Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is this Hayden Mullens character worth 1 million

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
Reported we are gonna sign the chap for 1 million, is he any good.

Comments

• Options
    I guess a million is not that much now, he was part of the team that got West Ham promoted; so probably one of those players who looks good/very good in the championship but does not look quite up to it in the prem.
  • Options
    pardew likes him and trusted him for a long time at west ham in both the championship and the prem, never put a foot wrong in the fa cup final season - trust in pards, he's just what we need in the centre to balance the midfield and hold, allowing people like Reidy, Ambrose, Thomas and Sam to attack with a bit of freedom
  • Options
    Yep, I think you're right, Eyesore.

Mullins has done it all before for Pards.
    Probably just what we need in the CCC.....Pards knows exactly what he'll be getting.
  • Options
    He's proven to do a job in the bottom half of the Premiership / top half of the Championship, and has some decent experience.

I think he will be a good signing, and not too bothered what he said about us when he was at palace. A lot of footballers say what they think their people want to hear...
  • Options
    What exactly did he say about us when at Palace ?
  • Options
    Mullins is good at Premiership level, so he would be an excellent signing for the Championship.
  • Options
    Cheers Hackney. I think he would be a good signing too.
  • Options
    All the Wet Spammers at work (and there are plenty of them in Romford) think that Mullins will do a job for us
  • Options
    All sounds good to me.
  • Options
    I'm sure he'd do a good job and be a capable performer but I just can't forget he's Palarse through and through. I know all players support a side no matter what they say in the papers but I'm not impressed as if he has one or two shaky games it will soon come back to haunt him, and us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I'm sure he'd do a good job and be a capable performer but I just can't forget he's Palarse through and through. I know all players support a side no matter what they say in the papers but I'm not impressed as if he has one or two shaky games it will soon come back to haunt him, and us

rubbish man.
  • Options
    I'm sure he'd be professional in attitude.

If not, he gets moved on, in time honoured fashion.
  • Options
    What did he say about us when he was at Palace?
  • Options
    It will smudge, it'll come back to bite us on the arse. I'll be the first to hold my hands up and say I'm a soppy if it don't though. Or am I just bitter because I said Marcus Bent was a good signing?
  • Options
    A footballers support of a team is completely different to a fans support of a team.

I don't care who any of our players or managers support, i just want them to do a good job for us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]A footballers support of a team is completely different to a fans support of a team.

I don't care who any of our players or managers support, i just want them to do a good job for us.

Exactly. If a team is doing well and the player is playing well then it doesn't matter. Didn't a majority of liverpools home grown players over the years, Owen, Gerrard, Fowler, Carragher all support Everton as children? And i don't see Rooneys support of Everton affecting his Man Utd career.
  • Options
    Has anyone got anything in writing that he said he wouldn't ever play for Charlton? If he said this then I think thats a bit different to mentioning in a Q&A he supports Palace.

If he does the business for us however I'll stand corrected
  • Options
    I don't rate him full stop, hope we don't sign him, don't really care what he said about us in the past to be honest. I'll be Happy if he proves me wrong though.
  • Options
    I don't particularly rate the bloke, however realistically we are not going to attract any better in our current position !!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    He hasn't signed yet and may never do. We need someone to tidy up around Reid and he might be the player.

Like any player we get whose played for Palace or Millwall he will be "he's OK, he's one of us now" when he's playing well and a "f***ing Palace/Spanner Bas***D" if he makes a mistake.

Thatcher played for Millwall but does a good job for us. That's enough for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lots of players end up signing for a rival team to the one they supported before turning pro.
    Mendonca, for instance, scored a hatrick against his favourite team Sunderland - to promote us rather than them.

Pards supported Palace and later played for them, before coming to us - both as player and later, manager.
    When we play Palace, I can't see him settling for anything less than a Charlton win.

Why would Mullins be any different?
  • Options
    Chris Powell was a Spurs supporter but still gave his best for us & Watford.

Mullins is a professional and must be better than Faye!

Send him across the Ferry.
  • Options
    we wouldnt have a very good team if we only had Charlton supporters playing i'm afraid.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]we wouldnt have a very good team if we only had Charlton supporters playing i'm afraid.

What, like Charlton Unathletic, you mean?

We were invincible on the day! LOL
  • Options
    Mullins hasn't impressed me on the occasions I've seen him play.

That said Pardew knows him well and if he thinks he can do a job then perhaps we should get him.

Trust in Pards!