Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Have been really disappointed with him since he joined

Dont get me wrong I like him as a player, think he's a hard worker but dont think he's quite good enough for us

Almost looked relieved when he finally scored his first goal at the Valley on Saturday though
  • Options
    What a great attitude- he always works hard and on Saturday he got his reward.
    Lovely guy to
  • Options
    could reinvent himself as a decent right back I reckon
  • Options
    Biggest problem with Marshall is that we signed an attacking winger who could beat a player, chip in with the occasional goal and create goalscoring opportunities. He is simply no longer that player.

Still has a part to play though and to honest thought he would be a Bowyer type player, someone who gives 100% and will battle.
  • Options
    He always comes across so well in interviews, and I really like the bloke. It just hasn't worked since he's been here. For a chalk on your boots winger he's looked sluggish and awkward on the ball and his delivery has been poor. But there have been some signs of things turning around in recent weeks, and I really, really hope they do. Having him in form coming on as a substitute to run at tiring teams makes us much better.
  • Options
    Had high hopes when he joined but overall he's disappointed. Good work ethic but hasn't provided the attacking threat I expected.
  • Options
    A Bradford fan i know was gutted when they lost Marshall, but wasnt at all bothered about clarke leaving! Hes struggled with injuries and form, and ive not been particularly impressed the few times ive seem him tbh. But..hes worked his way back into bows plans and seems to have taken criticism on board. Nice goal on Saturday too. He works hard and will be an important player over the next couple of months i think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After a somewhat disappointing start to his time with us, he is now showing how much he wants to play his part in this squad and fight for a regular place in the team.

IMO he is a work in progress but gaining confidence with every appearance. Saturday's goal will have increased that & I was so pleased that he scored in front of the faithful. He really needs to play regularly now.

A player who loves to take on defenders & who has incredible speed.

What's not to like ?
  • Options
    He is an out and out winger. Robinson signed him, bigged him up and then failed to play him as a winger. He didn't fit Robinson's nonsense 4-2-3-1.

• Options
    I thought he was MoM against Donny even scored!
  • Options
    Was well pleased for him. Imagine he was told by Bowyer his playing time will be limited this season yet has kept going. The only issue I have is his crossing, but he put in a very good performance against Donny this season and I thought he was superb against Blackburn at home last season

Would much rather have him in contention than Fosu at the moment who I think has gone right off the boil and doesn’t seem to be too bothered either
  • Options

He is an out and out winger. Robinson signed him, bigged him up and then failed to play him as a winger. He didn't fit Robinson's nonsense 4-2-3-1.

I think that's harsh, he played pretty regularly when fit under Robinson. He was meant to be the one providing width with the other two in the attacking line and the center forward interchanging. The problem is that the latter didn't happen, and Marshall looked so bereft of confidence and technical ability.
  • Options

Not having the blame put on Robinson for this one. Fosu played down the wing, as did Holmes and both did well. Marshall has failed to impress in the majority of games he has played down the wing.
  • Options
    I’ve seen him trying really hard but without it quite clicking for him, he seems to ha e regained a yard or half yard of pace.

He burnt off his defender a couple of times Saturday with ease. Not yet fully composed for crosses.

Interesting to read he would naturally have cut inside but Bowyer had been getting him to let it come across and shoot across, he tried it and scored,

Not going to hurt his chances of more game time unde his Gaffer is it.
  • Options

Biggest problem with Marshall is that we signed an attacking winger who could beat a player, chip in with the occasional goal and create goalscoring opportunities. He is simply no longer that player.

Still has a part to play though and to honest thought he would be a Bowyer type player, someone who gives 100% and will battle.

Agreed although there were moments against Doncaster when he looked like that, albeit from full back
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Agreed although there were moments against Doncaster when he looked like that, albeit from full back
    Hopefully he can rediscover some of it, certainly not ruling him out.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    When you have a small squad it drifts towards square pegs in round holes and in a pukka 4-4-2 he would be decent but having said that I think he would be an effective RB, as would Waggy.