Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Villa v Forest... GOAL FEST

2»

Comments

• Options

Uboat said:

It's like the 50s all over again.

Don't have to go that far back - Bristol Rovers 5 Charlton 5 was in the 70s. That was when we had to score 5 just to ensure a point though!
    Was there... 5-5 after 68mins.
    Me too, but forgot it was so early at 68 mins.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Uboat said:

It's like the 50s all over again.

Don't have to go that far back - Bristol Rovers 5 Charlton 5 was in the 70s. That was when we had to score 5 just to ensure a point though!
    Was there... 5-5 after 68mins.
    Me too, but forgot it was so early at 68 mins.
    Yes and we hit the bar In the last minute flash Flanagan I think.
  • Options

If you don’t think of Bristol Rovers away then you’re not pwopa Charlton

https://youtu.be/zSIXUuYon_w
  • Options
    BR3red said:

BR3red said:

Well done Morrison

Never good enough for the championship
    I was having a nice night @Henry Irving ....

Yann, Stephens, Morrison, Cousins..,,,

Grrrrrrrr

Since we sold Yann, he has made 148 appearances, scoring 48 goals.

I really fucking hate that little shit Driesen.
  • Options
    You and 200,000 others.
  • Options
    i seem to remember we drew 6-6 with Middlesbrough when i was a young lad - i think Brian Clough might have scored 5 for Boro.
  • Options

If you don’t think of Bristol Rovers away then you’re not pwopa Charlton

https://youtu.be/zSIXUuYon_w
    Very strange how life works.

We drew 5-5 away at Bristol Rovers in November 1978, with Peacock playing that day.

Last night Peacock was there for Solly’s testimonial evening, a November evening in 2018, and okay we wasn’t playing but an event was on instead and 40 years on there’s another classic 5-5 draw that people will talk about for years.

I just find it a little odd.
  • Options
    So exactly what part of Abrahams anatomy did the ball strike for his second goal? From the way he 'ran' off to celebrate it seemed pretty obvious!
  • Options
    Villa let me down for a BTTS/Win treble.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2018
    I know this is probably a bad idea and I will get raked for it, but I am curious about what people think.

College Football has become a very high scoring sport the last decade and its popularity (and money generated) have gone through the roof, since. Up 100%+.

NFL scoring is wayyyy up this season and TV ratings are up for the first time in years because of scoring. Look at the interest in Mahomes! It's because of his scoring.

No one here (or anywhere) has EVER posted a thread titled... "Forest v Villa... a scoreless fest."

Goals.... sell. And increasingly, they are in shorter supply.

So.... what if the goal net was expanded one foot (.3 meters) in all directions? Imagine if all shots off the post currently, were goals? I think it would add 2 goals per match. I suspect (actually, I am sure) it would increase its popularity enormously worldwide.

The most boring World Cup Final that I ever saw was Brazil/Italy here in the USA in 1994. Why?

Also, scoring is down in Europe and trending lower the last decade. And VAR will reduce it even further, as more goals will be called offside. 1-0 or 1-1 or 0-0.... these rarely draw fans. The fact this thread even exists proves that people like scoring. So why not give em what they want, within reason?