Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burglar alert!

2»

Comments

• Options
    C*** should have his hands cut off as well.
  • Options
    5 years so out it in 2 and a half, and will probaby re-offend 
    I thought that more than 3 years meant you did pretty much the whole sentence, maybe the last part in an open prison. Could be enough to change his ways?
  • Options
    The fella in my post above has been caught. 11 burglaries from August 18 to date. image
    With that many charges against him I suspect he will get two weeks jail suspended for 4 weeks.
    Good news, Chips. He got 5 years! No 2 in that list is my sister:-)
    So the message to burglars is, don't mess with Lifers or their families!

Joking aside, fair play to plod. My sister, like many, assumed nothing would happen.
    Great news... Wish he had got 20.
  • Options
    I thought that more than 3 years meant you did pretty much the whole sentence, maybe the last part in an open prison. Could be enough to change his ways?
    I thought you always do half the sentence, provided you have good behaviour.
  • Options
    It just amazes me how brazen they are now.  You would have thought an alarm and CCTV would be enough to deter them but clearly not!
  • Options
    I think if the sentence is above a certain level then you don’t automatically halve it. It might be more like 4 years. I remember it happened when Jeffrey Archer was sentenced and people were pleased he’d got 4 years instead of less 
  • Options
    I think if the sentence is above a certain level then you don’t automatically halve it. It might be more like 4 years. I remember it happened when Jeffrey Archer was sentenced and people were pleased he’d got 4 years instead of less 
    this is false of course there are occasions when more than half is served, but in the world of rehabilitate instead of punish half is generally what is served - the other half is sometimes on licence/tag etc
  • Options
    Any sentence five years or UNDER means that with good behaviour you are considered for parole on completion of half the sentence. Sentences of more than five years are subject to the normal parole board procedures.
  • Options
    My mate is a magistrate and he says that any sentence under 12 months is automatically halved. I said why don't you double it then and he said on most cases they do.
  • Options
    this is false of course there are occasions when more than half is served, but in the world of rehabilitate instead of punish half is generally what is served - the other half is sometimes on licence/tag etc
    Nope, totally wrong, don't believe everything you read on the internet, there are strict rules regarding parole.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    It just amazes me how brazen they are now.  You would have thought an alarm and CCTV would be enough to deter them but clearly not!
    My sister, on that list, had neither, I have to record. She does now, barn doors, bolted horses, etc. I may not be correct about the UK police viewpoint but I think they only believe alarms are worth it if they are connected to a security company. And I believe that there are viewpoints about which security companies are actually any good.