Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ryan Blumberg leaves

From his instagram account.

Lots of good luck messages from other players

ryan_blumbergAfter thinking long and hard about my future over the past couple months, I have decided to leave @cafcofficial in order to pursue other opportunities elsewhere. I’m extremely grateful and humbled to have been given my first professional contract and first team appearance at Charlton Athletic. It’s been an unbelievable experience and I have learnt so much both on and off the football pitch. It’s only the beginning 💫
gregorymitchinsonGood luck with your next move brother
castroosters🌟🌟
gregellerine1To bigger and better things 💪
myerbevanStar boy, star boy yeah that’s you. Keep flying high lil G 🦍👑💫
benjygishenOnwards and upwards 💪🏼
lyle_taylor33All the best Rhino ❤️👊🏽💪🏽
shurikofficial13🇮🇱?
lukecarey_Deserve all the success in the world mate, make the most of it and good luck in your new journey bro 🙌🏼
brad_paikin💯💯
lewiswestlake22All the best mate. Top man 👏👍🏻
tykatzYour face in the 4th photo is everything ❤️
_addicksAll the best❤️
billyclarke7Your attitude and work ethic will take you there mate!! All the best and well done. P.S don’t ever touch my food again 😆😆👊🏻👊🏻
albiemorgan_Good luck brother 🙌
jason06pearceAll the best ry. You got a great attitude and that will take you a long way. Don’t change. Good luck in your new adventure pal 💪🏻
taymaloneyyGood luck bro💪🏼
niccininja💕
jared_goldi💪🙌
lewispage3Good luck mate, top lad!! Keep grafting away 👊🏼
danielbowry8Good luck ry🤟🏽
ariah_michelGood luck mate 🔥🙌🏽
joner1on1footballtraining❤️❤️
alon.rubin💯💯
gidizimLegend ❤️❤️

Comments

• Options
    Surprised.
    Is this departure immediate?
    I thought he was/is a decent prospect with a really good attitude.
  • Options

Judging by the comments there it appears he has a rather large family (lots of brothers).

inc. Albie Morgan and Taylor Maloney

Wonder if he's going on a deep trip to work out his family tree
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Surprised.

Didnt we sign him from the Nike Academy like with Dijksteel?
  • Options

seth plum said:

Surprised.

Didnt we sign him from the Nike Academy like with Dijksteel?
    Yes we did.
  • Options

Judging by the comments there it appears he has a rather large family (lots of brothers).

Are we all not brothers and sisters?
  • Options

Sure, bro.
  • Options
    Good luck fella.
    One or two things there that bother me slightly.
    He mentions good luck to a couple of guys who he says in their new venture”. Jason Pearce being one, though I can’t fathom out who the others are......Mmmmm, make of that what you will.
  • Options
    Thought he looked tidy in pre-season. But he seems to be behind Stevenson, Yao, and maybe Bowry in the pecking order.

I'll say this, at various points this season Bowyer has not named a full bench. Blumberg has often been one who I thought could have been named on the bench. Was he ready? Maybe, maybe not. Might it have just been ceremonial? Possibly. But would it have given the lad a boost? Quite possible as well. Obviously I don't know if this factored in his thinking at all, but I think it's something worth noting. I felt the same when Sarmiento left (though I think that probably played even less of a role).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Good luck fella.
    He mentions good luck to a couple of guys who he says in their new venture”. Jason Pearce being one, though I can’t fathom out who the others are......Mmmmm, make of that what you will.

At the risk of a whoosh - Jason Pearce is simply replying to Ryan by saying good luck in his adventure...

"Its only the beginning" is the end of Ryan's post
  • Options

Good luck fella.

That is Jason Pearce wishing Blumberg good luck in his (Ryan's) new venture.
  • Options
    Anyone know where he is going , is he going on x factor?
  • Options

Good luck fella.

That is Jason Pearce wishing Blumberg good luck in his (Ryan's) new venture.
    Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

• Options

Good luck fella.

At the risk of a whoosh - Jason Pearce is simply replying to Ryan by saying good luck in his adventure...

"Its only the beginning" is the end of Ryan's post
    Ok, thanks for that.

• Options

Yes, just don't accept sweets from "Uncle @DaveMehmet " he might not have washed his hands. ;)
  • Options
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c1a78f96d170/u23s-defender-accepts-scholarship-at-university-of-maryland

He will start this in the new year. Interestingly he's effectively left us already, as he's currently back with his family in Australia
  • Options
    WIOTOS
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I assume this confirms the Aussie takeover is off :)
  • Options

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c1a78f96d170/u23s-defender-accepts-scholarship-at-university-of-maryland

He will start this in the new year. Interestingly he's effectively left us already, as he's currently back with his family in Australia

Bloomin' heck we're now getting to see the MLS Stars of the Future!!!

He's the second to go over to the United States after Alex Willis in the summer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bloomin' heck we're now getting to see the MLS Stars of the Future!!!

He's the second to go over to the United States after Alex Willis in the summer
    Spot on FA.
    Bradley Wright-Phillips is now a legend in the MLS.
  • Options
    As someone who's played NCAA Soccer, he will have a worldie. 4 years of fighting off American women.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

As someone who's played NCAA Soccer, he will have a worldie. 4 years of fighting off American women.

Oh, where'd you play VG?

Also, UM is a good school in general, and has a decent soccer program. Alex Willis and Tosan Popo both went to much smaller schools. But this is a Div. I program who has produced full internationals.

And yeah, agree he will probably look really good both on the pitch and with the ladies/gentlemen. Especially with an Aussie accent. Woof. It's just unfair.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    "Sterooff mate, I've seen more bottled water back in Wallermaloo..."
  • Options

My best mate can also confirm this. 😂
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Oh, where'd you play VG?

Also, UM is a good school in general, and has a decent soccer program. Alex Willis and Tosan Popo both went to much smaller schools. But this is a Div. I program who has produced full internationals.

And yeah, agree he will probably look really good both on the pitch and with the ladies/gentlemen. Especially with an Aussie accent. Woof. It's just unfair.
    I went to the beautifully named Slippery Rock University in Pennsylvania. Div 2, but we won the Penn State Conference and went to Nationals, ended up losing to NY Tech. First state Championship for the school in 32 years and i was top scorer. Loved every single second of it. The people, the atmosphere, the competitiveness of college sports. Still have plenty of friends in Philly that i stay in touch with.
    That sounds absolutely brilliant
  • Options

My best mate can also confirm this. 😂
    As can a friend of a friend, who's at a Div 3 school and is the third choice keeper!!
  • Options

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Oh, where'd you play VG?

I went to the beautifully named Slippery Rock University in Pennsylvania. Div 2, but we won the Penn State Conference and went to Nationals, ended up losing to NY Tech. First state Championship for the school in 32 years and i was top scorer. Loved every single second of it. The people, the atmosphere, the competitiveness of college sports. Still have plenty of friends in Philly that i stay in touch with.
    That sounds absolutely brilliant
    Social Media wasn’t what it was today, but this an article from the final. Apart from my daughter it’s probably the thing I’m proud of the most and I’ll bore anyone who will listen talking about it

https://rockathletics.com/news/2005/11/6/MSOC_110605aab_88.aspx
    And it was even held in one of my favorite places in the US, California

...Pennsylvania