Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BENiTez

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
LINK: Benitez could quit Liverpool over lack of transfer funds
The American tycoons are reported to be at loggerheads over the transfer budget. The first signs of conflict came after Liverpool pulled out of the £17m race to sign Charlton and England striker Darren Bent.

Comments

• Options
    The Standard running a non-London football story. What a shocker!
  • Options
    £100m!! Give me a 100m or i'm off. He's got a cheek hasn't he?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]£100m!! Give me a 100m or i'm off. He's got a cheek hasn't he?
    I don't think so to be honest. if they want to be Premiership challengers they need that money. When the yanks came in they promised him the funds would be available to mount a serious title challenge. They are still a fair bit behind Man U and Chelsea and £100m will get them 3 world class players as well as a few cover players to take them onto the next level.

he has got them to two CL finals in 3 years (with one win) which can't be sniffed at. if they can get the league form right with a decent blend of players they will really be challenging as i think Rafa has the tactical nous over most managers in the world.