Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fiendish Festive Football Quiz

Comments

• Options
    Bit of a guess but 76 - Burnley? Can only see them as ones left with similar colours.
  • Options
    90 - Rochdale?
  • Options
    85 - Bolton Wanderers?
  • Options
    63 - Sheffield United
  • Options
    60 - Yeovil Town
  • Options
    61 - Derby County
  • Options

61 - Derby County

Under Brian Clough
  • Options
    62 - Sheffield United
  • Options
    Stig said:

61 - Derby County

Under Brian Clough
    Yeah suddenly came to me, kicking myself for not getting it sooner
  • Options
    13. Yeovil?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    39 is Workington, i.e. not a current league club either. Wires crossed somewhere?
  • Options
    90. Southend
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    63 - Sheffield Wednesday
  • Options
    81 - Rochdale
  • Options
    62 Barnsley
  • Options

40 - Swindon Town

Spartans were their original nickname, Railwaymen and Signalmen refer to the town's railway heritage, Quarternasters because they used to wear quartered shirts and Robins for wearing red. Moonrakers refers to a magnificant local tale whereby two local smugglers getting caught retrieving a brandy barrel from a lake late at night, persuade and exciseman that they are a couple of yokel simpletons trying to rake cheese (moonlight) from the lake!
  • Options
    39 Doncaster
  • Options
    72 - Gillingham
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Stig said:

40 - Swindon Town

Spartans were their original nickname, Railwaymen and Signalmen refer to the town's railway heritage, Quarternasters because they used to wear quartered shirts and Robins for wearing red. Moonrakers refers to a magnificant local tale whereby two local smugglers getting caught retrieving a brandy barrel from a lake late at night, persuade and exciseman that they are a couple of yokel simpletons trying to rake cheese (moonlight) from the lake!
    You should have left the Robins off the Q as their modern day nickname was what allowed me to get it
  • Options

39 is Workington, i.e. not a current league club either. Wires crossed somewhere?

Good answer, and thanks for spotting an error. Question should read, Which club replaced New Brighton Tower in the league, recording their highest ever league finish in their debut season ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Stig said:

40 - Swindon Town

You should have left the Robins off the Q as their modern day nickname was what allowed me to get it
    I did think about that actually, but I thought the overall quiz was looking too difficult.
  • Options
    rananegra said:

72 - Gillingham

The Royal Engineers came from Chatham
  • Options
    rananegra said:

39 Doncaster

7th in the Second Division 1901-2, it's been downhill since then.
  • Options
    rananegra said:

81 - Rochdale

A total of 48 seasons
  • Options
    45 must be Chelsea?
  • Options
    85 - Forest?
  • Options
    Well done everyone, just five to get now:

13. In 2004 a song based on Rolf Harris' Two Little Boys reached #36 in the UK singles chart. It celebrated which new league club?
    23. The President of which club won once lost a high profile court case against the (now) Prime Minister of Pakistan?
    26. What is the only league team to have had a polka dot home kit?
    70. At over 20 stone, William Henry "Fatty" Foulke is the heaviest player to have played in the football league. He made 299 appearances for which club?
    79. Which midlands club used to share its name with a type of butterfly?
  • Options
    79 must be Birmingham?
  • Options
    13 - Yeovil
    23 - Yeovil
    26 - Yeovil
    70 - Yeovil

:wink:
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

79 must be Birmingham?

Yes, Small Heath.