side. Also Rovers only have one player in their own half which I think also means he can't be off-side.
  • Options
    Brilliant goal by Jamie! Goals like that are why I liked him as a non-Charlton player!
  • Options
    Yes, some luck involved, but also ability - a lot of it. It frustrates me watching the often poor touches of strikers at this level.