Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunderland Til I Die - Netflix

Comments

• Options
    Glad I watched the series before reading this thread. All the holes people have picked out completely flew over my head
  • Options
    Binge-watched this in a day, thought it was brillliant
  • Options
    I thought it was rubbish. Poorly produced on many levels. Considering it was over eight episodes it really could have been fleshed out rather than dragged out.

I don't understand what all the fuss has been about, probably explains why I don't watch much TV.
  • Options
    I watched it on the train to and from work. As a football supporter I found it interesting but I imagine to the non supporter it was as boring as dishwater. Not the sort of program my wife would watch with me.
  • Options
    Hopefully they'll be too focused on looking good for the cameras rather than concentrating on the game!!
  • Options
    Will really look forward to watching it if we win. 
  • Options
    Wonder what kind of plot armour Netflix will come up with when we smash them off the park 8 nil 
  • Options
    Occurred to me that we are going to be painted as the bad guys standing in their way in the finale 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last one was released just before Xmas. Nice Christmas treat watching that then!
  • Options
    actually watched this yesterday as was hungover and a sofa day was needed - quite interesting
  • Options

• Options
    Dave2l said:

That photo is from episode 5.

Sunderland at home to Barnsley 31st December 2017. Championship relegation threat fixture.

A kid wearing a Charlton hat?? Huh
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Dave2l said:

That photo is from episode 5.

Sunderland at home to Barnsley 31st December 2017. Championship relegation threat fixture.

A kid wearing a Charlton hat?? Huh
    There were a lot of inaccuracies in their crowd shots in S1 if I remember rightly (people clearly at a match taking place in the summer supposedly reacting to something that took place in a match in January).

I actually didn’t think the first series was amazing, it was a bit football for people that don’t know much about football, but I guess because it gave us a rare look behind the scenes it still had enough about it to be interesting.  
  • Options
    Also a Blackpool and Aston Villa fan in that crowd shot. 
  • Options
    I never saw Fashanu or Jones as intimidating, if I was playing on a Sunday against either of those they wouldn't have bothered me in the slightest. Keane, Souness those two had a real edge of genuine, nasty violence about them as did our own Lee Bowyer they would have been horrible to compete against and would have brought out the worst in me. The Leicester centre half Walsh was a genuine hard man and no centre forward wanted any part of him
    Agree with that. Van den Hauwe, Mark Dennis, Thommo and any number of 80s players were harder than Fashanu and Jones.
    Billy Bremner, Ron Harris.
  • Options
    Rodwell was a disgrace . Contract or no contract . He’s exactly what’s wrong with football today . Fact
    You’re looking at the symptom not the cause. Sunderland and other farcically run clubs - including our own - create these situations by handing out these ridiculous contracts in the first place. How did he not have a relegation clause put in there? Why a flat £70,000 per week, why not make it contingent on appearances? True, Rodwell may have behaved like an arse but the club allowed him to do it by creating a situation where they carried all the risk and him none.
    If I remember correctly, Paul Stewart was at Liverpool and eventually left to go to Tottenham.  At one point he said that he was not going to leave Liverpool for another club and then be worse off.

He made no bones about the contract he was on, even though he was not playing too much football.

I always had a bit of respect for him after that with his honesty.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also a Blackpool and Aston Villa fan in that crowd shot. 
    Now just needs somebody to identify that one of the fans was speaking with a ‘Dick Van Dyke’ Cockney accent...
  • Options
    Rodwell was a disgrace . Contract or no contract . He’s exactly what’s wrong with football today . Fact
    You’re looking at the symptom not the cause. Sunderland and other farcically run clubs - including our own - create these situations by handing out these ridiculous contracts in the first place. How did he not have a relegation clause put in there? Why a flat £70,000 per week, why not make it contingent on appearances? True, Rodwell may have behaved like an arse but the club allowed him to do it by creating a situation where they carried all the risk and him none.
    If I remember correctly, Paul Stewart was at Liverpool and eventually left to go to Tottenham.  At one point he said that he was not going to leave Liverpool for another club and then be worse off.

He made no bones about the contract he was on, even though he was not playing too much football.

He went from Spurs to Liverpool. He refused to leave on a permanent deal and spent the last 2 years of his Liverpool contract out on loan before signing for Sunderland. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

He went from Spurs to Liverpool. He refused to leave on a permanent deal and spent the last 2 years of his Liverpool contract out on loan before signing for Sunderland. 
    Good, confirmed I was correct but wrong on the clubs.
  • Options
    I really enjoyed the show. 

I think season 2 (a season that will have a lot of Charlton recognition)

Is released on Netflix in November
  • Options
    Watched the first few episodes... Would love each club to make their own version each season as it was a really refreshing look behind the closed doors of football.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Out of the 18 man squad that started that game 9 remain with the club I don’t think we have much to laugh about and will likely come back and bite us on the ass. 
    Who cares.

I still sing "sha la la" to my Nigel mate and it still winds him up.
    fair play but palace are a rival and that was brilliant

taking the piss out of other clubs when we are under one of the biggest laughing stock owners in the english league system is the bit i find strange.