Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Only Charlton would play 2 friendlies

in Spain, that are not open to the public.

Miserable sods.

Comments

• Options
    They are supposed to be training matches......for fitness and expermentation, with about 25 players - roll on, roll off subs.

Not much of a public spectacle.

Could have had one public game, though - give our supporters an excuse for a party weekend.
  • Options
    It could be you can watch it though.

2 or 3 years ago I watched a friendly against Brøndby at the Valley. That was also not officially open to the public, but a reasonable number of fans had travelled from Denmark and there were both stewards and catering.

The problem is that if you make a game public you need the full monty - police, ambulance, turnstiles etc. and it isn't econimcal. If you fail to prevent the public from watching a private game it can be much cheaper.

Worth investigating.
  • Options
    I'd only be there for the same thing the players will be

'A bit of team bonding'

Nuff Said....
  • Options
    "A BIT of team bonding"... get you?
  • Options
    As Oggy said they are training games. I'm also told that they will be played at the club's training grounds, not the stadiums as the statiums aren't available.

Can't say if people would get in if they just turned up. Would seem a long way to go just on the off chance but maybe if you were in the area.