Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ballon D’or 2018 (Modric Winner)

13»

Comments

• Options

Ok if we are ever picking teams on the playground you can have Kante & Modric and i'll take Messi & Ronaldo and we will see who wins...

Who will you have in Midfield with Messi and Ronaldo ;)
  • Options

Will never forget Modric's performance against us in the F A Cup in 2011 when he came on as a second-half sub and completely changed the game. He was untouchable that afternoon and had the speed of thought and balance we once saw briefly from Allan Simonsen (former European Player of the Year).

Modric in that game is probably the only world class player we've faced since relegation from the PL in 2007...
    We played against Kyle Walker and Harry Maguire when they were at Sheffield United (not that either are at the same level as Luka) - Or do you mean he's the last we've faced when he was already World Class and not showing potential as a youngster
    Yes, I was thinking of players already at that high level. Glamorous cup ties since relegation in 2007 haven't exactly been a regular thing, indeed I'm struggling to think of too many games against PL opposition full stop
    Didn't we play palars recently in the cup .... not quite world class though.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Just seen VVD is odds on favourite to win 2019 now, when was the last time a defender won this

Edit: just looked it was Cannavaro in 2006