Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Doncaster | Sat 01 Dec | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Baldy called it 2-1.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Is Jamie Ward out?

Not that am aware of... think its more the fact its his turn to be forgotten by me as nearly always forgot to put a player either in the team or on the bench when writing a Preview
  • Options
    Would love to win this and then draw a big premier team at home in round 3. All our players seem to be tired, heavy pitch etc but I rarely here the opposition manager with such problems? Joys of a small squad. Last thing we want is a replay so I am going 1-1.
  • Options
    We don’t do cups.
  • Options
    Don't want a draw as I'm looking forward to a December's evening trip to the coast.

Should piss this with a first team, so imagine we'll lose with kids.
  • Options

expect doncaster to play a weakened side although they do not have a game tuesday, there next 2 are bristol rovers a then a derby of scunthorpe at home, i would like to see us get to the 3rd round get one of the premier league big boys away have a day out lose by a small margin then save the wembley trip till may and get promoted via playoffs.

what will be quite annoying is resting players saturday to be turned over badly by pompey on tuesday.

We've got Pompey Tuesday week 11th Dec.
    so we have my mistake
  • Options
    An excellent preview and predictions piece on the FA Cup 2nd Round here:

http://d3d4football.com/fa-cup-2nd-round-preview-predictions-by-ian-bradley/
  • Options
    Looking at the Doncaster Rovers teams against Chorley x 2 and the subsequent League games basically other than one small change the same team played. They named a full strength side in each game. So this result is likely to depend on which team we decide to field although fatigue may play a small part with the Doncaster team in the second half as they have plenty of games with the same team.
  • Options
    whatever we do just don't want a draw as could well do without another midweek game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:

Personally think that Ward will play some part, we have a week between this game and the Blackpool one so it’s not a three day turnaround. Not a clue about the rest of the team to be honest, think that Bows could definitely change a lot of the team. We also can have seven subs, so I would assume that players like Maloney will be in the squad, as will Reeves.

My complete guess of the team would be something like:

Phillips
    Dijksteel Bauer Sarr
    Marshall Lapslie Clarke Stevenson
    Ward
    Ajose Taylor

Steer, Pearce, Maloney, Morgan, Reeves, Fosu, Grant

Team could easily switch into a 4-1-2-1-2 with Dijksteel at the base of the diamond and Marshall dropping to right back, if necessary.
    I'd really love Dijksteel to get a run out at the base of the diamond. I can't see it happening unfortunately.
  • Options
    Not bothered. Not going.....probably 1st home game missed for years.

If we win we're probably draw another League 1 team in the 3rd round.....or Millwall away. If Donny win they'll get Man City at home.

• Options

Not bothered. Not going.....probably 1st home game missed for years.

If we win we're probably draw another League 1 team in the 3rd round.....or Millwall away. If Donny win they'll get Man City at home.

Sure, we’ll get a premier league side in round 3 - Palace!
  • Options
    Happy to be corrected, but thinking back over the last 15 years or so, I can only remember Spurs and Fulham as decent 3rd round ties for us. Can’t see why this year will change if we do win today ... non-prem team awaits I would imagine.
  • Options
    There's way too much positivity on here about our chances. Just back Doncaster and enjoy your winnings.
  • Options

There's way too much positivity on here about our chances. Just back Doncaster and enjoy your winnings.

LOL

But to be fair more often than not it seems when we have one of these posts before games when people are positive about a game we lose. And more often than not it seems when people are negative about a game we win. People were positive about Bristol about Bristol Rovers last weekend. So on balance we might not be so lucky today as it is bound to change. But I have a nasty feeling this is going to an unndeed replay up there on a midweek evening which we will win on spot kicks.
  • Options

Happy to be corrected, but thinking back over the last 15 years or so, I can only remember Spurs and Fulham as decent 3rd round ties for us. Can’t see why this year will change if we do win today ... non-prem team awaits I would imagine.

Here is a brief look at our history of FA Cup second round ties:

https://castrust.org/2018/11/the-thrills-of-the-fa-cup-second-round/
  • Options
    Tight game but think we'll take it 2-1
  • Options
    As I’m with my son this weekend we thought we would go to the game. We would normally sit in north upper (not open) maybe the east stand (not open) or at a push in the middle of the west stand (tickets are showing as available but you can’t actually buy most of them). Well done.
  • Options
    Dont know what the fuss is about getting a big team in the 3rd round,are premier league reserve sides classed as big teams,if we got Man City at home,would we see Aguero,Silva and his mates,I doubt it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am about to leave. If we don't play the strongest team we can muster anything better than a beating will be a surprise.
    I want to, but don't expect to after today, progress in this competition.
  • Options
    Bowyer plays a shite side and we lose 1-0 , and Doncaster get Spurs away in 3rd round.
  • Options
    Deja vu
  • Options

Dont know what the fuss is about getting a big team in the 3rd round,are premier league reserve sides classed as big teams,if we got Man City at home,would we see Aguero,Silva and his mates,I doubt it.

From what i recall, Spurs played pretty much their full strength team v Wimbledon last season, certainly Kane scored. Even Man Citys resevres is sure to contain at least 8 Internationals
  • Options
    Won’t be on ifollow, will it?
  • Options
    Nope might be a betting stream tho? Altho it’s Saturday 3pm so maybe not UK

any team news yet?
  • Options

Want it away anyway, better day out
  • Options
    Very excited about the prospect of being hammered by Man City reserves in the next round.

It's the magic of the FA Cup.
  • Options
    Looks like anfernee, sarr and Toby at the back with Marshall and reeves wing backs