Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Restaurants...help

2»

Comments

• Options
    Took the girlfriend to The Aviary in Finsbury Square two weeks ago. Both thought it was great. It's a rooftop restaurant.
  • Options
    Ristorante Frescobaldi
  • Options

Took the girlfriend to The Aviary in Finsbury Square two weeks ago. Both thought it was great. It's a rooftop restaurant.

You took a bird to a roof top aviary ?
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    CAFCsayer said:

Went to Hide on Thursday, was very good

Blimey, if Hide fits the ‘not too poncy’ discription above I would love to know where you usually eat out! Their staircase cost more than my house! 😀

It’s very good but pricey-as would be expected given their wine list must be amongst the best in London.

The Ivy Cafe in Soho is nice, 2Veneti on Wimpole is good food but likely full of suits, have heard good things about blacklock in SoHo.

If you want quiet drinks pre or post then there is a hotel bar at the top of St Georges Hotel called The Heights (opposite the Langham on Regent St) which has superb views, only ever had coffee there and it is about £3.50-£4 a cup so not cheap.

Having said all that, the one place I want to try is the YMCA hostel in Russell Sq which has an Authentic Indian which costs something like £5 a meal and has had great write ups.
  • Options
    OK Thanks All.

Slight technical error.....finally got a booking confirmed for the meal at one of the above (I wont say which as to not hurt the feelings of those that kindly offered help!)

Mentioned last night that I had confirmed the restaurant booking for tomorrow to which I received "You mean bar right, we're not eating"

Course it was just a slip of the tongue!

No real time to look today, but found an available table at 'Eve' in Covent Garden......anyone know whether its any good?!

What kinda idiot tries to find a bar booking less than a week before Xmas (Don't answer that thanks)
  • Options

OK Thanks All.

Slight technical error.....finally got a booking confirmed for the meal at one of the above (I wont say which as to not hurt the feelings of those that kindly offered help!)

Mentioned last night that I had confirmed the restaurant booking for tomorrow to which I received "You mean bar right, we're not eating"

Course it was just a slip of the tongue!

No real time to look today, but found an available table at 'Eve' in Covent Garden......anyone know whether its any good?!

What kinda idiot tries to find a bar booking less than a week before Xmas (Don't answer that thanks)

My missus works in events, you'd be surprised.
  • Options
    not in london but couldn't find another thread, stopping over in the woolpack in tenterden start of match any shouts for a decent restuarant within walking/short taxi journey distance.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

not in london but couldn't find another thread, stopping over in the woolpack in tenterden start of match any shouts for a decent restuarant within walking/short taxi journey distance.

The West House in Biddenden (not too far away) is the best restaurant in Kent by a country mile IMO. The 6 course tasting menu is stunning.
  • Options

The Woolpack itself. We went there for my mate’s 50th. Stayed there, did the Chapel Down tour and then went back and had dinner there. The weekend we were staying there they had been written about in one of the unnamed posh papers. The landlord showed us.

We ate in the back restaurant. Was very nice. Nice pub. Rooms just ok.
  • Options
    The Swan restaurant at the Chapel Down vineyard is pretty good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Flat Iron is very good food for very little money.

No bookings though, so put your name down and go and have a drink or two elsewhere...
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

The West House in Biddenden (not too far away) is the best restaurant in Kent by a country mile IMO. The 6 course tasting menu is stunning.
    Just checked out their website, looks stunning! The deal with the room looks good too. I guess getting a room is difficult seeing as there are only four?
  • Options

Flat Iron is very good food for very little money.

No bookings though, so put your name down and go and have a drink or two elsewhere...

have been here, the no reservation thing can be annoying but as poster says can go off and have a couple of drinks then come back - only thing is its pretty sqaushed inside
  • Options
    Riviera said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Just checked out their website, looks stunning! The deal with the room looks good too. I guess getting a room is difficult seeing as there are only four?
    Have never stayed there. Have eaten there 3 or 4 times now though and the food has been brilliant every time.